Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,295 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Is There Really A God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really A God? (2392 Views)

Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) / Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being? / Is There Really Life After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really A God? by Gayjesus: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
I know some people may throw out their toys on this issue but I am firmly in the " there is no God " camp

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by Cutehector(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes there is. The Almighty supreme.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
I belong to "there is a God camp". atheist may think am delusional
Re: Is There Really A God? by rosalieene(f): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
And someone said to me yesterday ' Babe there is no hell or heaven when your sole dies you get re-born as a different annimal its the balance of nature'. kai....... I pity you people doubting the omnipresence of God. THERE IS A GOD.
Re: Is There Really A God? by fromnigeria(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ask rather if you have a source. Cos he is my source, how about you.
Re: Is There Really A God? by greatnaija01: 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
Gayjesus:
I know some people may throw out their toys on this issue but I am firmly in the " there is no God " camp

IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE 400 GLAXIES AND THE EXISTENCE OF ALL THINGS WITH A FAIL PROOF SYSTEM, THEN I WILL BELIEVE.... ITS LIKE A JAMAICAN SAYING NAIRALAND DOES NOT EXIST..... lols abeg let me o and boil beans o
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Stroll in, grabs mic.

Sir, There is no such thing as God or imaginary friend, my signature should further explain more.

My Proof---- If God took a break for one day and the Devil rules that day, will you still be safe?
Re: Is There Really A God? by keenn: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
greatnaija01:

IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE 400 GLAXIES AND THE EXISTENCE OF ALL THINGS WITH A FAIL PROOF SYSTEM, THEN I WILL BELIEVE.... ITS LIKE A JAMAICAN SAYING NAIRALAND DOES NOT EXIST..... lols abeg let me o and boil beans o

The galaxies are actually more than that, they run into millions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
I wish there Is a god who

..sees all the evils poverty, disasters wickedness beforehand and stops it from happening.

..doesn't keep us in the dark about his origin and identity..

..doesn't allow us to be gambling into believing and worshipping different god concepts.

... doesn't burn us in hell for using the freewill he gave us and not acting like some programmed robots..

.....but whether their is god or not, I DON'T KNOW. BUT KET NO ONE CLAIM THEIR IS WITHOU CONCRETE PROVE.. COS LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS IS 21ST CENTURY.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God? by winner01(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
Thats not a question, a better question will be; What is existence all about?

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
aaronson:
Stroll in, grabs mic.

Sir, There is no such thing as God or imaginary friend, my signature should further explain more.

My Proof---- If God took a break for one day and the Devil rules that day, will you still be safe?

The shallowness of this post actually began with the first letter of the first word

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by Gayjesus: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
I thought as much. After few hours of putting up the post, no one has evidence. I'm not interested in what you are feel about the word " God". All I need is a simple evidence.

Camp" no god" rocks!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
krattoss:
I wish there Is a god who

..sees all the evils poverty, disasters wickedness beforehand and stops it from happening.

..doesn't keep us in the dark about his origin and identity..

..doesn't allow us to be gambling into believing and worshipping different god concepts.

... doesn't burn us in hell for using the freewill he gave us and not acting like some programmed robots..

.....but whether their is god or not, I DON'T KNOW. BUT KET NO ONE CLAIM THEIR IS WITHOU CONCRETE PROVE.. COS LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS IS 21ST CENTURY.
A God of love wants the whole world to operate in love, BUT
could you force someone to love you? An involuntary act can have no moral value. It's slavery. Where would the virtue be in any action if it were impossible not to be virtuous?All of life would become meaningless.

Fairness and mercy ,which do you prefer?can you or anyone boast of never have committed evil before? All suffering can be traced back to human
wrong doing, not necessarily the action of anyone presently alive, but to someone's deliberate disregard of God and his ways. There is even a human link to natural disasters. And why didn't God strike that person dead before others could be hurt? Because to be fair he should do the same to you and me. Only a maniac or an ego- maniac would dare demand justice from God.

The apostle Paul, one of the most qualified persons ever to broach this subject, discovered that no tragedy could 'separate us from the love of God ' (Romans 8:35-39). For nearly 2,000 years, this hard-won insight has been put to the test by the torment of thousands of Christian martyrs who have agonized in triumph, rejoicing in the goodness of God. This saints will not give their life for the truth if they are not eyewitness.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Gayjesus:
I thought as much. After few hours of putting up the post, no one has evidence. I'm not interested in what you are feel about the word " God". All I need is a simple evidence.

Camp" no god" rocks!!! smiley
what kind of evidence do you want? If I told you ,I've had a personal encounter with God, will you believe me ? You will only mock and insult me.

You are the one who need to proved to us, God does not exist because as a believer, I have nothing to lose, you on the other hand, you put yourself at risk.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The shallowness of this post actually began with the first letter of the first word
The phrase on your signature goes a long way to even disprove an imaginary friend, Now when you a god like your signature puts it and you still believe in another supreme being, then logically I wonder who is really shallow between you and me.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Gayjesus: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=40168395]what kind of evidence do you want? If I told you ,I've had a personal encounter with God, will you believe me ? You will only mock and insult me.

