Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life (1135 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / How To Become Successful In Blogging | Bloggers Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by moderation2020: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2015
I know a lot of people don’t like reading so I compiled this list to make life easier. All you need to do is apply the laws or principles and you will get the same results the authors got in their own lives.

1.) Think and Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill):
this book has been read by many great men; Robin Sharma and Sam Adeyemi are practical examples. This might be the only book you need to create lasting wealth for you and your generation. This book that has sold over 15 million copies in different languages will teach you the following and more:

How to choose what you think about
How to think like a millionaire
How to turn ideas into money
How to achieve your dreams
How to develop your faith
How to become more organized
How to make better decisions
How to protect yourself from negative influences
How to build a winning team

2.) How to win friends and influence people (Dale Carnegie):
this is the best book I have read in my entire life. This book will change your perspective and your view of life completely. Warren Buffet acknowledges this book as really the only book that has made him so successful. This book has been in print for over 70 years, amazing!!! This book will teach you the following:

How to win every time
How to get people to like you
How to make people willingly do what you want
How to influence people to your own way of thinking
How to make a good first impression
How to become a better conversationalist
How to gain more influence
How to make people smile and avoid trouble
How to become happier and more successful in life

3.) 21 irrefutable laws of leadership (John Maxwell):
this is one amazing book. It was first published in 2008 and has sold over 22 million copies already since then. It is by far the best leadership book ever written. The principles taught in this book have worked for organizations, churches, institutions, nations and even presidents among many others. Follow these laws and people will follow you. Among all the things that this book teaches, a few are:
You cannot successfully lead a person who has better leadership qualities than you
Leadership can be taught and learnt
Influence is leadership
People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care

How to effectively connect with people rather than just communicate
How to earn respect
How to form a good team
How to understand timing and use it advantageously
The greater your leadership, the greater your success in life

4.) 21 Great Ways to Manage Your Time and Double Your Productivity (Brian Tracy):
I love this book because it talks about how to set and achieve goals. Brian Tracy teaches the principles he used to become successful; he started off without a high school diploma and worked his way up to becoming the Chief Operating Officer of a $265 million company. You will learn:

How to make decisions and stick to them
How to focus and concentrate on your most valuable tasks
How to become disciplined
How to set goals in every aspect of your life
How to organize your work and set clear priorities on everything you do
How to overcome procrastination
How to increase your productivity and performance by upgrading your key skills, by making better decisions and by developing a sense of urgency

I recommend that you read these books. I am confident that they will transform your life if you truly decide to master and apply the principles recommended in these books. The books written by John Maxwell and Brian Tracy have audio versions now in case you prefer to listen than read. Remember that whether you are going to be rich or poor, great or irrelevant is a function of the choices you make.
call me fod the audio and pdf versions of the file
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2015
Any soft copy to share with me apart from think and grow rich?
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by moderation2020: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2015
Royal155:
Any soft copy to share with me apart from think and grow rich?

“I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb” -Thomas Edison
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by zik4ever: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2015
OP, this is a great selection and I have read 3 of them including several other books by the authors. However, whatever you do, please get a copy of the book of books -the Bible. Get acquainted with the author and your life will never be the same. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by speedyGonzales: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2015
Bullsh*t, how successful are you?

Talk to me when you are Bill Gates or Dangote
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by moderation2020: 11:05am On Nov 18, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Bullsh*t, how successful are you?

Talk to me when you are Bill Gates or Dangote
are u sure u are normal?
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2015
This is one thing I've learnt about motivational books.

When you read, do it because you want to learn and understand the basic principles laid out in the book.

Do not read because you want to become the next Bill Gate. Just read for knowledge sake and thereafter apply the knowledge wherever possible - in your work, business, etc. That's what they call Wisdom; it is the application of knowledge learnt.

This thread would gain significant attention with a title like: "4 books that will transform your life, business"

Often times, people tell us to read certain books in order to become successful. That act sends faulty signals, as there is no iota of wisdom in reading to become successful like Bill Gate. Reading only generates success/money for journalists.
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
moderation2020:

“I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb” -Thomas Edison
I mean do you have any ebook on the above mentioned books? If you do, pls do well to share with me @benedictonyeka00@gmail.com
Re: 4 Books You Need To Become Successful In Life by demolaprof(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Having read three out of the books selected by d OP. I make bold to say OP made a beautiful selection.

(1) (Reply)

Are U Enjoying This Present Administration / Nigeria Boosts 2016 Budget By A Fifth Even As Oil Revenue Slumps / Should EFCC Arrest Jonathan And Iweala?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.