Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most (3274 Views)

If You Watched These Cartoon Series And You Are Not Yet Married,please Act Fast / Which Movie Have You Watched More Than Once Without Gettng Bored / 15 Movies You Ought To Have Watched In The First Quarter Of This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
TITANIC
I'm yet to understand whether Jack and Rose were really in love and why Jack had to die in place of those. It's really confusing. Maybe when I fall in love, I'll understand the movie better.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Dapsy75(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
Christopher Nolan's movies memento inception prestige you have to watch more than once to feel it his movies are tight and highly cerebral you need to think to understand the movies

1 Like

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by KINGOFJAPAN: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
PREDESTINATION IS A HEAD Bleep.Er
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Csami(m): 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
On a scale of 1 to 10
Predestination: 7/10
I understood the movie but I keep asking myself till date, how did he first meet himself?

Cloud Atlas: 0/10
I sat down for 2hrs plus watching moving pictures.

Instellar: 3/10
WTF happened? Why were they looking for another inhabitable planet, what was killing earth?

Deja vu: 5/10
The storyline is crap.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Uchwilliam(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2015
ovalrose:
Inception. Prestige. Shutter Island. Im still as confused as i was after watching them 3 years ago.
Prestige wasnt confusing pls
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by ovalrose(f): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2015
Uchwilliam:
Maybe to you. Not to me.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by spacyzuma(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2015
Csami:
On a scale of 1 to 10
Predestination: 7/10
I understood the movie but I keep asking myself till date, how did he first meet himself?

Cloud Atlas: 0/10
I sat down for 2hrs plus watching moving pictures.

Instellar: 3/10
WTF happened? Why were they looking for another inhabitable planet, what was killing earth?

Deja vu: 5/10
The storyline is crap.

I understood Predestination because I had read the original story years ago. "All you zombies" by Robert Heinlein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies

Cloud Atlas. I agree it was hard to understand for the first 10-30 mins. What I did was restart the film (without completing it), finish it, read the plot on wikipedia, and then watch it again. It's now one of my best movies of all time.

Interstellar - Climate change was fvcking up Earth with severe sand storms and drought. Humans were struglling to make enough food to feed. So NASA had a secret mission to locate other habitable planets that humans could colonize, due to the sudden appearance of a wormhole in our solar system.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by SIRcumalot: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Uchwilliam:
Eye boiling spoilers below

. Anytime hugh jackman uses the machine is he killing himself ?
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by SIRcumalot: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2015
spacyzuma:

I understood Predestination because I had read the original story years ago. "All you zombies" by Robert Heinlein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies

Cloud Atlas. I agree it was hard to understand for the first 10-30 mins. What I did was restart the film (without completing it), finish it, read the plot on wikipedia, and then watch it again. It's now one of my best movies of all time.

Interstellar - Climate change was fvcking up Earth with severe sand storms and drought. Humans were struglling to make enough food to feed. So NASA had a secret mission to locate other habitable planets that humans could colonize, due to the sudden appearance of a wormhole in our solar system.
Its not lack of understanding that is the problem it is the question this movie raises while watching them that causes confusion at least for me.

It very straight forward in predestination for example that the main characters and the baby are the same

2 Likes

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by spacyzuma(m): 10:27am On Dec 08, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Anytime hugh jackman uses the machine is he killing himself ?

Yes.

Also to arouse disgust & horror in the film's audience...that a man can desire fame so much that he's willing to keep killing 'clones' of himself.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2015
Dapsy75:
Christopher Nolan's movies memento inception prestige you have to watch more than once to feel it his movies are tight and highly cerebral you need to think to understand the movies

Nolan's genius is a well established fact in Hollywood, but those films you mentioned weren't too difficult to decode.

'Interstellar' on the other hand remains his most complicated movie to death.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by spacyzuma(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2015
koice:

He was successfully drowning his clones, but anytime he uses the machine he was taking a great deal of chance, because it could easily have been him getting trapped in in one of those tanks filled with water instead of his clone.

