Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This (2119 Views)

Osinbajo After Reading Buhari's Letter - Reno Omokri (Photos) / Whereabouts Of The Woman Who Cried After Declaring President Buhari Winner / '' I Want To Go Back To Sambisa Forest To Meet My Husband'' 9yr old girl cried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 5:59am On Nov 17, 2015
You will not have my hatred."

That's the defiant message the husband of one of the Paris attacks victims is sending to ISIS.

Antoine Leiris lost his wife in the Friday violence that shook the French capital, taking the lives of at least 129 and injuring hundreds more.

He penned the poignant tribute to his wife on Monday, publishing it on his Facebook page. His status, promising to not let his 17-month-old son grow up in fear of ISIS, has been shared over 57,000 times.

'You want me to be frightened'

"Friday night you took away the life of an exceptional human being, the love of my life, the mother of my son, but you will not have my hatred," Leiris wrote.

"I do not know who you are, and I do not wish to. You are dead souls. If this God for whom you kill so blindly has made us in His image, every bullet in the body of my wife will have been a wound in His heart."

"So I will not give you the privilege of hating you. You certainly sought it, but replying to hatred with anger would be giving in to the same ignorance which made you into what you are. You want me to be frightened, that I should look into the eyes of my fellow citizens with distrust, that I sacrifice my freedom for security. You lost. I will carry on as before.

"I saw her this morning. Finally, after nights and days of waiting. She was as beautiful as when she left on Friday evening, as beautiful as when I fell madly in love with her more than 12 years ago. I am of course devastated by heartbreak, I'll cede you that little victory, but it will be short-lived. I know that she will be with us every day and that we will meet again in a paradise of free souls to which you will never have access."

Attack on Western Nations

The attacks, seen as an affront not only to France but on broader Western freedoms, has sparked fears of retaliation against refugees and France's Muslim population.

But many Parisians, like Leiris, are determined to go about their lives as normal, refusing to give in to ISIS' goal of sowing divisions and hate in society.

Leiris closed his moving tribute to his wife promising to raise his son happy and free.

"There are only two of us, my son and I, but we are stronger than all the armies of the world. Moreover, I have no more time to grant you, I must go to Melvil who is waking up from his nap. He is just 17-months-old. He will eat his snack like he does every day, then we will play like we do every day and every day of his life this little boy will affront you by being happy and free. Because you will not have his hatred either."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/husband-facebook-post-paris-attacks/index.html

3 Likes

Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by AngryNigerian(m): 6:03am On Nov 17, 2015
How did we become this hateful!!!
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by maxti: 6:11am On Nov 17, 2015
All is well!
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by olumide81(m): 6:11am On Nov 17, 2015
I doubt the sincerity of his words....though emotionaly laden.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2015
He is just powerless physically cos a handfull of brainwashed low life individuals with a hateful ideology can unleash these terror attacks and governments of the world are trying hard even within the law to get a step ahead but its pretty difficult.

His only power is his will and that is strong enough
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bigeagleeye(m): 6:17am On Nov 17, 2015
I am with you on this, Antoine Leiris!
I pray for your family!
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by shakaZuIlu: 6:19am On Nov 17, 2015
FFK are you cramjones grin
if yes i want to drink beer cheesy
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bigeagleeye(m): 6:19am On Nov 17, 2015
The man has only shared his resolution, he is not asking you to believe, so you don't need to share your doubt! undecided
olumide81:
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by babatundeizbad(m): 6:19am On Nov 17, 2015
A rare soul.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:19am On Nov 17, 2015
maxti:
All is well!

France has consistently been a victim of massive terror attacks due to its "openness" to a growing Muslim population they are presently on their knees and will get up stronger just like other nations suffering terror attacks
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:22am On Nov 17, 2015
olumide81:

you are just a sick man! shove your doubts in ur rectum
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:23am On Nov 17, 2015
shakaZuIlu:
FFK are you cramjones grin
if yes i want to drink beer cheesy

na beer time be this?? u no they always think other tins except for beer?
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by tolustx(m): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2015
I can feel the agony in those words.
They are heavy words. Just 17 months old baby? And he's gonna raise dat child alone? Or remarry to have a woman to take care of the baby.

He's trying to say he won't dwell in d agony and he won't be broken because of the evil someone intentionally perpetrated to affect him.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2015
tolustx:
I can feel the agony in those words.
They are heavy words. Just 17 months old baby? And he's gonna raise dat child alone? Or remarry to have a woman to take care of the baby.

