Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) (33248 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Spirit Told Me To Stab The Pregnant Woman –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Islie: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
A 40-year-old man, Kelechi Okorie, who hails from Imo State, has claimed that he joined a robbery gang after he was dismissed from the Army. Okorie, who was arrested for attempting to snatch a motorcycle from its owner at Ajah area of Lagos about 10:28pm on November 10.

The owner, according to the police, sustained injuries after Okorie shot him in the leg for refusing to release his motorcycle. People around the scene of the attack mobilised to rescue the owner of the motorcycle who was struggling with the suspect.
It was during the struggle between Okorie and the owner of the motorcycle which drew the attention of passers-by to the scene. The people were able to hold the suspect until the arrival of the police.

The police recovered a gun and ammunition from Okorie while the victim was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. Okorie told journalists that he was a soldier serving in Imo State before his dismissal in 2013. He said: “I am a dismissed soldier. I was dismissed in Imo State in 2013 because I travelled without permission.
“After I was dismissed, I joined a three-man gang of robbers. One Chibuike bought this gun for us to operate with.

Since we have been operating, we have never killed anybody except the motorcyclist who I shot unintentionally. We usually operate on Badagry Road and anywhere we see what we like.
“We have operated in more than five places so far and I have received over N90,000 from the operations. We snatch mostly motorcycles and handbags by pretending to board the motorcycle.

We will ask the owner to come down forcibly and we go away with the motorcycle and the owner’s possessions. “I don’t know if my gang members are aware of my arrest and I don’t know their whereabouts. I am married and have kids but I don’t know if they would bail me out or I’d be charged to court. If I’m released, I won’t go into robbery again.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/i-was-dismissed-from-army-robbery-suspect/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
This is really sad . But you were dismissed from your job does not mean you should turn to roberry. There are better jobs you can turn to like blogging just like myself or anything you think you can do. That is not an excuse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
because u were dismissed frm army doesnt guarantee u 2 join criminal. Inshort, dere's robbery in ur blood

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by chymystique(f): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
So whats his reason for shooting the owner of the bike on the leg.. See his face! He should be made to face the wrath of the law without pity

6 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by ijustdey: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
am sure he was dismissed because he was using his uniform to rob.

because you just don't pick this habit in a day....... i

7 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
While his mates are busy fighting Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by damton(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
HE SHOULD BE SENTENCED TO SAMBISA FOREST TO FIGHT BOKO HARAM WITH JUST STICK AND STONES

16 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by englishmart(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
shut up and get ready for jail.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
why dismiss him just for travelling without permission?
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by NJPot(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
He is not a true blood of Igbo nation. May be he was born and abandoned by a Yoruba woman and was picked up by an Ibo family. Igbos are not known to be armed robbers or bad people. But are known to be the best in business, education, sports, entertainment and all the good things of life. Even oyibo people borrowed some sense from Igbos. If you doubt, see 25 English words stolen from Igbo language.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by deramarks(f): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Blured:
This is really sad . But you were dismissed from your job does not mean you should turn to roberry. There are better jobs you can turn to like blogging just like myself or anything you think you can do. That is not an excuse.

Anyway, I am a blogger who writes to motivate and advice people on Lesson of Today Blog at www.lessonoftoday.com
I wana b a blogger too pls help me
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by SirdeKay: 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Name checkers, over to you.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Daraph(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
englishmart:
shut up and get ready for jail.

No vex bro.
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by nurex01(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
K undecided
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
ok..clap for urself..cos dey rejected u ,u shld reject urself too huh?

1 Like

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by swagtomp(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nigerians sha... U go dey look for pity now....why u shoot d man for leg na?

1 Like

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nicepoker(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Swerving from drugs to this. Go bck to ur normal drugs business.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Daraph(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Abeg,wetin be dat im name self Just asking ooo,I no say more than that cos everyone don know before say they are all thief grin

5 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by ojeota(f): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
Now i see the reason why you were dismissed.

1 Like

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by oppybouy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
Liverpool fan embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Seen

Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by OjoraFunmilola(f): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Congrats
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Emilychick(f): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
grin
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by miqos02(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
ok
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by Yalien(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dismissal from the army is no excuse coz they just don't dismiss personnels for no reason.

1 Like

Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by omaniblog(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
oh
Re: I Was Dismissed From Army –robbery Suspect (pictured) by MadCow1: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trained criminal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

62-year-old Man Arrested For Fingering Neighbour’s 10-year Old Daughter - Photo / How Thousands Dig UP, Eat And Sell Condemned Chicken In Rivers-tell Magazine / Man Strips Unclad To Fight A Police Officer In Ikorodu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.