Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back (2051 Views)

Police Arrest 2 Of Davido's Crew Who Dropped Tagbo Umeike At The Hospital / Deaf Model, Ayanna Michele Reveals Why She Never Went For Surgery / Tonto Dikeh Never Went To Embassy Naked, She Was Arrested With A Bottle Of Vodka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
Below is a list of successful celebrities that have shown to the world that they can make it without a university degree.
According to reports, some were at the university but had to drop out due to certain reasons.

1.Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji (born 3 May 1979) is a popular name in the Nollywood industry.
She is one of the most successful actress in Nigeria. Despite being a very intelligent and successful woman, she did not acquire a university degree, even after saying would go back to school for several years.
Apart from acting, Genevieve owns a fashion line St.Genevieve, launched in May 2008.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by christinie(f): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
So people should drop out of school and become celebrities? Mxm.
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
2. Wizkid

Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July
1990), well known as Wizkid is a popular song writer and singer.
According to reports, he started singing at 11years as Lil Prinz. However, he started his music career fully with Banky W’s music group, Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in 2009.
Wizkid dropped out of Lead City University in his second year because of his music career, hoping to continue later.
According to records, Wizkid’s achievements in the music industry includes: a BET Award, a MOBO Award, three The Headies Awards, two Channel O Music Video Awards, four Nigeria Entertainment Awards, a Ghana Music Award, two Dynamix All Youth Awards, two City People Entertainment
Awards, and a Future Award. In addition, he has been nominated three times at the MTV Europe Music Awards as well as four times at the World Music Awards. He was ranked 5th on Forbes and Channel O’s 2013 list of the Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artists.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Airforce1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
christinie:
So people should drop out of school and become celebrities? Mxm.
No!

But education does not guarantee success
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
3. 9ice

9ice (born Alexander Abolore Adegbola Adigun Alapomeji Ajifolajifaola,on 17 January 1980) is a popular indigenous singer 9ice who is now a politician attended Abule Okuta Primary School and CMS Grammar School, and dropped out fromhis Law course at the Lagos State University to concentrate on music.On his achievements so far, 9ice won the Revelation of the Year award and the Best Male Vocal Performer at the 2008 edition of the Hip Hop World Awards held in Nigeria. A month later atthe first SoundCity Music Video Awards,9ice was nominated in the category of Best New Artiste. 9ice’s biggest single is titled “Gongo Aso”. He is the founder of Alapomeji Records.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
4. Mercy johnson

Mercy Johnson (born in Lagos on 28 August 1984) is a popular Nollywood star. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Nollywood. Mercy Johnson Okojie revealed that she got into the Nigerian movie industry because she failed the university entrance exams (JAMB) several times.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
5. D'banj
Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (popularly known as D’banj, born 9 June 1980) is aNigerian singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman.Dbanj is one of the leading musicians in Africa.He reportedly dropped out of school when he was in 300Level (Mechanical Engineering).Records has it that he has won several music awards, including the awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007, Artist of the Year atthe MTV Africa Music Awards 2009, Best International Act: Africa at the 2011BET Awards, and Best-selling African Artist at the 2014 World Music Awards, Evolution award at the 2015 MTV Africa Music awards.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
6. Don-Jazzy

. Michael Collins Ajere popularly known as Don Jazzy is one of the famous Nigerians who did not need education toachieve success. The prolific music producer and C.E.O of Mavin Records dropped out of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma in his first year.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
7. 2-face

Innocent Ujah Idibia popularly known as 2face attended Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He enrolled at Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT), where he did his preliminary National Diploma course in Business Administration and Management. While attending IMT, he performed at school organised shows and parties. He
eventually dropped out to pursue his music career2Face told Views Channel in an interview about how an incident where he was robbed devastated and led to his decision to leave school to face music.“I got robbed sometime in school. All myaudio cassettes that I recorded they tookthem. I was sad for like a year plus. I dropped out and I am like look I am not continuing this thing I am going to followmusic.“I actually confessed to my parents. I told them the truth that I am not going back to school. I am going to Lagos, Festac town. All this waka wey I dey talkso, na molue… staff, sometimes na fightwe go fight. Them go pursue us from
bus” he said.

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
cc. Rocktation lalasticlala.
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Olofintoto(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Airforce1:
No!
Thumb up!
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by kimnicki(f): 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
school is not everything
Nigerians need to understand that
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by christinie(f): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
Is education all about money?
Airforce1:

No!

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Airforce1(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
christinie:
Is education all about money?
if its not all about money, then its not making sense
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
So Op, what is the moral lesson of this thread

I am curious.
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by Oshovie(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nice post Richommie.
I don't think the OP tried to derogate education. He just wanted all to know that having a degree is not the guarantee of wealth. These celebrity are well-educated to an extent; they don't just have decorated papers called degrees.
Re: 7 Top Nigerian Celebrities Who Dropped Out Of School And Never Went Back by ozy4christ(f): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Mighty Whale Landed At Bar Beach In Lagos Nigeria / American Fashion Model, Bella Hadid, Goes Nude For Vogue Paris [photos] / Nicki Minaj Shows Of Her Water Melon In These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.