You are the one who need to proved to us, God does not exist because as a believer, I have nothing to lose, you on the other hand, you put yourself at risk.[/quote

I wouldn't mock you if you gave a clear evidence, not what you think but facts which are obvious
Re: Is There Really A God? by Gayjesus: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
what kind of evidence do you want? If I told you ,I've had a personal encounter with God, will you believe me ? You will only mock and insult me.

You are the one who need to proved to us, God does not exist because as a believer, I have nothing to lose, you on the other hand, you put yourself at risk.

I wouldn't mock you if you gave a clear evidence, not what you think but facts which are obvious
Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
Gayjesus (may God forgive you) I have narrate
My encounter with God and many atheists mock and insult me, going by your nairaland username, you are no different from those who have mock and scoff me.

Atheists are like a blind people trying to
convince themself that because
They has never seen, everyone
else claiming to see must be
mistaken
Re: Is There Really A God? by Humblebloke(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
I really wish there was a god...not the experimentist in the quran and bible.....who knows but doesn't really know how its all gonna end

A god that will help put our universe in perfect order..... A real omniscience god able and willing to do things for the good of humanity...

OP... I'm allowed to make a wish...rightundecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God? by experimentist: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
Humblebloke:
I really wish there was a god...not the experimentist in the quran and bible.....who knows but doesn't really know how its all gonna end

A god that will help put our universe in perfect order..... A real omniscience god able and willing to do things for the good of humanity...

OP... I'm allowed to make a wish...rightundecided
don't be calling God's name anyhow bwoy.. Jah Jah never fail I yet..
Re: Is There Really A God? by Gayjesus: 1:01am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
Gayjesus (may God forgive you) I have narrate
My encounter with God and many atheists mock and insult me, going by your nairaland username, you are no different from those who have mock and scoff me.

Atheists are like a blind people trying to
convince themself that because
They has never seen, everyone
else claiming to see must be
mistaken

No evidence still. Trust me if truly there were a god,I would be struck dead immediately I created this thread.
Re: Is There Really A God? by malvisguy212: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2015
Gayjesus:

No evidence still. Trust me if truly there were a god,I would be struck dead immediately I created this thread.
fool!!! If God should struck everyone that have break His law, do you think you and I will be here discussing? It is by His grace we are all here, grace is a gift from God (unmarited favour) everyone is entitled to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really A God? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2015
You don't believe in God, dats ur pro. Don't go around making a fuss about it, if u want to prove smart, go and join the Marxism movement
Re: Is There Really A God? by Kay17: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2015
Is God the immediate cause of the Universe? And can that be proven?

If sin is a character flaw which was unintended, can it be said to be a conscious exercise of free will?
Re: Is There Really A God? by plaetton: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2015
greatnaija01:

Lol.

A Jamaican can simply Google Nigeria, or even purchase a plane ticket to Nigeria.

Same cannot be said of invisible skydaddy, who just conveniently happens to exist in spiritual plane outside our universe.

Anyway, I believe in the TOOTHFAIRY.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2015
If you really want to know, kill yourself cool
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

A Jamaican can simply Google Nigeria, or even purchase a plane ticket to Nigeria.

Same cannot be said of invisible skydaddy, who just conveniently happens to exist in spiritual plane outside our universe.

Anyway, I believe in the TOOTHFAIRY.

There's God ooo. Because there's no way we all appeared here by mistake.

Just that for reasons best known to God, He's unknowable. Thats why i thibk God is not a physical entity. He's the spirit force called life. He dwells inside all of us.
Re: Is There Really A God? by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 19, 2015
Gayjesus:

Who kept you alive?
Re: Is There Really A God? by plaetton: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2015
chuna1985:

Just that for reasons best known to God, He's unknowable. Thats why i thibk God is not a physical entity. He's the spirit force called life. He dwells inside all of us.

Lol.

God is unknowable, but you just happen to KNOW that he exists.

Clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2015
aaronson:
Stroll in, grabs mic.

This so called proof is so laughable... Read it again bro..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2015
Gayjesus:

To me an agnostic atheist, i treat the "God postulation" like just another unproven hypothesis out there.

First when people say God there is need to understand what they mean by it..

If by God they mean a kind of theistic God concept or deistic, Humanoid, mansion living deity that loves to be worshipped everyday, vomits or spoke everything into existence in a whim.

Is allegedly the creator of the whole universe but loves burnt animal sacrifices or looks for people that masturbates.

then i don't believe such an anthropomorphical entity, it is as implausible as it is childish.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really A God? by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2015
chuna1985:

Last i checked nobody ever asserted anybody got here by mistake, natural interactions are no mistake but a reacting action of interacting values..

Just that for reasons best known to God, He's unknowable.

This is a contradiction... If God is unknowable, there is no way you can ever know there is any... So same thing you asserted is unknowable is the same thing you assert to know... Quite funny..

Thats why i thibk God is not a physical entity. He's the spirit force called life. He dwells inside all of us.

Life as we know it is as a result biological metabolisms in us as biological organisms. . . So i take it you mean LIFE which is a result of biological metabolism is God?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? / Demonic Attacks & Why You Should Build A Faraday Cage / You Become An Atheist Due To Limited Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.