Each time he (or a clone) used the machine, he was committing suicide by drowning in those tanks. It was always a clone that emerged at the other end.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2015
spacyzuma:

Each time he (or a clone) used the machine, he was committing suicide by drowning in those tanks. It was always a clone that emerged at the other end.

Yeah, you were right. Thumbs up.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by SIRcumalot: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
koice:

Nolan's genius is a well established fact in Hollywood, but those films you mentioned weren't too difficult to decode.

'Interstellar' on the other hand remains his most complicated movie to death.
The open ending of inception wins hands down for me.

Interstellar "love" transcends time and space sounds like a cop out.

@spacyzuma,koice and all
I though the same too,but if you remember hugh jackman made a comment while talking to Bale's character that he doesn't know if it his him receiving the applause from the crowd or drowning.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
SIRcumalot:

The open ending of inception wins hands down for me.

Interstellar love transcends time and space sounds like a cop out.

@spacyzuma,koice and all
I though the same too,but if you remember hugh jackman made a comment while talking to Bale's character that he doesn't know if it his him receiving the applause from the crowd or drowning.

This is where the fictional part comes
into the movie. The machine that Nikola Tesla built created an exact duplicate with all the
memories and experiences restored. The Angier that entered the machine and the Angier that came out literally had no difference in any sense (an exact copy)

The real Angier might have been dead a long time ago but it didn't matter because the duplicate Angier that came out had all the memories of the real Angier.

That's why, Angier at the end says that it took real courage to step inside that machine because he didn't know whether he would be the one to drown or survive.
(https://www.quora.com/Was-the-person-who-drowned-in-the-water-tank-angrier-in-The-Prestige-or-his-clone)

Completely agreed with the above theory.

2 Likes

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by SIRcumalot: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Craziest part about the whole movie,Micheal Caine kept showing us the transported man trick although with the birds at the end you still doubt everything.

1 Like

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by BraniacX(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
of the lot mentioned I haven't watched interstellar and predestination but among those i have, inception and shutter island have open endings subject to being theorized in more than one way that is unless an obviously smarter fellow agrees to demistify it for me.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Uchwilliam(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Anytime hugh jackman uses the machine is he killing himself ?
The machine is high tech nd it cn totally duplicate a person.so what he does is to enter d machine which duplicates him nd then drowns d original.the duplicate continues living

1 Like

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by JinaduJosefu(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
After watching for more than 6 times and still no full understanding....i was quite convinced d writer in intentionally left a lot of questions unanswered! It is Revolver.
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by ekins71: 6:51am On Dec 21, 2015
The season finale of Lost. As a matter of fact, the entire series. The creators of Lost could have continued the storyline forever with the way they kept making things that defied logic up.

1 Like

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by DenisRock(m): 1:43am On Dec 22, 2015
ekins71:
The season finale of Lost. As a matter of fact, the entire series. The creators of Lost could have continued the storyline forever with the way they kept making things that defied logic up.
Don't know if its just me but I never had a problem understanding Lost from start to finish.Sure,I had to do a few rewinds along the way but all in all it was no real challenge and remains one of my fave tv shows.

1 Like

Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by Edd1e(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Inception And Triangle. Both Movies Are Brain Twister
Re: Which Movie have you watched That Stressed Your Brain The Most by chygoz3(m): 12:41am On Dec 24, 2015
koice:
For those emphasizing the complexity of 'Inception' and 'Shutter Island', you haven't seen nutin' yet. 'Cloud Atlas' and 'Mr Nobody' will leave anyone asking themselves after closing credits... "What was that?!"
Once you understand that the different stories took place in different times and that the different roles played by the same actor were not related, it becomes clearer to understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hitv Contact / Check Out The Video I Shot And Edit With My Infinix Hot 2 / List The Movies That Gave You Sleepless Nights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.