Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes (1809 Views)

Fayose: I Was Condemned For Wearing T-shirt, Zuckerberg Was Hailed By Nigerians / Biafra protests:US, Nigeria condemned for remaining silent while 'bomb waits... / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by chesterlee(m): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
A group of Nigerians and Americans has criticised the US for ignoring the increasing tension in southeastern Nigeria. Demonstrators gathered outside the US embassy in Abuja this week to urge Barack Obama and the Nigerian government to strengthen democratic institutions in the West African nation and address the issue of pro-Biafran calls for independence.
The protest, organised by umbrella organisation 33 International, came as a wave of rallies by pro-Biafrans is rocking the country's south-east and south-south. Pro-Biafrans are calling for the independence of territories that constituted the Biafran Republic, established in 1967 and re-annexed to Nigeria in 1970, following a civil war that claimed between one and three million lives.
Supporters of the Biafra cause hold regular marches − which they call "evangelisation" − across several states in southern Nigeria, mainly inhabited by the Igbo ethnic group. Protests have intensified in the past few days in Nigeria and other states
after Biafran leader Nnamdi Kanu was
apprehended in Lagos in October .
Ipob leader whereabouts unknown despite Nigeria security forces claiming he is on bail
Some Nigerians said they were concerned about the ongoing pro-Biafra protests while the Nigerian police told IBTimes UK that pro-Biafrans act in a violent manner during their rallies, which disrupt peace in the country.
Public relations officer for the police in Anambra state, Oleehkukyu Ali, also said the police have nothing against pro-Biafran groups as long as they behave in a peaceful way.
"Our country provides freedom of association, speech and movement," he said. "But groups have to behave peacefully. Police in Anambra are operating a very open policy and leaders of groups should engage with us and let us know what they are doing so we are aware of protests."
On the other side, pro-Biafrans claims they are holding peaceful demonstrations and blame the police for any violence that occurs. Police have denied these claims, but Amnesty International said in an exclusive report by IBTimes UK there was "credible evidence that pro-Biafran separatists in Nigeria are targeted by police".

Source: www.ibtimes.co.uk/biafra-protests-us-nigeria-condemned-remaining-silent-while-bomb-waits-detonate-1529146

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by brize(m): 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Biafra will emerge victorious

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Candyrain(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
brize:
Biafra will emerge victorious

Iseee!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
Like play like play, garri don dey pass water.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by kingdompropty: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
IPOB and other organizations should draw up a 5 years plan for the actualization of Biafra so that all Biafrans can run with it, as we all know that in 5 years we shall have Biafra, either the devil like it or not.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by coolzeal(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
Freedom is coming.. Reminds me of the movie....Sarafina.

God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun..

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by bolabolakemi(f): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
No be small thing o cool Biafra is gaining ground smiley

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by ishiamu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
I want no biafra....... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by kennyjodeci(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
If you want Biafra like I do, just click that thing biko

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by chesterlee(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
ishiamu:
I want no biafra....... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I bu nno Ishi amu!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by mazeltov(m): 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
It is all about being loyal!! There is need to create employment in this country so as to engage these youth
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Stolen: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Obama is a muslim and that is the reason all this islamic extremism is worst under his Presidency. He sure deceived American with the christian act during his initial election campaign. Who knows if he still goes to Church and wat happened to his Pastor.

I can't wait for him to leave and a real American at heart takes over the Presidency.
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
mazeltov:
It is all about being loyal!! There is need to create employment in this country so as to engage these youth

we are self employed bro.

Our problem is not job. We dont just want to be forced to be Nigeria anymore.

We are Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by B69U: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Everything that has begining comes with an end. Nigeria is no different.
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by mazeltov(m): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
noblezone:

we are self employed bro.

Our problem is not job. We dont just want to be forced to be Nigeria anymore.

We are Biafrans.
you go fear self employment, i heard you guys are planning for war

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Tunami(m): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
unemployment is the major cause of this biafra agitation, because if those vibrant youths are employed they wont even think of Bia talkless of fra.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by B69U: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tunami:
unemployment is the major cause of this biafra agitation, because if those vibrant youths are employed they wont even think of Bia talkless of fra.

Unemployment is not the only issue. Discrimination, Marginalisation, Tribalism, Xenophobia, Terrorism, Corruption and Dictatorship. The reasons are endless. Nigeria is not working.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by basilo101: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tunami:
they are self employed. They cn close and open when dey want without being sacked.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Tunami(m): 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
basilo101:

they are self employed. They cn close and open when dey want without being sacked.
i dont aggree to that, few are self employed while many are unemployed
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Calculia: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
One Nigeria is the greatest deception known to the modern age. Must the deception continue when the will is no more. People in the south east have lost the will to continue with Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by babajero(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
They should have gone for Russian Embassy, and I swear you will see America come by them self because they like competition.
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Rose2014: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Candyrain:

Honey I sent u a mail
embarassed
Re: Biafra Protests: US, Nigeria Condemned For Remaining Silent - IBTimes by Candyrain(m): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rose2014:

Honey I sent u a mail embarassed
Oh really? Pls give me a moment let me check it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Nnamdi Said In Court. / Blasts!!!: See What This Lawyer Told Buhari About Nnamdi Kanu In An Open Letter / Graphic: Photos From A Terrible Accident That Occurred At Aba Road, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.