Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,339 members, 7,867,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children (666 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by moneygurl: 11:36pm On May 20, 2009
KANO — Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State  has threatened to resign his mandate if that will save the future of his children that have come under severe criticism in the media recently.

Gov. Lamido who addressed newsmen at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport on his returnfrom Abuja, explained that people were free to cast aspersion on his administration but would certainly not tolerate any attack on his family.

“My worry this morning is not about my political status, but when they spill over into my private life and where my children became the object of ridicule, that I will not accept. I care for their life and their future, I won’t mess them up, I will rather step down to protect their reputation,” Lamido said.

He was reacting to an article in local media published in Kano which he said did not only cast aspersions on his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha, but went ahead to risk their future.

The visibly angered Lamido flanked by Aminu and Mustapha described the publication as painful, pointing out that it has subjected his family to tremendous agony and embarrassment.

The former Foreign Affairs minister stressed that his family deserves to be shielded from insinuations and other inferences because of their private right to lead a normal and decent life anywhere.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36313&Itemid=47

So will he resign?  grin

I will like to know what was said about his sons.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by OBVIOUS(m): 11:47pm On May 20, 2009
who cares ?

If he resigns another slowpoke will steal the money.

Children of all thieveing politicans should be ridiculed.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by ikeyman00(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2009
@@@ resign, for where, just de talk nonesense

infact where shaira de self
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by ikeyman00(m): 11:53pm On May 20, 2009
jinx

ur eyes no de open since i hear say u go marry for naija

if u yan me before i go give u one fine igbo man

see ur useless governor, de talk oh i go resign ooo, make they hold me oo,

who de hold u self, thief, son theif

ordinary theif, shaira go pursue am for street
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On May 20, 2009
wey the publication make we Youtube/My Face\Twitter am all over the world o jare!!!
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by tpiah: 11:57pm On May 20, 2009
some Nigerians act like they were raised in the jungle or under a flyover (likely enough to be true). Is this governor just finding out?

My worry this morning is not about my political status, but when they spill over into my private life and where my children became the object of ridicule, that I will not accept. I care for their life and their future, I won’t mess them up, I will rather step down to protect their reputation,” Lamido said.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by bawomolo(m): 11:58pm On May 20, 2009
ikeyman - U used to be a decent poster, now you are just irritating.

yes o, where is the damn publication.

A Naija politician resign without gra gra? na lie
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by ikeyman00(m): 12:05am On May 21, 2009
bawo

make i no laugh, make credit crunch finis me yea

anyway i m still on ur side

progress we go
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by moneygurl: 5:24am On May 21, 2009
His children were called thieves

Leave My Family out of Politics, Says Lamido

Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido, yesterday urged politicians to leave his family out of political attacks and innuendo, saying he was ready to resign from office, to protect his family.

He said as a governor and politician, he understood that he was open to merciless political attacks and innuendoes, but such should by no means be extended to his children and other members of his family who are not politicians.

Lamido, who spoke to reporters at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, said a recent publication in a national daily maligned his family by insinuating that his children were thieves.

Flanked by two of his sons who were refered to as thieves in the article, Lamido said he had discussed the case with the affected children and had concluded to sue the writer and the medium, in a Sharia Court in Kano.

He explained that if the newspaper is able to prove the allegations, “the children would have their wrists amputated for stealing according to Sharia injunctions.

“I have a family of 11 that is contented, happy and well brought up. In politics, it is fair game to attack political opponents, but it must not deteriorate to eroding family life. Apart from being a governor and public officer, I am also an ordinary Nigerian with rights. I have a family which I must protect and take care of. I would, therefore, not stand by and allow my family’s honour and reputation to be brought to disrepute,” he said, adding that “the allegations have caused my children a lot of pain and trauma.

Lamido said, “if we don’t take any action against the publication, their lives would be reduced to lives of harassment and blackmail, because their father happens to be a governor. And as a father, I must do everything to protect them, even if it requires resigning as governor.”

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=143918
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by Jakumo(m): 6:12am On May 21, 2009
That looting Governor and his family ought to prove their patriotism by committing suicide to protest the verbal abuse they are so angry about. I would suggest that they all sit inside one of the governors many stolen vehicles, connect a garden hose from the tail-pipe that will covey poisonous carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment, and then start the engine for that oh so peaceful drive to heaven.

Praise the Lord and good riddance.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by GoldCircle: 7:53am On May 21, 2009
all this one na for mouth! Make him resign make we see now! e easy??

Abeg more criticisms and aspersions on the family jare! Let's see the worst he can do! Na dem all join spoil Nigeria!
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by ubandire(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2009
PLEASE YOU PEOPLE SHOULD PLEASE LEAVE THE PRINCE OF THE TALAKAWAS ALONE,TO ME HE HAS BEEN THE BEST PERFORMING GOVERNOR SO FAR,HIS FAMILY SHOULD PLEASE BE LEFT OUT OF THIS.LET US START ENGAGING IN CONSTRUCTIVE OPPOSITION PLEASE.TALK ABOUT LAMIDO'S NON-PERFORMANCE AND WE WILL UNDERSTAND.PLEASE LET US BE FAIR TO ALL CONCERNED.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by Eziachi: 4:47pm On May 21, 2009
Resign ke?

It's just another Shakara. Resigning is not in Nigeria political dictionary and it a criminal offence in Nigeria for anybody to resign even if they are caught sleeping with their own sister.
If that governor resigns, I will give him my only child and daughter for free to add to his already legion of wives and concubines.

Resigning my a**!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us a break please!!!!!
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by JJYOU: 5:01pm On May 21, 2009
foolish man
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by hoeyeadoe: 5:06pm On May 21, 2009
Pealeaze, let him take the lead. That way we look 4ward to other incompetent politicians jettisoning their unelected positions.

OK, truth is I dont know this guy but he seems a visionary, trading off his immediate political career to protect a possible bright future for his Children, show them d way,

Now! that's smthg.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 21, 2009
@topic

Story.
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by mustafar1: 5:55pm On May 21, 2009
'if they dont stop taunting my family, i would resign, !' NA SHAKARA!
Re: Lamido Threatens To Resign Over Criticism On His Children by bawomolo(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2009
Why is he suing in a sharia court?

The editor and writer of the article better run before koboko fire their yansh

(1) (Reply)

Can Fashola Be The Nigerian Obama? / Osun Tribunal Judge Promises To Attend June 12 Rally / Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.