Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,263 members, 7,829,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? (1022 Views)

History Will Prove China, Not Trump, Right On Globalization / How The U.S. Uses Globalization To Cheat Poor Countries Out Of Trillions / Can Democracy Survive Globalization? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:32am On Nov 17, 2015
what does Africa benefit from globalization that should make us embrace it savagely the way we are doing? also is deregulation the answer to our problems? I will provide more inputs as the thread goes on(if people are interested) but before doing that let me read your opinions.
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by pansophist(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nothing grin
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by pickabeau1: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
its a moving train
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2015
pickabeau1:
its a moving train

we ain't forced to board that one
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2015
pickabeau1:
its a moving train

so why are we letting corporate to kill local businesses and industries ? even americans are protesting against wal-mart stores in their neighborhoods yet somewhere in Africa , govts are embracing deregulation and privatization. I recall in my own country they bought our sugar company for peanuts in the name of privatization and debt erasement for them to close the producing units , it was clear that the aim objectives was to kick us out of the competition in the central african market. sad
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by pickabeau1: 9:39am On Nov 18, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

so why are we letting corporate to kill local businesses and industries ? even americans are protesting against wal-mart stores in their neighborhoods yet somewhere in Africa , govts are embracing deregulation and privatization. I recall in my own country they bought our sugar company for peanuts in the name of privatization and debt erasement for them to close the producing units , it was clear that the aim objectives was to kick us out of the competition in the central african market. sad

Truly sad but ask yourself what were the roles of the enablers

Some of us facilitated it and sold our legacy

That is the corruption we talk of
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by pleep(m): 1:57am On Dec 09, 2015
Privatization is nothing more than African suicide; colonialism 2.0 sad

The problem is that, without it, Africa will not develop on her own. The average IQ of Nigeria is like 69 which is one point lower than mental retardation in the west. Whether or not this is due to environmental factors or heredity is irrelevant because low IQ begets poverty and poverty begets low IQ. Its a cycle that cannot be broken except by outside factors.

The real problem with this is not the average IQ itself but the implications of it being so low. IQ follows a bellcurve distribution so if the average is 69 (15 standard deviation), 3 standard deviations is 114(1/1000) and 4SD's is 129 (1/10,000).

To put it in context, the average IQ of an engineering grad in the U.S is 123. Less than 1 in around 5000 Africans (living in Africa) are able to score this number.

So when we have a state owned company like NEPA, comprised of people who would not have even been able to graduate Engineering college in the United States the result is a disaster. A disaster compounded by the fact that the 'solution' privatization begets poverty and poverty begets more low IQ continuing the cycle.

Its a truly horrendous predicament, which is why my mind has turned to rather extreme solutions.
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by Sweetguy25: 2:10am On Dec 09, 2015
What a dumb question. Do you expect Africans to live in seclusion?
Re: Pro & Cons Of Globalization In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:28am On Apr 26, 2017
cbravo5:
GLOBALIZATION AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/philosophy/globalization-and-economic-development-in-nigeria/
thank you very much,interesting read indeed

(1) (Reply)

World’s Second-biggest Diamond Discovered In Botswana / See The Deadly Training Safety Officials Were Doing On Road In Niger State(pics / I Will Resist Buhari’s Dictatorial Tendencies - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.