Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

What Is Good Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Good Hair? (3121 Views)

Good Hair Cream For My Toddler / Good Hair Care Products For Blacks? / Really Good Hair Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Good Hair? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:51am On May 25, 2009
lol does this one have a black preacher with jerry curled hair?
Re: What Is Good Hair? by Nobody: 2:55am On May 25, 2009
lol white south african complete with the accent.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by bawomolo(m): 3:19am On May 25, 2009
I think the main issue should be how the hair is kept and what makes the woman comfortable.

AA's tend to judge each other unnecessarily.  Caribbean folks are phony with that motherland BS.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by nguage(m): 3:53am On May 25, 2009
bawomolo:

I think the main issue should be how the hair is kept and what makes the woman comfortable.

AA's tend to judge each other unnecessarily.  Caribbean folks are phony with that motherland BS.

Why do you feel to judge who's being phony and who's not? How do you know who's phony or not?
Re: What Is Good Hair? by chiogo(f): 4:24am On May 25, 2009
lol ^^ abeg, you can know phony people sometimes. People always claim not to be judgmental but the truth is, everyone is judgmental.

people only complain when you judge them in a bad way. If it was a good judgment, they wouldn't consider you judging them rather giving a compliment.

@topic, bad hair has nothing to do with race, it has to do with the way one keeps one's hair. All these people yelling "I love straight hair" should know that blacks aren't the only ones without straight hair, some white and Latino girls have naturally curly hair and for it to be straight, they are vigorously straightened with hot iron.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by nguage(m): 4:29am On May 25, 2009
chiogo:

lol ^^ abeg, you can know phony people sometimes. People always claim not to be judgmental but the truth is, everyone is judgmental.

Seriously? You know everyone and you know everyone's judgmental, can I have the power that helps you know how people think? I tell you as someone that has been around many of these people that majority of them are not phony.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by chiogo(f): 4:39am On May 25, 2009
n-guage:

Seriously? You know everyone and you know everyone's judgmental, can I have the power that helps you know how people think? I tell you as someone that has been around many of these people that majority of them are not phony.
Yes, everyone IS judgmental, I don't necessarily have to know everyone to know that. when you compliment someone on their looks, aren't you judging them based on their physical features? And when you call someone ugly, you're also judging 'em based on their physical features. when you say "these people", I suppose you're referring to Caribbeans which I wasn't arguing about. I wasn't agreeing that Caribbeans are phony. Rather that one can tell when someone(of any race/nationality) is phony. Get it? Besides, I know lots of Jamaicans and Bajans at school, if you must know.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by nguage(m): 4:42am On May 25, 2009
If indeed EVERYONE - 100% of the people in this world - is jugdemental, is it the right thing to do and should you do the same? Ponder on that.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by chiogo(f): 4:44am On May 25, 2009
Like I said, there is good as well as bad judgment. who knows if it's the right thing to do? Do we as humans always do the right thing? you think about that.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by C2H5OH(f): 4:45am On May 25, 2009
Of course everyone is judgmental. Don't be silly. One way or another we make judgments on a daily basis. Ponder on that.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by nguage(m): 5:38am On May 25, 2009
I'm trying not to derail this thread so this is the last time I plan to address this judgmental or non judgmental case. Seeing a white thing and calling it white is not being judgmental, at least not in the context that I'm using it. Making unconfirmed, useless inferences is what I mean when I talk about judgments. As opposed to seeing something and being sure about it, being judgements - again, in this context - are mostly based on assumptions.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:52am On May 25, 2009
Whatever`. They ARE phony esp the men

Next
Re: What Is Good Hair? by oyinda3(f): 10:19am On May 25, 2009
so much hypocrisy on the part of tyra. She wears wigs and weaves 99.9999% of the time. Then she takes one day out to wear cornrows and bash the other wig and weave wearers.  grin

anyways, to answer the question, "good hair" is white people's hair type or a hair type that's naturally straight.  and "bad hair" is black people's hair type or hair that's naturally coily. Blacks usually straighten their hair to achieve the "good hair." Or they may wear weaves and wigs to create an illusion of having "good hair." Depending on how much money they spent and the skill of the hairdresser, their disguise can be beweaviable or not  grin

@topic, bad hair has nothing to do with race, it has to do with the way one keeps one's hair.

yea, but "bad hair" and "good hair" are colloquial terms with meanings that DO have everything to do with race. . .Like you, however, I disagree with the racist ideas behind them.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by chiogo(f): 4:37pm On May 25, 2009
oyinda.:

[b]yea, but "bad hair" and "good hair" are colloquial terms with meanings [/b]that DO have everything to do with race. . .Like you, however, I disagree with the racist ideas behind them.
I know. I already stated in my first post what the term, "Good hair" means to people who use it. The one you quoted was just me disagreeing with the whole concept.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 25, 2009
Good hair comes from healthy scalp.

Healthy scalp comes from lack of chemical damages.

I still can't believe she spend over $20,000 in the saloon. She could have saved that to buy a car or a house.

People are so good good with solutions, they can find several ways to waste money.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by musicwriter(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
@merahki

Thanks for the link. I've just watched the full episode and it speaks volumes about how deep seated the brainwashing of black people has been going on for centuries. White people dealt a big blow to the mentality of the black race. But, its up to us to understand these things and reconstruct ourselves. This's why I insist education must be re-invented in Africa for the education of an African mindset.

1 Like

Re: What Is Good Hair? by musicwriter(m): 4:30am On Oct 30, 2016
@Stupedinluv Thanks for sharing the other thread with me. Tried responding there but the anti-spam bolt banned me for a day. May be because I had a long post.
Re: What Is Good Hair? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
musicwriter:
@Stupedinluv Thanks for sharing the other thread with me. Tried responding there but the anti-spam bolt banned me for a day. May be because I had a long post.
Oh sorry. I just wanted to be sure you were not the op, that's why i mentioned
Re: What Is Good Hair? by musicwriter(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Oh sorry. I just wanted to be sure you were not the op, that's why i mentioned

Indeed, whoever the OP must have read some of my materials. I could see that for myself, and I wanted to provide him answers to the questions he raised, but my response kept ballooning out of proportion until the anti-spam bolt banned me. I'll try again later in the day anywhere.

Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Good Hair? by streem26: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
I have natural hair and I am black. I do get complements on my natural hair, but sadly I find myself getting complements from people who aren't black about my natural. Now if I straighten my hair, I did brazilian blowout then I will get a lot more complements. I don't understand it all. I live in a small southern town where a lot of brain washed stereotypes have been imbended in people's lives for YEARS. So here, straight hair is more praised usually among the older generation, but natural hair is ignored and looked down on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Eyebrows To Be Thick / Quality And Adorable Sandals and Slippers At Wholesales price #1200 / Gold Teeth Grills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.