Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training (18766 Views)

See The Line-up Of Vehicles And Aides Awaiting Buhari In Abuja / Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training / Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by str8talk1: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mr. Senate President(Bukola Saraki) u r a very wasteful/wreckless and corrupt administrator. U wnt expatriates fly into Nigeria and teach u and ur fellow senators & aides d use of facebook where u ought 2 hv ask ur grandchildren or pry 6-JSS 1 Students to teach u and ur numbskulls.
This is a simple case of irresponsible/senseless/mindless deliberate expenditure because u hv money voted for ur office.
And anybody supporting dis act must be viewed as pple who shld b sent back 2 d stone-age.
Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Serendip:
None of the 109 Senators attended an online training organised on Monday by the office of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

The workshop was organised for the senators and their aides and it was aimed at strengthening their use of Facebook and Social media for effective communication on issues relating to Public Policy and Good Governance.

Our correspondent also observed that, less than 10 percent of the aides of the senators attended the event.

Majority of those in attendance were from the senate president’s office.

Findings revealed that just 25 out of about 500 senators’ aides, actually turned up for the programme.

The Chief of Staff to the Senate President, Senator Isa Galaudu, had in a statement issued on Thursday, said the training was in line with the promise of the senate president to bring about, a more representative legislature through the use of technology and e-parliamentary tools.

He had said that the training, would be conducted by the Head of Policy at Facebook Africa and members of her team, billed to arrive in the country on Sunday.

Source: http://punchng.com/senators-aides-shun-sarakis-online-training/

If the programme memo read "Online methods on how to agitate better legislator allowances and salaries using multiple Facebook accounts " they would all attend.

#HeartlessImbeciles every single one of them.
Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 18, 2015
Na grammar u dey blow
Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by Ghandi12: 12:58am On Nov 18, 2015
sam90s:

5 aids on public fund appears fiscally unsound considering our current circumstances, but if they are to perform to expected standard I think 2 permanent staff and a host of volunteers will be a good idea (we a army of young, bright, energetic school leavers who just need a break),
I agree with your post unil "......3rd world country" that's a derogatory term. Poor? Yes, majority of the the population is economically poor, 3rd world? I don't think so.

If we are not 3rd world then we could be worse - The US,UK, Russia, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Japan etc are generally considered 1st world - While Malaysia, India, South-Africa, Peru, Mexico, etc are usually considered 2nd world with some shades of nuance. Are you going to put us among these nations? So if we do not fall among these groups where-else shall we be accommodated?

There is nothing shameful about starting from bottom but for too long we embraced retrogression as norm.
Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by Ghandi12: 1:15am On Nov 18, 2015
INTERMAN:
eh nawa o. Make a whole senator no get aids again? You and ur buhari mentality sha. Take care if our leaders so they can take care of us.

While one can overlook the fact that more than half of these Senators have cases of stealing, forgery, gun-running, and drug-peddling against them your call for them to be cared for is ridiculous.

Take the Senate President Saraki for example with alleged questionable belongings running into Billions of naira - How do you want a "mere" salary earner (N18k minimum wage) to care for him? By buying him coke or what?

True leadership is earned through conscientiousness and selflessness. It is absurd having 5 aides/Senator in the same country where : millions are IDPs, millions of youth are jobless, and where the President has pronounced the nation broke.
Re: Senators, Aides Shun Saraki’s Online Training by sam90s(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ghandi12:

If we are not 3rd world then we could be worse - The US,UK, Russia, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Japan etc are generally considered 1st world - While Malaysia, India, South-Africa, Peru, Mexico, etc are usually considered 2nd world with some shades of nuance. Are you going to put us among these nations? So if we do not fall among these groups where-else shall we be accommodated?

There is nothing shameful about starting from bottom but for too long we embraced retrogression as norm.
Trust me I do understand the concept behind the term, but I consider it a derogatory term still, there's a good reason why people like Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe will refuse to use the term, it's one thing being made reference to like that and it's another altogether adopting it, believe me it's a mind game, why will you call yourself 3rd world when other term exist? what's wrong with developing nation, less industrialised, do you know that cancer, diabetes, asthma and other chronic diseases/infections common in INDUSTRIALISED nations are referred to as 'Rich-world" diseases (makes sense I admit), yet we in less industrialised nations see them for what they are (deleterious), but who get to put a positive spin on it? "rich world diseases" my a*@
I actually agree with the practicality of the term, so why not spin our own reality at least in a less derogatory term "developing/less-industrialized" sounds practical and less derogatory to me, what do you think?
And secondly, don't start saying it doesn't sound negative to you, it is not just about you, me or those with the malicious intent behind this branding, it's mostly about the unsuspecting 3rd party whose naivety is being exploited, this negative branding help feed certain narrative if you know what I'm saying, a lot depends on the potency of that narrative, industries have been build on it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Don't Buy Into The Senseless Propaganda On Secession" - President Buhari / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 / What I Went Through For Believing We Could Defeat PDP – TINUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.