Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,868 members, 7,841,259 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator (795 Views)

Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood / Plateau State Government Bans Shiites / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator by oatzeal(m): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-QhFsUBpVqcU/Vkxr7CjCGyI/AAAAAAAAPe4/bH223qzR7dg/s1600/1%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

The Federal Government has banned the importation of small generators popularly called 'I pass my neighbour,' used by low-income Nigerians.

Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Madugu Sanni Jubrin, disclosed this in Lagos while speaking with newsmen...

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them.

“If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition.

“It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it.

“We will not relent in our efforts. When we see any prohibited item, we will seize, arrest the people and we will allow the law court to take decision on prosecuting them. So it is better for them to stop smuggling than to continue when they know Customs will catch up with them,” he said.

source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/11/huh-government-bans-importation-of-i.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator by oatzeal(m): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator by tobtap: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
cool cool cool
Re: Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
This is a welcome development. Those kind of generators are good for nothing.

1. Has a small capacity of 600 watts max - can't carry anything "heavy"
2. Too costly to maintain as it requires servicing every week and the parts are too fragile
3. Doesn't last long - after series of servicing and maintenance, the gen tears and wears to pieces and you have to resort to buying a new one after a few months -- unless you can keep up with the smoke and inceasant breaking down that accompanies the "old age".
4. Wastage of fuel and oil. A "big" gen (1000watts and above) requires changing of oil after 2 to 3 months but this crap of i pass my neigboir requires you to mix each liter of fuel with 20 naira oil; now calculate 20 naira by 60 liters (assuming you burn 2 liters every day for every month)
Re: Huh.! Government Bans The Importation Of 'i-better-pass-my-neighbour' Generator by 4reala(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
Abeg Mak dem hold on first o, until we begin enjoy atleast 16hrs of lightin a day, then they can carry go

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Prince Audu Is Dead / Tribute To Gen. Azazi. / Dasuki Paid N400m To Olisa Metuh As Efcc Set To Probe PDP spokesman For 1.4bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.