Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,261 members, 7,864,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

Technology's Impact On Society - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Technology's Impact On Society (700 Views)

Impact Of E-waste In Nigeria / Help: Global Impact Duped Me For The Singapore Sim Card. / Impact of Google Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technology's Impact On Society by skin4nine(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2009
The impact of technology on our society is not good nor is it bad. There are many good things about technology today, such as DNA testing, and many other good and positive things. But, there are just as many negatives, for instance, television and video games.

Television is not all bad but when it becomes your child's baby sitter, then it is a problem. Many parents have their children watching television all day long just so that they can get things done around the house.

Sesame street and Mr. Rogers is okay and only if the parent watches along with her child. Television is definitely not the baby sitter that I dreamed of having when I was raising my children.

When I was raising my five children, we did not even have a color television set until the late 1980's. We had a 25" black and white television set and we would watch it as a family. Never did I substitute parenting with a television.

Not, the same deal with parents these days. Nowadays, parents have a television in their child's room. That is so weird for me and I still do not understand how a child can have a television in their room. Television is a wonderful part of technology but parents need to know that television is not a baby sitter.

As for computers, I just love the internet and being able to learn so much from the internet and children can benefit from this new technology as well, but parents need to be involved.
Furthermore, technology's impact on society has not yet been felt because when technology does have a major "Glitch," what will we do? Imagine life without cable, lights, trains, buses, traffic lights, and etc., etc?

Let's face it, we are all way so dependent on technology today, that it is so sad to think about what will happen when all of technology just goes out.

Technology's impact on our society is like asking what is the impact of tree's in our society. Technology has become the new way of the world and while some of the things are wonderful, some are scary to have to live without.

Let's face it, our society depends so much on technology. We could not drive if it wasn't for technology. That is how traffic lights are run. We could not take elevators to the 20th floor if it wasn't for technology today in our society.

Finally, the fact of the matter is that we are all way too dependent on technology in our society and how do we accept anything different or less?

(1) (Reply)

Best Phone Modem / Networking / Need Fruity loops tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.