Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet (696 Views)

Bode Mustapha Exposes Buhari's Real Enemies / APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by makzeze: 5:58am On Nov 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari says the delay in forming his cabinet was due to the inadequacy of the handover notes he received from his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari said this in Abuja yesterday at a conference on “Strengthening Nigeria’s Transition Frameworks for Democratic Consolidation,” organised by the National Democratic Institute (NDI).

The president, whose speech was delivered by the Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, said the handover notes he received from Jonathan did not disclose the information that would help his government.
He said upon assuming office, he had to take briefings from ministries, departments and agencies for almost two months even as he had to attend to other serious issues of governance.

The president explained further: “In order to achieve its mandate, the transition committee which I constituted after our historic victory in the last election had hoped that the outgoing government’s team will sit down with our committee to ensure an orderly handover of notes, exchange of views and clarifications.”

President Buhari also stated that Jonathan and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) were not mentally prepared for their defeat in the 2015 general elections.
According to the president, Jonathan and the PDP were also not prepared for any transition that would not be from themselves to themselves.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-real-reason-for-delay-in-forming-cabinet/119758.html
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by tyson99(m): 6:03am On Nov 17, 2015
Jonathan the clueless one grin
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by AngryNigerian(m): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Wait, na so Boo-boo wan take finish im tenure, blaming phee-dee-phee & GEJ @ any slight chance
I hope they know the cause of people's scorn for PDP & GEJ is non-performance...

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by psucc(m): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2015
It's time we do away with the 'failings' of the last administration. Having constituted his cabinet let Buhari, president and petroleum minister come out with policies that will boost the economy.

We cannot afford to cope with the present economic situation that had resulted in job cuts and the attendant consequences that is imminent - rise in crime.
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by Nelkoko: 6:26am On Nov 17, 2015
Bad leaders blame others 4 dia failures.....i believe him go still blame oga jona 4 dis fuel crisis........d handover note buhari read am no b pple him give make dem help am read?
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:30am On Nov 17, 2015
Lie Muhammed don resume his duty. Chief propagandists of out time.
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by PRYCE(m): 6:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Lai Lai Lai!

Lai and Mohammed in the same name spells danger!
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2015
Did Buhari receive handover notes from Shehu Shagari before he topple that democratic government in 1983?
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by idupaul: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2015
Buhari should pplease shut , we are tired of him complaining and blaming the last govt for everything.. Let him prove himself that he is better than GEJ.. I thought GEJ was the worst president ever but with the way Buhari is going I mite be wrong
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by rifasenate11(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2015
We have heard.! The strength of the Nigerian Masses. the same thing will Happen to this Government and the APC, if Nigerians continue to witness an increase in poverty and unemployment, since we have a new government in Nigeria, we expected lots of ground to be covered by the government in helping the masses, i will stand with any productive Nigerian government and once the leadership is based on lies and propaganda, surely, the same government will be overthrown by the masses, Nigeria will still be there, government will continue to change....
Re: Buhari: Real Reason For Delay In Forming Cabinet by samdede(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2015
Can we get moving and leave this blaming game?

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Between The Protesters, The Government And The Masses. - And My Opinion / No Governor Have Power To Ask Emeifile Money,he will go to jail / Fayose: Buhari Killed Awolowo, Alamieyeseigha - Thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.