Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Local Short Story Contest - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Local Short Story Contest (901 Views)

The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest / Short Story Contest / Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Short Story Contest by nwadinma(f): 4:37am On May 20, 2009
Why?
I have never come across short story contest for Nigerian writers.

The Nigerian authors association website is almost not existing.

I wish old and established writers can organise stuffs to motivate up coming writers just as they are doing in the music industry.

On a personal note now, I seriously need info on public readings and book shows that will happen in and around Abuja.
Re: Local Short Story Contest by nwadinma(f): 12:04am On May 21, 2009
Thought I clearly stated what I wanted. U could have gone elsewhere to advertise Mike.
Just want to hear from the masters, why is writing so out of it in this country?
Re: Local Short Story Contest by begunatoye(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2009
There is an essay competition advertised by the Punch on may 27,2009.It has a prize money of 70000 naira, one year free membership of british council and 1000 naira entry fee.
Re: Local Short Story Contest by nigboy(m): 12:46pm On May 28, 2009
begunatoye:

There is an essay competition advertised by the Punch on may 27,2009.It has a prize money of 70000 naira, one year free membership of british council and 1000 naira entry fee.
What is the topic of the essay competition
Re: Local Short Story Contest by begunatoye(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2009
the title of the essay is ,The role of pets in Human health. the word length is 2000.it can be sent as a word document attachment to visitpetking@yahoo.com, or as snail mail to petking vet clinic ,89, ago palace way, vulcanizer bus stop, okota. Entry closes on july 12.

(1) (Reply)

Blood Is Thicker Than Water- Help Me On The Next Chapter. / Where Can We Find The Smallest Palmtree? / Write a Poem For St. Valentine and win free tickets to London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.