Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran (4752 Views)

Where Is Jerusalem Mentioned In The Quoran. / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by cloudgoddess(f): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Annunaki:

Evidently, you haven't read the new testament.
Evidently, you haven't read the verse where Jesus says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)"

And regardless of whatever modern Christians say about the "Old Testament not applying anymore", that doesn't change the fact that you still worship a god who at one point thought killing babies, raping women, and enslaving people were perfectly good things to tell people to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by Godsfamilymemba: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
salawustyles:

so you now believe jesus is just a prophet,every prophet has his own special names by which they are called e.g
Prophet ibrahim-khalil ul rahman
prophet muhammad-rasulullah,etc
so the fact that jesus has special names does not mean he should be worshiped

Jesus was a Prophet to the Jews and the light of the world. He is not "just" a prophet; the book(s) that brainwashed Muslims about the fake Jesus they sincerely believe in is/are inspirations from their enemy the devil who has vowed to lead them astray.
Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by Godsfamilymemba: 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
cloudgoddess:

Evidently, you haven't read the verse where Jesus says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)"

And regardless of whatever modern Christians say about the "Old Testament not applying anymore", that doesn't change the fact that you still worship a god who at one point thought killing babies, raping women, and enslaving people were perfectly good things to tell people to do.

So what did you think is the definition of accomplished? And why did you think Jesus said, "It is finished," when he was crucified?

* Well, I understand that when a lady becomes convinced that her mother never existed, it's easier to believe anything else about her including not looking like her.

By the way, where did you read about permitting rape in the Bible?
Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by Breakdbond: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

So what did you think is the definition of accomplished? And why did you think Jesus said, "It is finished," when he was crucified?

* Well, I understand that when a lady becomes convinced that her mother never existed, it's easier to believe anything else about her including not looking like her.

By the way, where did you read about permitting rape in the Bible?

The thing is that at a point in history, the Christain God (Yahweh) endorsed all those atrocities cloudgoddess mentioned above.
Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by Godsfamilymemba: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Breakdbond:

The thing is that at a point in history, the Christain God (Yahweh) endorsed all those atrocities cloudgoddess mentioned above.

Not like you are seeing it and rape was never part of it. By the way God is not man- everything belongs to Him. His judgment are just and right. If those laws were his original intent, they would have been retained even in Christianity.
Re: Why I Left Islam After Reading The Quoran by Breakdbond: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Not like you are seeing it and rape was never part of it. By the way God is not man- everything belongs to Him. His judgment are just and right. If those laws were his original intent, they would have been retained even in Christianity.

How am I seeing it? Cos the OP was condemning another religion for the same thing his own God once approved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? / Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. / The Usefulness Of Psalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.