Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery (911 Views)

Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos / Photos From The Festac Bank Robbery Incidence, 14-month-old Baby & Mother Killed / Bank Robbery In FESTAC Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery by LOC1(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2015
The issue of insecurity in the commercial capital city of Nigeria, Lagos is one that should not be held with kids gloves. It is much disheartening hearing another robbery attack on Festac after it suffered a deadly attack about a month ago with the local police whose area command is located close to the scene of the robbery who did nothing as huge amount of money were carted away by the men of the underworld. Truth is, our security forces especially the Nigeri Police Force are yet to live up to their responsibility and something is needed to be done before this issue gets out of hand.
My hypothesy on the current Festac robbery and the previous robbery incidents is what I will attribute to the lack of intelligence and incompetent measures that has ravaged the rank and file of our para military organisations. Going back on memory lane, the maiden attack of the recent arm-robbery situation was carried out in Lekki, followed by the one that took place in Ijede and Ipakodo both in Ikorodu, then the last attack on festac about a month ago. Reports had it that the robbers in all of these robberies made use of the water way as their escape route. Another major thing to note is that after the Ipakodo robbery, some suspects were arrested by the Military and were handed over to the police for further investigation. Also to note was the confession by the suspects that they were involved in the first three attacks and they made mention of oke oko a suburb of ikorodu bordering Arepo that happens to be infamous for pipeline and crudeoil vandalism as well as the execution of our forcemen. My hypothesy though is that the first festac robbery came days after the military launched an offensive on the vandals whom about 80% were able to escape with their weapon before the offensive. When I heard of the Festac robbery and the way it was conducted, I knew it was done by the same set of folks who escaped from Ikorodu without proper check and today news have it that they are currently attacking Festac. Truth be told, our armed forces and the police must come together and profer a means of curtailing the excesses of these ex vandals turned robbers before their euphoria turn to years long ecstacy.
However, I want to appeal to all tribal bigots who have been shifting the blames on one another to keep mute as that is not the solution. These series of attack is a threat to our comfort here in Lagos and all hands must be on deck to report suspects to the lagos state government via the 767 or 112 emergency response lines. One again, let the bigotry stop.
Re: My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery by Trapnews: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Young man, what's your point? Are you seriously insinuating that the police has been dormant? Let's be constructive rather than outright condemnation.
Re: My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery by LOC1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trapnews:
Young man, what's your point? Are you seriously insinuating that the police has been dormant? Let's be constructive rather than outright condemnation.
In robbery situations, our Police have been dormant. They runaway to showup minutes after the deed is done. My point is that the Police in conjuction with the Military need to step up the game and formulate measures to repel impending attacks.

1 Like

Re: My Hypothesy on the Festac Robbery by Pidggin(f): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
Haven't you all noticed that crime has increased in your state since Fashola left office?

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Picture: The Wickedness Of Humans. / Panama Papers Reveal Saraki,coker,bello Gwandu On The List (photo) / How I Slept With 8 Men Same Time-sex Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.