Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. (2476 Views)

APC EXPOSED AGAIN!!! Arewa Youths On Rampage Claiming Niger Delta (photos) / Biafra:nnamdi Kanu Case Suffers Another Setback After Binta Nyako Adjourns Case / APC Suffers Huge Loss As 2000 Members Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Godjone(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Bothered by what it described as flip-flops
common with the administration of President
Muhammadu Buhari, in the last six months, the
main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
has reminded the Buhari administration of its
(PDP) advice early in the life of the new cabinet to get focused. In a statement, on Tuesday, by the PDP
National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh,
the party said it also wished “to remind the
Buhari administration that in handling the
affairs of governance, it should endeavor to be
honest, truthful and open in its dealing with Nigerians.” The PDP said, this reminder became imperative,
having “watched with keen interest some
disturbing recent development, particularly, the
exchange of words between the National
Assembly and the President Muhammadu
Buhari-led Federal Executive over the controversies surrounding the handling of the
remittances in the Treasury Single Account
(TSA), as well as the conflicting statements
between the Presidency and INEC on the
revelation of secret meetings between the two
bodies on Kogi governorship election. “On the controversies trailing the operations of
the TSA, the conflicting statements emanating
from the federal executive, via the minister of
information and the CBN underscore the fear
being raised by the Senate that there may have
been underhand deals in the process. “Whereas the Senate has ordered its
committee on finance and public accounts to
investigate the remitting and handling of N2.5
trillion into the TSA, the federal executive,
through the minister of information, had earlier
informed the nation that the sum of N1.4 trillion has been remitted, while the Central
Bank of Nigeria (CBN) put its figure at below a
trillion and announced an estimated
collectable amount of N1.2 trillion. “The PDP finds this discordant tune and
Monday’s brazen attack by the minister of
information on whistle blowers as completely
unacceptable and contradictory of a
government that rode to power on the garb of
‘Mr. Clean’. “This is addition to the fact that the firm
handling the TSA remittances has been given
the leeway to rake millions of naira into
unknown purses from fees charged MDAs for
training of their personnel involved in the TSA. “The PDP challenges the present administration
to show transparency and be bold and honest
enough to come out clear on the remittances
and operation of the TSA instead of trying to
use the veneer of politics to hide the rot already
simmering under the APC administration.” The PDP further said: “Similarly, the PDP draws
the attention of Nigerians and the international
community to the inconsistency in the denials
by the presidency and INEC regarding the
revelation of their secret meetings to plot the
manipulation of Saturday’s Kogi state governorship election to ensure victory for the
All Progressives Congress (APC). “While INEC outrightly denied ever holding any
such meeting with the Presidency, the
President, through his media aide, Garba
Shehu, acknowledged holding the secret
meeting, but said it lasted only five minutes. “We ask, who do Nigerians believe; the
Presidency or INEC? The fact remains that the
contradictions betray the element of conspiracy
by this APC administration to rig the Kogi
governorship election. “We also wish to further expose the insincerity
of this government, which in its attempt to
forcefully take-over Kogi state, is now flooding
the state with corrupt money ostensibly to
sway the people and purchase their mandate.
This primitive attempt at vote-buying is not only an insult on the people of Kogi state but
also setback to efforts towards credible
elections in Nigeria. “This same government that prides itself of
being incorruptible had in addition to fielding
persons facing corruption charges in Kogi and
Bayelsa governorship elections had earlier in
Kebbi, fielded Governor Atiku Bagudu, who
falsely declared to INEC that he has never been convicted, imprisoned or fined for any wrong
doing, when in actual sense there are records
that he was indicted and is being wanted by
the US Justice Department, for which he is now
facing pre-election charges at the Federal High
Court, Abuja. “The PDP invites Nigerians to note all these
inconsistencies, double-speaks and flip-flops
as clear evidence of a government with a
dubious intention; even as it continues in the
attempts to make Nigerians believe that it is
transparent in its dealings. “We wish to state categorically that the PDP has
never made any claim or any statement that
has been contradicted by either the
government or the ruling party (beginning with
our revelation that the Director General of the
DSS is a member of the APC, to the latest revelation of the secret meeting between the
Presidency and INEC on plots to rig the Kogi
governorship election). “The PDP will continue to show responsibility
and caution in ensuring that only facts that
have been verified by the party are put out to
the public at all times. We will not indulge in
falsehood as we continue in our opposition
role of putting this administration on check in the general interest of the natio.
Source:
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/fgs-double-speak-on-tsa-kogi-meeting-evidence-of-corruption-pdp/

