Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? (11537 Views)

Is There Any Comic Artist Is Enugu Metropolis I Can Work With? / Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
70percent done

1 Like

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
I think I have to stop here today. Will finish it and color tomorrow. Drawing with wacom tablet was strange but I got a hold of it in 30minutes. Fun all through. DerrickM and polarbite, I await your works o.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yes,I did,bro,part of my #InkTober drawings hopefully posting all I drew online including that soon via my blog...

rotlan:
Your observation about comicpanel is noted. Just got signed on though, so these are some of the issues I will be fixing. Love to see some of your work too...did you draw that @ur profile.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good attempt,bro,with time you will get the hang of the wacom tab with practice like I am trying to do as well. Here are some hand illustration in pencil,ink & coloured pens then these digital versions done in Photoshop and SketchBook Pro drawn with a wacom tab*winks winks*

rotlan:
I think I have to stop here today. Will finish it and color tomorrow. Drawing with wacom tablet was strange but I got a hold of it in 30minutes. Fun all through. DerrickM and polarbite, I await your works o.

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
Cool....give kratos more muscles next time though..heheheehhe....love that character like kilode.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
Noted,bro,I will for next time,I draw him as a full body character not portrait like this. Thanks for the comment.

rotlan:
Cool....give kratos more muscles next time though..heheheehhe....love that character like kilode.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
DerrickM:
@POLARBITE: Don't feel so sour you didn't make the cut for the course I studied into my alma mata that you get online & calling it a #thief. Life doesn't always go the way you expect so suck it up. When online better you watch your words carefully.
For more info on the comic industry in Nigeria,Africa & the world at large. Like ComicPanel on facebook & read their blog daily like I do www.comicpanel.org. We call it the "Linda Ikeji of the Comic Industry"

Thx mr.derrickm
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
DerrickM:
@ROTLAN: Common,bro,2days to be comic artist that's way too fast...When @POLARBITE's level of drawing skills hasn't been ascertained yet. Does he even know the basics of anatomy,gesture & drawing dynamic action poses etc using pencils or inks 1st before we even talk of knowing Photoshop or SketchBook Pro to colour up?!!Safer to say a week & then another week of practice/feedback. Let him even post his pencil or ink works here to get a feel of his art...Am waiting to see your stuff*grinning*musing to myself*

lol,my stuffs? Pls brodas let's leave dat...i'm stil using basic shapes(spheres,cylinders,cube) 2 draw human figures and also readn thru andrew loomis pdf on figure drawing.LOL
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
DerrickM:
Hey,great,you got my name correctly(next time you could modify your former post easily)*lol*rotflr*. Yeah,thanks,bro,just supporting our African industry via my blog. Hopefully launching the web/video tutorials section covering topics from comic making to other topics highlighted on my blog from December 2015 into 2016. Hopefully my artist friends won't use "Am Busy Ooo" alot*hehehe*lol

would love dat!
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
rotlan:
ah rotlaaaaaaaaaan!
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nice stuff mr.derrick! U guys are rly heatn thns up o!
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Don't be scared or afraid*lol*hehehe*I'm still watching video tutorials & reading up stuff so don't think am there yet,I keep pushing. Like Proko Tutorials www.proko.com on facebook & on youtube.com,you'll go through the basics of art.

Polarbite:
lol,my stuffs? Pls brodas let's leave dat...i'm stil using basic shapes(spheres,cylinders,cube) 2 draw human figures and also readn thru andrew loomis pdf on figure drawing.LOL
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
DerrickM:
Don't be scared or afraid*lol*hehehe*I'm still watching video tutorials & reading up stuff so don't think am there yet,I keep pushing. Like Proko Tutorials www.proko.com on facebook & on youtube.com,you'll go through the basics of art.

lol,am nt oo.Rly? U re nt there yet? Wow,alst u able 2 do stuffs lyk dat.Proko u say? Am gonna check dat but i jst 8 watchn videos online(mb thing o)
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yeah am not there yet,bro. Still studying the major styles of painting digitally as much as I can. Get Internet Download Manager(IDM) to download the free videos of Proko because that guy covers the fundamentals of drawing for a layman to understand. If you want to go pro #badass that's the way & get videos on digital painting using Photoshop,Illustrator or SketchBook Pro.
Am compiling links on drawing traditionally & digitally to post online say for nextyear. When I've done that I'll post it here.

Polarbite:
lol,am nt oo.Rly? U re nt there yet? Wow,alst u able 2 do stuffs lyk dat.Proko u say? Am gonna check dat but i jst 8 watchn videos online(mb thing o)
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 8:31am On Dec 04, 2015
DerrickM:
Yeah am not there yet,bro. Still studying the major styles of painting digitally as much as I can. Get Internet Download Manager(IDM) to download the free videos of Proko because that guy covers the fundamentals of drawing for a layman to understand. If you want to go pro #badass that's the way & get videos on digital painting using Photoshop,Illustrator or SketchBook Pro.
Am compiling links on drawing traditionally & digitally to post online say for nextyear. When I've done that I'll post it here.

cool! Nice 1 sir! Sir,what did u study in skul if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2015
I said it up above in my first few comments indirectly but you didn't grab*hahaha*lol*
I studied architecture 1st & 2nd degree in FUTA with a background in fine-art from primary to secondary school.

