Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) (23783 Views)

Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos / See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by ijustdey: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
Three ex-convicts yesterday again ran into trouble following their arrest for alleged traffic robbery at oshodi, Lagos.

Mustapha Adekunle, 21, Olumide Popoola, 20 and Femi Amusa, 20, were arrested by Rapid Response Squad (RRS) operatives following a tip-off by their victim, Olasunkanmi Oyelakin.

The victim said his blackberry phone was stolen by the suspects during early morning traffic rush around Bolade, Oshodi.

He said: “I was on my way to Ajah at 6:30am, I saw Adekunle passed by the bus I boarded. Unknown to me, he was monitoring me. A few minutes later, I noticed a missed call on my phone, and as I brought out the phone, he took the phone from me through the window and ran away. Because there was traffic, I made no attempt to struggle with him, but got down from the nearest bus-stop and I began to monitor him. I noticed that he had regrouped with his friends and one of them was telling him to hand over the phone he stole from me.

“I knew I couldn’t handle the three of them all alone, so I informed the RRS operatives who followed me to the place where he was arrested.”

Adekunle said he was driven by frustration to steal the handset.

“I am a bus conductor in Oshodi. I am from Ibadan and a secondary school dropout. I sleep in Ojuwoye, Mushin. I am an ex–convict. I don’t want to go to prison again. Government should please have mercy on me. I was frustrated into traffic robbery. I won’t do it again,” he pleaded.

Popoola and Amusa denied being in-traffic robbers.

“We were in Lagos to make money to buy working tools having completed our apprenticeship,” Popoola said.

The RRS has also recovered a locally-made gun with a cartridge in Surulere, Lagos Mainland.

The gun was recovered around 2am during the RRS patrol of Iganmu Bridge by the Nigerian Breweries Complex.

The patrol team had spotted three on the bridge. On sighting the police, the men fled.

During a search of where they were standing, a locally-made short gun was found with an unspent cartridge.

Police spokesman Joe Offor, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), said the suspects had been charged to court.

http://thenationonlineng.net/three-ex-convicts-held-for-alleged-traffic-robbery/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by bigeagleeye(m): 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
they are Thieves!...that's what is running in their DNA!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by dre11(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
All these traffic thieves makes driving in lagos risky

They keep multiplying daily
Unless jobs are provided for the youths..... I don't see how this menace will go down

5 Likes

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by chymystique(f): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
See their faces! These one's are Hardened Unrepentent Criminals....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by anathemiamia(f): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
The average age of male prisoners is between 20 and 30. Thats a lot of man power wasting away in prisons and they release them on 50000 to 200000 bail. There are so many ways to empower these guys while in prison and the one i feel would work best is turning a really large location to a work-prison system. Let them farm and at the end of their term, would have some money to start their own farming biz even if its in their village

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by edward1984(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
OMG , they are very young. well no excuses for crime. " If you do the crime you must do the time "

1 Like

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by KnowMore: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
grin
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
grin
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by ZeroTolerance: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yoruba and robbery sha

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
[size=18pt] undecided CHAI E PAIN ME SHA sad sad I EVEN THINK SAY THEM DEM BE IGBOS sad sad[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by sotall(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2015

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by VickyRotex(f): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
Yoruba and robbery sha

What's wrong with you?

You chose the right moniker though undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by instinctg(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
busted

1 Like

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by columbus007(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
YOLOBA again undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by ValerianSteel(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
anathemiamia:
The average age of male prisoners is between 20 and 30. Thats a lot of man power wasting away in prisons and they release them on 50000 to 200000 bail. There are so many ways to empower these guys while in prison and the one i feel would work best is turning a really large location to a work-prison system. Let them farm and at the end of their term, would have some money to start their own farming biz even if its in their village
True I agree with you.

Prisoners can be rehabilitated into productivity while in prison,they would work for the government in various fields needing manpower e.g mining,fishery,agriculture e.t.c
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by texazzpete(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
Yoruba and robbery sha

I presume your name means "zero tolerance for common sense"?

10 Likes

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
See their ugly face..
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
The day I got robbed by 6 well armed robbers right inside my bedroom is the same day I stopped feeling pity for a armed robbers, waste them to reduce crime

5 Likes

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by tammie24: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
Yoruba and robbery sha
Na ibo teach them undecided

4 Likes

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by basty: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
stale news
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Teedol: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
anathemiamia:
Excellent idea, if only Nigerian govt could do that
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Sasuwa(f): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Tm
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Millz404(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
I for like pity dem... But na hustle boiz suppose hustle... No be thief...

1 Like

Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Is that belt?

Nsogbu adiro
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Danny1974: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
Let them go back to where they belong
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by hujjat(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
O-l-e =0le
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
Where's that idiot that was beaten and nearly burned to death yesterday? I'm sure if that didn't happen he'd shout "burn them alive".
I see every life as precious and know the reason for petty robbery here is hunger. Somebody teach those boys yahoo and watch them turn to the breadwinners of their streets and villages.
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Isryl02(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
angrybloody thieves
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by CandyCakes: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
Look at their Faces. Hardened Criminals
Re: Three Ex-convicts Held For Traffic Robbery (pic) by Fertilenigeria: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
Think this people should be probed and called to book.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 70-year-old Woman, Intercepts 12385kg Drugs Smuggled Into Lagos / Robbers Attack Union Bank In Delta With Dynamite, Cart Off N25m / Lagos Court Jails 30 Women For Prostitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.