1 Like

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Yellowson(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
Your link no complete go complete am before it hits FP
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Godjone(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yellowson:
thank ugrin
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Mogidi: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
particularly, the
exchange of words between the National
Assembly and the President Muhammadu
Buhari-led Federal Executive over the controversies surrounding the handling of the
remittances in the Treasury Single Account
(TSA), as well as the conflicting statements
between the Presidency and INEC on the
revelation of secret meetings between the two
bodies on Kogi governorship election.

There's a reason GEJ delayed implementation of TSA, illiterate Bubu on the other hand rushed into allowing his surrogates enjoy #25Bil big ones at our expense.

The Kogi and Bayelas elections would prove to doubting Thomases Buhari's real intention, expect Bubu to hand over to Yusufu in 2019. Free and fair elections ended with GEJ's reign.

9 Likes

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by palladin: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Pay close attention to the guy above me. He is a wailer hence naturally unhappy.

Anyway 2019 is very far away. I advice wailers to get enough tissue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by muri4mig(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
U really need a brain as soon as it's obtainable. May be you don't know, the remittance order was made and it was carried out before the news about the deduction broke out. This clearly shows that d current FGN has an inbuilt mechanism to check corrupt public officers which lead to the quick discovery of this flaw in the contract that was signed by ur mentor.

6 Likes

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Godjone(m): 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
the federal govt should come out clean and tell nigerians the real truth behind remita.
Am becoming fed up with this govt

1 Like

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by BABAKABIRU301(f): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yellowson:
PA ENU E MO JO.
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Dannyset(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Am always very happy whenever I remember PDP is now the opposition grin. It always sweeten my heart when Metuh release his wailing speech cheesy.
Whether they like it or not, more cry await them.

Jonathan is a mistake-Dokpesi

Dokpesi is sick-Nurse Metuh cheesy
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Amiano(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Honestly i tink d FG should provide good explanation on d issues raised by PDP cos dis contradicting statements is nt gud for d image of d presidency, bt i must commend PDP for being a gud opposition. They hav kept dis administration on its toes.

1 Like

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by saint047(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
And to think our APC Neighbours once celebrated

how GMB has fixed our Refineries with body language

God will judge many things.
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by luvinhubby(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Had hoped for a robust, aggressive and transparent approach to governance from Buhari led APC federal government and i was willing to be willing partner with Buhari's regime in my own small way.
But in all sincerity, what i am seeing now is total opposite from the euphoric expectations i had on April 2 this year, especially with this whole REMMITAA and SystemSpecs of a thing which smells of fraud and rip-off to Nigerians. How can a single company pocket N25 billion or N60 billion of Nigeria's commonwealth in a day. Whether they share with CBN and other banks is out of it as no proof or claim has been made of that.

I sincerely pray that Nigerians are not into a torrid 4yrs, i sincerely pray so. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Godjone(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
luvinhubby:
Had hoped for a robust, aggressive and transparent approach to governance from Buhari led APC federal government and i was willing to be willing partner with Buhari's regime in my own small way.
But in all sincerity, what i am seeing now is total opposite from the euphoric expectations i had on April 2 this year, especially with this whole REMMITAA and SystemSpecs of a thing which smells of fraud and rip-off to Nigerians. How can a single company pocket N25 billion or N60 billion of Nigeria's commonwealth in a day. Whether they share with CBN and other banks is out of it as no proof or claim has been made of that.

I sincerely pray that Nigerians are not into a torrid 4yrs, i sincerely pray so. lipsrsealed
GEJ said it all that one day Nigerians will know His value.
Today is that day GEJ is talking about.

1 Like

Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by kenedy175(m): 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
Is there any way we can bring GEJ back to contest again in 2019?
Re: APC Suffers Another Set Back As They Are Been Exposed Again. by ril19(m): 12:09am On Nov 18, 2015
The Hunter Is Now Being HUNTED!!!

(1) (Reply)

Harold Wilson Confession On Pre Nigeria Fraud / Obasanjo Bombs Buhari, Says He's Bereft Of Ideas, Everything In The Country Is U / Throw Back Picture Of Atiku Abubakar As An Immigration Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.