Polarbite:
cool! Nice 1 sir! Sir,what did u study in skul if i may ask?
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2015
Polarbite:

Polarbite and MB sha...lol
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 10:05am On Dec 04, 2015
Hahahaha*@ROTLAN...Thanks for pointing that out about @POLARBITE*lwkmd*lmao*rotflr*lol*Dude,for your dreams to come true you need to forget about MB & move to the GB realm. Nothing should stand in the way even with our crappy internet network*winks winks*

rotlan:

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 11:08am On Dec 04, 2015
DerrickM:
I said it up above in my first few comments indirectly but you didn't grab*hahaha*lol*
I studied architecture 1st & 2nd degree in FUTA with a background in fine-art from primary to secondary school.

wow! Archy in futa?! Dats cool sir. If only i was destined 2 study archy.#mydreamcourse
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2015
rotlan:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.ye my stomach! Where did ds dude come 4rm.lol.U guyz can't blame me now...na buhari cos am.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2015
DerrickM:
Hahahaha*@ROTLAN...Thanks for pointing that out about @POLARBITE*lwkmd*lmao*rotflr*lol*Dude,for dreams you need to forget about MB & move to the GB realm. Nothing should stand in the way even with our crappy internet network*winks winks*

Eh! GB realm?! Ah sir,pls let me kip managing my mb b4 i can afford GB.I agree wit u sir,nothing shud stand in ones way.#comicartist+architecture=ayodeji adesua.LOL
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hahaha see as he dey fear GB when TB still dey there...lol*
Take your time & evolve. I hope you still get to read your #dream course though but also be reasoning Plan B all the way to Z.

Polarbite:
Eh! GB realm?! Ah sir,pls let me kip managing my mb b4 i can afford GB.I agree wit u sir,nothing shud stand in ones way.#comicartist+architecture=ayodeji adesua.LOL
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
DerrickM:
Hahaha see as he dey fear GB when TB still dey there...lol*
Take your time & evolve. I hope you still get to read your #dream course though but also be reasoning Plan B all the way to Z.

TB ke?! Lol.Amen oooooo.Oh yes i av alot of plans-up 2 C now.lol
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2015
Polarbite...someone did this after just 2hours of tutorial o...not the perfect work but, @least he tried for a start.

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2015
tongue
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
rotlan:
Polarbite...someone did this after just 2hours of tutorial o...not the perfect work but, @least he tried for a start.
nice 1.e b fast learner.But na stil coloure? But wu dey gve u guys d drawings gan?

1 Like

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
I drew it.
Those are my two cartoon characters...shakiti is the girl and bobo is the Boy....lmao...oya shakitibobo bobo...heheheeh
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hahaha...you're thinking on a long thing. It's looking at picture references then imagining something else to draw if you don't want to do fan-art instead...#simple

Polarbite:
nice 1.e b fast learner.But na stil coloure? But wu dey gve u guys d drawings gan?
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
rotlan:
I drew it.
Those are my two cartoon characters...shakiti is the girl and bobo is the Boy....lmao...oya shakitibobo bobo...heheheeh
lol,ah dis man gaaaannnnnnnn! Eh heh,shay u av celerbrity girlfriend? Lol
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
DerrickM:
Hahaha...you're thinking on a long thing. It's looking at picture references then imagining something else to draw if you don't want to do fan-art instead...#simple

Dats all i want 2 hear! Thx mr.Derrick.Rotlan has now becom a badboy o! He needs deliverance wella! Lol.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
Polarbite:
Dats all i want 2 hear! Thx mr.Derrick.Rotlan has now becom a badboy o! He needs deliverance wella! Lol.

Funny enough @derrick, I don't use reference for my drawings. I love coming up with drawings based on what concept I am able to imagine at a particular point in time. I don't use pictures to draw. @polarbite, I don't understand what you mean by "badboy". What I do? grin
On a serious note tho, is there a way polarbite can modify the tittle of this thread so other comic/ creativity enthusiasts can come in and contribute. It has only been u, me and Derrick.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
rotlan:

Funny enough @derrick, I don't use reference for my drawings. I love coming up with drawings based on what concept I am able to imagine at a particular point in time. I don't use pictures to draw. @polarbite, I don't understand what you mean by "badboy". What I do? grin
On a serious note tho, is there a way polarbite can modify the tittle of this thread so other comic/ creativity enthusiasts can come in and contribute. It has only been u, me and Derrick.
i sure don't understand u guys language but am rly enjoyn ur professional views.@Rotlan u re ryt lemme c i cud modify it.#badboyrotlan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Art Materials In Lagos? / Steps To Convert Image File; Text File To Pdf Using CorelDraw / Nigeria 50th Anniversary Logo Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.