Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment (473 Views)

Hurray!!! Jumia Nigeria Extends Her Black Friday Sales (photos Attached) / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / MTN Nigeria To Pay $5.2bn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by slyng(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2015
source: PM News
Nigerian authorities will not enforce a $5.2 billion fine on South Africa’s MTN until negotiations have been concluded, the telecommunications company said on Monday.

The company, which earns 37 per cent of its revenues in Nigeria, last week appointed former chief executive Phuthuma Nhleko as executive chairman for six months to negotiate with Nigerian authorities to get more favourable terms on the fine for failing to disconnect 5.2 million unregistered SIM cards.

“Although the Nigerian Communications Commission set a deadline for payment of the fine by Monday, 16 November 2015, shareholders are advised that the Nigerian authorities have, without prejudice, agreed that the imposed fine will not be payable until the negotiations have been concluded,” MTN said in a statement today.

MTN and Nigeria are still in negotiations, the company added.

MTN on Sunday denied reports that it had asked to settle the fine in staggered payments.
Re: Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by ladyF(f): 9:14am On Nov 16, 2015
Losing all their profit for 2 years because of one silly action.
Re: Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by sorextee(m): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2015
THEY JUST HAVE TO.. SEE AS MTN COME HUMBLE THESE DAYS.. WAS AT THEIR OFFICE SOME DAYS BACK.. THE WHOLE STAFF WORE A GARMENT OF HUMILITY.. I GUESS THEY ARE UNCERTAIN BOUT THEIR JOB... UNLIKE THOSE DAYS... I REMEMBER ONE UGLY LADY sad sadHAD THE GUTS TO TELL ME MY MUM DIDNT TRAIN ME WELL (COS I SPOKE TO HER HARSHLY)...
Re: Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by khristals(m): 9:46am On Nov 16, 2015
angry undecided
Re: Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by khristals(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2015
mtcheww..

MTN pay if you will, if u dont intend to, let us know!

and NCC if by any chance they don't want to adhere, proper actions should be taken!

whatever... their long stories don dey piss me of seff
Re: Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment by Pavore9: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Most Nigerians don't feel any sympathy for MTN.

(1) (Reply)

Join The Big Boys / Car Wash Or Drycleaning Outfit? / Business Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.