Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,548 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Nysc Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nysc Why? (581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Why? by Davindal(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dear! Well meaning Nigerians. It is usually a thing of honor, when a person is called upon to serve his nation. Moreover it is expected, when such call is made; that every necessary logistics are already in place to ensure a near conducive environment for the parties involved. But in Nigeria, it is quit pathetic that things are done wrongly. Wrong issues are always given priorities over benefiting issues.

The pictures below explains in details what I mean. But let me add a little explanation.

I'm Austin Davindal by name. I'm a Batch B corp member posted to Zamfara State. I'm from Rivers State.
Before now, I had the means to influence my posting concessionally, but I chose to keep calm and already made up my mind that I'm gonna let go any form of concessional posting. Although, I chose Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Abuja, while filling my online form.

Despite my choice 3 states; I was later posted to Zamfara State. While on camp before we passed out 2 days ago(16th), I had contacts that could have influenced my relocation, but I opted to stay put and explore another part of Nigeria(Zamfara State) that I have never been to before.

Posting letters were out on 16th, and I was posted to a place called Anka LGA. 2hrs drive from the state capital. My PPA is Government Day Secondary School Anka(GDSS). All corps members' PPAs in that place are 98% secondary schools. To make mater worst, they don't have lodge for us, and they have no rentable houses, for the place lacks touch with modernity. There are electric poles and cables, but currently there has not been power supply - for 4 months - as they told us - to the local govt, due to the rift btw the chairman the LGA and the PHCN authority.

But there is little good news; we have telecome providers like MTN, Glo, Etisalite, but no 3G or 4G network, hence slow surfing.

Explanation of the picture below:
Upon getting to our PPA yesterday, we registered with them. When we asked the principal about the accommodation, he said they had secured 2 rooms accommodations for us. Later he called a guy to take us to the facility. When we got to one part of the local road; he stopped and pointed at a the shop building you can see on the pictures below. We were shocked, because most of us have never been so humiliated in life before. The house is so dilapidated, it is a kinda roadside plaza, the location is totally out of security, no touch of electric wire connections, no toilet and bathroom...gosh!!! We were pissed-off, such that we bandied words with the NYSC Local Govt Inspector.

As I'm typing this. We have not got a place. We put up the night in a class room with no windows and doors, under intense cold. Although, we concluded our registrations in the PPAs yesterday, would be traveling to our respective homes today.

Please, we are calling on anybody, group, NGOs etc, with the power to change things, to come to our rescue. We are the youths. Our lives should not be placed in any form of danger. I know there are many corp members who are in more deplorable conditions. There must be change. Enough is enough! Things can't continue this way. How on could they be so wicked, that they don't care about welfare of corps members? No wonder, youths don't always give their best.

Lastly, if you are reading this piece; and you have the means of channeling our legitimate grievances to the govt or authority incharge; do so and help all the corp members that are currently experiencing this mess.
Re: Nysc Why? by nosiebaba(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
I'm not seeing any pictures though. But u have to show u are a man that can handle anything life throws at you. The best things might be in disguise at times or u could still try to redeploy since u have d means
Re: Nysc Why? by speedyGonzales: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
STOP THE RUBBISH NYSC! NIGERIA IS CRUEL TO IT'S CITIZENS, BUT WE GIVE-UP A WHOLE ONE YEAR FOR IT, BULLSHIT!
Re: Nysc Why? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
This is just too bad. NYSC should do something about this.
Re: Nysc Why? by Anonymous42(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Davindal:
Dear! Well meaning Nigerians. It is usually a thing of honor, when a person is called upon to serve his nation. Moreover it is expected, when such call is made; that every necessary logistics are already in place to ensure a near conducive environment for the parties involved. But in Nigeria, it is quit pathetic that things are done wrongly. Wrong issues are always given priorities over benefiting issues.

The pictures below explains in details what I mean. But let me add a little explanation.

I'm Austin Davindal by name. I'm a Batch B corp member posted to Zamfara State. I'm from Rivers State.
Before now, I had the means to influence my posting concessionally, but I chose to keep calm and already made up my mind that I'm gonna let go any form of concessional posting. Although, I chose Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Abuja, while filling my online form.

Despite my choice 3 states; I was later posted to Zamfara State. While on camp before we passed out 2 days ago(16th), I had contacts that could have influenced my relocation, but I opted to stay put and explore another part of Nigeria(Zamfara State) that I have never been to before.

Posting letters were out on 16th, and I was posted to a place called Anka LGA. 2hrs drive from the state capital. My PPA is Government Day Secondary School Anka(GDSS). All corps members' PPAs in that place are 98% secondary schools. To make mater worst, they don't have lodge for us, and they have no rentable houses, for the place lacks touch with modernity. There are electric poles and cables, but currently there has not been power supply - for 4 months - as they told us - to the local govt, due to the rift btw the chairman the LGA and the PHCN authority.

But there is little good news; we have telecome providers like MTN, Glo, Etisalite, but no 3G or 4G network, hence slow surfing.

Upon getting to our PPA yesterday, we registered with them. When we asked the principal about the accommodation, he said they had secured 2 rooms accommodations for us. Later he called a guy to take us to the facility. When we got to one part of the local road; he stopped and pointed at a the shop building you can see on the pictures below. We were shocked, because most of us have never been so humiliated in life before. The house is so dilapidated, it is a kinda roadside plaza, the location is totally out of security, no touch of electric wire connections, no toilet and bathroom...gosh!!! We were pissed-off, such that we bandied words with the NYSC Local Govt Inspector.

As I'm typing this. We have not got a place. We put up the night in a class room with no windows and doors, under intense cold. Although, we concluded our registrations in the PPAs yesterday, would be traveling to our respective homes today.

Please, we are calling on anybody, group, NGOs etc, with the power to change things, to come to our rescue. We are the youths. Our lives should not be placed in any form of danger. I know there are many corp members who are in more deplorable conditions. There must be change. Enough is enough! Things can't continue this way. How on could they be so wicked, that they don't care about welfare of corps members? No wonder, youths don't always give their best.

Lastly, if you are reading this piece; and you have the means of channeling our legitimate grievances to the govt or authority incharge; do so and help all the corp members that are currently experiencing this mess.
I af catch u again grin
Davindal:

I af catch u again

(1) (Reply)

Abubakar Audu, Apc's Governorship Candidate In Kogi Election Is Dead? / Ogun Government Closes Schools, Markets For HID Awolowo’s Burial / If Only Corrupt Nigerian.politicians Would Slump N Die Like Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.