Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. (540 Views)

El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics / A.B.U Zaria 2017/2018 Post-UTME Screening Guidelines And Examination Dates / 16-Year-Old Zambian Student Breastfeed Her Baby During Examination In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. by Kinglexy10(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hi guys... Surprised at what egged me on to become a writer? Ask me why?.. No... Please don't *smiles*.. well a lot has happened over the weeks that has set my best friends i.e my ten fingers dancing to write this up. Don't judge by the way it might have been written..
I don't always do this but I've got to put this down

Why the postponement? Why the postponement of tests and exams every semester? Why the unnecessary delay that has kept us grounded in our current level since? Who is to blame? The school management for not going on strike early enough to get the attention of the government or the failure of the governments handling the school?

A journey in excellence, integrity and service once started for each and every Ladokites with the hope of finishing on a high after 5years. 5years will now turn to 7 to 8 years on the basis of postponing tests and exams for reasons not yet clear to us.

Imagine a matric number starting with an academic year of 2014 and not ending the exam for that session until 2016. Why? Students now add at least two weeks to every given test/exam time table. Why?

I remembered the time I stepped into LAUTECH as a PDite.. I was over the moon not minding the warm if not hot breeze that welcomed me in. Punching the air that am now a Uni student and in 6years, am out of the wall of LAUTECH when a stalite told me to add at least two years. Why?

We heard and was told that the second semester of 100L is not to be joked with. I've increased my reading hours by God's grace which is really a big feat to me. Waking up on the 9th of Nov. ready for the day, got to my centre only for unthinkable that could ever happened to my thought that the test isn't holding again. Asked series of questions from some of my mate.. Are you sure it has been postponed? and my answers.. 'em, yes! No, I don't think so, not really sure... Why?

Studying since then has drastically reduced, that driving force has been put on a neutral, that urge is fading like a smoke in the air. The government has a larger share of blame for not paying the workers salary but must we act on Murphy's law which states if anything can possibly go wrong, it will go wrong.. This would be a disaster if we are to act on it.
Going into the festive period, we can't read nor study at maximum without deceiving ourselves.

A sucide bombing case happened at France recently that claimed lives. We all change our pics on Facebook to say Pray for Paris.. When last did you pray for your motherland, when last did you pray for LAUTECH.. It is time to go on our kneels and pray for the school for the betterment of all.
The nitty-gritty of all is that the truth never damage a cause that is just.

cry cry

Ogundiran Oluwaseun P.

http://www.lautecheye.com/forum/view.php?id=79
Re: The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. by nuelzy: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
kpele....

every school has dia own problem...

#i dnt knw why for some reasons i like open university.. dnt quote me...if u dnt knw what flexible means
Re: The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. by sammyscholar(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ok.
Re: The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. by heykims(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Guy, sincerely u guys in Ogbomoso still dey enjoy o as over d years despite d frequent strike actions u encounter in school, I still haven't seen any set that used more than 5 years in school maybe except for d 09 set that finished in January making it like a month into d 6th. The school can always compress the calendar to compensate for d lag like they always do.

It is d clinical students esp medicine and MLS students that actually are much affected with this. They actually spend many more years in school than ever anticipated.
U go almost faint if I tell u how many years I spent for a 6 year course without any repeat.
400level in medicine is about 18 months long, my set spent 33!! That's almost 3years Though na Akala ownership crisis cause that one nd u guys neva felt any effect of d crisis in Ogbomoso...
If the school strike for a month, it can cause d medical students 2months as they may repeat d entire posting. Calendar isn't compressible.
Me I don escape o, now a doc..
Still proud of lautech though for the quality...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mind Of A Student Over The Postponement Of Test And Examination In Lautech. by tobiboss(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Very depressing

(1) (Reply)

70.67% Fail English, Maths In Nov/dec WASSCE / SV University Supply Exam Results 2016 Of B.a/b.com/b.sc(hsc) II Year / How To Read The Chinese Traditional Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.