He's trying to say he won't dwell in d agony and he won't be broken because of the evil someone intentionally perpetrated to affect him.

right
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by maxti: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2015
I can imagine what their immigration laws would look like now.
FemiFaniKayode:

France has consistently been a victim of massive terror attacks due to its "openness" to a growing Muslim population they are presently on their knees and will get up stronger just like other nations suffering terror attacks
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2015
maxti:
I can imagine what their immigration laws would look like now.

my thoughts too. a handful of people just mess up genuine intents of real muslims who are fun loving and wanna do business or go on pleasure trips to France
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bonechamberlain(m): 6:37am On Nov 17, 2015
nice, pls tell u govt to stop creating homeless people. cause these homeless people would turn back against the french people.

France created homeless people when it supported the phony war in Iraq under the deceitful guise of destroying Saddam's unknown chemical weapon. which has created so many homeless people and humanitarian crisis.

France supported and even spearheaded the bombings of Libya under the deceitful and despicable guise of saving Libyans, which the result was creating more homeless people and endangering the lives of Libyans.

France supported and took part in the anti Syrian campaign, because of its hate for a democratically elected leader Assad, creating the terrorist organization isis which has almost destroyed Syria, creating thousands if not millions of homeless people, condemning them to refugees.

until all these phony, deceitful and inhuman western wars stops such attacks would continue to take place in France and other western countries.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by maxti: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2015
I don't think only Muslims will be affected hence for th.
FemiFaniKayode:

my thoughts too. a handful of people just mess up genuine intents of real muslims who are fun loving and wanna do business or go on pleasure trips to France
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by Rawani: 6:44am On Nov 17, 2015
This was touching...take heart Antoine. Those cowards target the weak and defenceless, and are not worthy of the label of 'fighter', they are nothing but armed cowards that blow themselves up to escape the consequences of their actions.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2015
bonechamberlain:
nice, pls tell u govt to stop creating homeless people

which govt
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bonechamberlain(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

which govt
the french govt.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by shakaZuIlu: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

na beer time be this?? u no they always think other tins except for beer?

Nope i want to drink beer just like you give to barcanista cheesy

please i need beer cry there's no specific time for beer cheesy
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2015
bonechamberlain:
the french govt.

let me give you a BOD how is ur claim (even if true) that the French govt creating homeless people ( don't know wat that means) is relAted to the agony of one of many people affected by this terror attack??

mbok carry your analysis go beer parlour
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by FemiFaniKayode: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2015
[[s]quote author=bonechamberlain post=40102141]nice, pls tell u govt to stop creating homeless people. cause these homeless people would turn back against the french people.

France created homeless people when it supported the phony war in Iraq under the deceitful guise of destroying Saddam's unknown chemical weapon. which has created so many homeless people and humanitarian crisis.

France supported and even spearheaded the bombings of Libya under the deceitful and despicable guise of saving Libyans, which the result was creating more homeless people and endangering the lives of Libyans.

France supported and took part in the anti Syrian campaign, because of its hate for a democratically elected leader Assad, creating the terrorist organization isis which has almost destroyed Syria, creating thousands if not millions of homeless people, condemning them to refugees.

until all these phony, deceitful and inhuman western wars stops such attacks would continue to take place in France and other western countries.[/quote][/s]

that answers it
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bonechamberlain(m): 7:07am On Nov 17, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

let me give you a BOD how is ur claim (even if true) that the French govt creating homeless people ( don't know wat that means) is relAted to the agony of one of many people affected by this terror attack??

mbok carry your analysis go beer parlour
ok no need to quote me. move on to the next quote.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by bonechamberlain(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:
[[s]quote author=bonechamberlain post=40102141]nice, pls tell u govt to stop creating homeless people. cause these homeless people would turn back against the french people.

until all these phony, deceitful and inhuman western wars stops such attacks would continue to take place in France and other western countries.[/s]

that answers it

ok move on
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by Mayfrank(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2015
And one foolish Nigerian will say using France flag as dp on Facebook is an act of slavery.
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by Mayfrank(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2015
Come on this didn't even make fp. Typical Nigerians
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2015
#word
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by Jchi9876: 11:20am On Nov 17, 2015
na wa for una ooo how did this not make fp

lalasticlala, seun, afam4eva

if na Tonto now una go dey run helter skelter grin

do the needful mbok
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by kobe79: 11:24am On Nov 17, 2015
#wow
Re: You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This by kobe79: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2015
olumide81:

you are a tortoise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should New Calls For Biafra Worry Nigerians? BBC / Femi Kayode ; FG Must Stop The Barbaric Slaughter Of IPOB Members. / How Maurice Ibekwe Defrauded A German Of $30m – Forensic Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.