Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare (852 Views)

Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare / Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by moshoodable: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
The Presiding Pastor of Latter Rain Assembly,
Lagos State, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Tuesday,
said that the legacies of Papa Obafemi Awolowo
are not for sale for politicians.
Bakare stated this during a short exhortation at a
'Service of Thanksgiving: Praise and Worship,'
held at the Ikenne home of the Awolowos in
honour of the matriarch of the Awolowo's
dynasty, Chief (Mrs) HID Awolowo.
The service was attended by the wife of the
vice-president, Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo; wife of the
governor of Ogun State, Mrs. Funso Amosun;
Pastor of Trinity Church, Lagos, Ituah Ighodalo;
Sir Olaniwun Ajayi, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Diocesan
Bishop of Remoland, The Right Reverend Olusina
Fape, among other dignitaries.
Bakare said he would have been a carpenter if
not for the free education policy of Chief
Awolowo when he was the Premier of the
Western region.
"If not for Awolowo's free education, I won't be
here tonight. I'm standing on the legacy of
Awolowo. This legacy is not for sale. That legacy
cannot be bought by men," Bakare said.
He urged the family to uphold the legacies of
both Papa and Mama for posterity sake.
Pastor Bakare, who spoke on the theme: 'The
making of a God's Jewels,' taking his text from
Malachi 3 vs 16-18, described Chief Awolowo as
a heroine of an uncommon faith, a paragon of
beauty and a woman of courage.
He noted that Mrs Awolowo had gone through
different challenges in life and lived to the ripe
age because of her steadfastness and
determination to overcome difficult times.
He added that she merited being called a 'jewel
of inestimable value' because she feared God
and served her Maker diligently till the very end.
The cleric, who stated that Mrs Awolowo "fought
a good fight and finished her course," urged the
family to continue to sustain her legacies.
Pastor Bakare said that her life ended well.
The first Bible reading at the service was read
by Ambassador Olatokunbo Awolowo Dosumu,
while the second was read by Funke Awolowo.
There were songs of ministrations by
different groups which included Evangelist Funmi
Aragbaiye, Trinity Church choir, Blossom and
Blessed and the Chigozie and the Zion Voices, to
the delight of the gathering.
Giving the vote of thanks, Reverend Omotola
Oyediran appreciated all the ministers of God for
upholding the families with prayers and promised
that the Awolowo's legacies would be sustained.
www.tribuneonlineng.com/i-would-have-been-a-carpenter-if-not-for-awo-says-pastor-tunde-bakare
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by Niyeal(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
R. I. P. Jewel of inestimable value
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by datola: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Awo, Awolowo! Eja nla lo lomi erin wo. Obafemi Awolowo lo!
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by Tunami(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
later one mofo will be comparing tinubu to awolowo. As far am consigned awo is the greatest leader the yoruba tribe ever had, the rest of them are just noise makers who want to enrich theirselves and family, they hav'nt done anything that the yorubas will benefit directly or indirectly.
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by Chubhie: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nothing wrong in being a carpenter---A distinguished one at that.
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by Ikengawo: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
....jesus was a carpenter...
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by tomakint: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
Chief Awo's legacies remained unmatched in the political history of Nigeria. If not for the rebellion of the rabble-rouser, Chief S.L Akintola, the rate at which the Western Region was advancing economically, only God knows where we (Southwest) would have been by now. Mama, continue rest well in the bossom of thy Lord and Saviour.
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by moshoodable: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
"If not for Awolowo's free education, I won't be here tonight. I'm standing on the legacy of Awolowo. This legacy is not for sale. That legacy cannot be bought by men,"
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by moshoodable: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
"If not for Awolowo's free education, I won't be here tonight. I'm standing on the legacy of Awolowo. This legacy is not for sale. That legacy cannot be bought by men."
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by teeboila(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
Jesus was a son of a carpenter see nothing wrong to be a carpenter. whatever will be will be if God wants him(Pastor Bakare) to be a pastor he'll surely be a pastor, makes me remember Apostle Ayo Babalola was a tractor driver before he got his calling and became a great vessel unto honour.
Re: I Would Have Been A Carpenter If Not For Awo- Pastor Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
I am thankful that these set of politicians,like. Tinubu, Amosun, Fashola,Adams, Aregbe,Jonathan,Obasanjo, Oshoba and co were boys while I was schooling; else I would have been nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Case Has Been Adjourned Till Dec 1 / Where Is DPR? Retropark On Peter Odili Is Selling At N180 / Pictured: John Fashanu's Ex-wife Wins 2 Awards At Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.