Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,887 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

Prayer And Its Benefits To Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer And Its Benefits To Man (708 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Man Wearing A Hat During Church Service (Photo) / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / The Miraculous! Video Of The Power Of Prayer And In The Name Of Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayer And Its Benefits To Man by Scholes007(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
So many scientist/atheists/agnostics believe that prayer is a form of "alternative medicine". Most people especially the atheists believe that prayer is just a waste of time, that no one is listening.
In contrast, the bible presents prayer as much more than just a form of therapy. It tells us that someone really is listening to prayer that are made in the right way and for the right things. Like friends communicate with each other to cultivate a good relationship, God invites up to talk to him in prayer, opening the way for warm friendship. He says: " You will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."(Jeremiah 29:12). As you speak to God, you will "draw close to [him], and he will draw close to you" -James 4 : 8
What does prayer involve?
The bible shows that prayer can embrace every facet of our life. Prayer may include:
i. confession {psalm 32:5}
ii. Thanks {psalm 92:1}
iii. Praise {psalm 34:1}
iv. Request for Guidance {psalm 119:35}
v. Request for strenght {psalm 86:16}
vi. Request for encouragement and protection {psalm 23}
Benefits of Prayer
i. Peace of mind -philippians 4:6,7
ii. Comfort from God -2 Corinthians 1:3,4
iii. Guidance to make wise decisions - James 1:5
iv. Help to avoid temptation - Luke 22:40
v. Forgiveness of sins - 2 Chronicles 7:14
vi. A way to help others - James 5:16
vii. Encouragement when prayers are answered - 1 Kings 9:3
remember
" God is near to all those calling on him"- Psalm 145:18
Re: Prayer And Its Benefits To Man by Friedthunder(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
Okokobioko shocked
Re: Prayer And Its Benefits To Man by plappville(f): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nice one. Very inspiring. Prayer is our daily food. Whatever our problems, God has given us a method to reach him. This method is prayer nothing Else. Prayer is the solution, its a dialogue for Christians and thier God. We have to pray. Like the OP stated, there are much benefits in Prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Pics: Hilarious Christmas Question / Open Heaven Devotional (mon. 11/01/2016) / Need Advice On Breaking A Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.