Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,800 members, 7,837,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigerians And Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians And Hypocrisy (263 Views)

Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity / Buhari And Hypocrisy:; Check Out This Newspaper Caption / Igbos And Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy by PopeExplicit(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2015
France suffered a sabotage which isn't a new thing to the Northern citizens of Nigeria and merely hours after, I started seeing some Nigerians(mostly south), changing their profile pictures to France's flag. Isn't that ludicrous, absurd and inhumane for a self-acclaimed-patriotic citizen of Nigeria who sees his kid brother battling with a deadly ailment, develops an unconcerned mien and comforts his far away friend who is suffering from same ailment?
How many of you included the Northern bombing and desolations in your morning devotion? Isn't that hypocrisy? The Holy Books detest hypocrisy, remember? Do you think that France will offer you a direct citizenship? Hell no!
For clarification purpose, I'm not against you showing concern for others but a saying goes thus: Charity begins at home.
If Facebook refuses to include Nigeria's flag as a profile picture, why not search Google for a picture of the flag, include your portrait in between and upload it as your profile picture, then we'll know you care for your brothers.
As a bonafide offspring of Yoruba lineage, I was taught to greet everyone according to the time of the day, the situation I find the person and what I see the person doing by adding the prefix 'E ku.' I'm sorry I don't know the translation, so, To those who have France's flag as their profile pictures, 'E ku hypocrisy ooo. '

(1) (Reply)

The Most Valuable Section Of Nairaland / Quick Money Through Betting / They Say Curiousity Killed The Cat But We Are Humans So I Really Want To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.