Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel (1833 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Accepted Dropping Absolute Biafra Demand Before Army Struck / Unrest In Abia: Ikpeazu Meets Army Commander & Traditional Rulers In Abia (Pics) / Youths Wear Goodluck Jonathan Mask In Kano As Ex President Visits (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by sojiboy(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2015
There is disquiet in Ekiti State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over its expelled Secretary, Dr. Tope Aluko’s appearance before the army panel probing soldiers’ roles in the June 21, 2014 governorship poll.
Aluko is believed to have travelled to Kaduna, venue of the sitting of the panel, led by Maj.-Gen. Adeniyi Oyebade, armed with what a source described as “very incontrovertible and incriminating evidence”.
At Tuesday’s sitting, Aluko was said to have chosen to testify in camera, following what the source described as the “sensitivity” of his evidence and the role his testimony could play in the outcome of the panel’s report.
Some military officers were in Ekiti during the election, including Capt Sagir Koli, who secretly recorded the voices of senior army officers and PDP chieftains perfecting strategies to “rig” the election.
Personalities whose voices were recorded included former Brigade Commander, Artillery Regiment, Akure Brig.-Gen Aliyu Momoh; Governor Ayo Fayose (the then PDP governorship candidate), Musiliu Obanikoro (then Minister of State for Defence), Iyiola Omisore (then Osun PDP governorship candidate) and Jelili Adesiyan (then Minister of Police Affairs).
Aluko was expelled in July by a disciplinary panel Fayose faction. His expulsion was recently confirmed by the PDP national leadership.
A party source told The Nation yesterday in Ado-Ekiti that Aluko’s appearance has been causing ripples and disquiet in the government and party circles.
The source revealed that although the Ayo Fayose-led administration and the Idowu Faleye-led PDP exco know that Aluko is aggrieved but they never expected him to “testify against the party from which he had benefited”.
The source said: “We are shocked to read in the papers that Aluko went to testify against our party and this has been causing anxiety in government and party circles.
“If anyone says he is not moved by TKO’s action, such a person is lying. This is because TKO knows a lot about what transpired before, during and after the election.
“He was privy to many meetings held on strategies and logistics used to win the election.
“Besides this, TKO has many documents detailing liaison with the Jonathan presidency, military and federal agencies, how senior security chiefs were bribed to favour Fayose.
“Things ought not to have degenerated if the situation was well-managed.
“There are better ways that disagreement and grievances could be resolved. But for a senior party chief to testify against his party shows that things have gone from bad to worse.
“Although we are all waiting for the outcome of the probe but we know that Aluko’s evidence won’t bode well for the party.”
The Ekiti PDP has faulted the claim of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chairman Olajide Awe that 36,000 soldiers were deployed for the election.
The party accused Awe and other APC chieftains, who appeared at the panel, of spewing “lies from the pit of hell”.
In a statement yesterday by its Publicity Secretary, Jackson Adebayo, in Ado Ekiti, the PDP said: “How did the soldiers come in? Where were they camped? Where were they deployed?
“We are asking these questions because Ekiti is not a coastal state to say they came in through the seas.
“Ekiti has no rail lines to say hundreds of train coaches brought them in.
“ Awe must also provide the army formations from which the soldiers were brought to Ekiti.
“To the best of our knowledge, the few soldiers that came were from the Nigerian Army Brigade in nearby Ondo State and we are sure that the strength of that brigade is not up to 10,000 men.”

thenationonlineng.net/secretarys-appearance-at-military-probe-unsettles-pdp/

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by 4stylz: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2015
What a country, so army can even surmorn people before thier court? I thought it was democracy we were practicing or am I forgetting something here

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Warlord3000(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2015
Just when we thought this has been laid to rest

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by trailblaiza(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2015
rere run! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Dannyset(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2015
Hahahahahahahahaha grin Fayose oooooooooooooo! 3x

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by saintkash(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2015
Warlord3000:
Just when we thought this has been laid to rest

laid to rest when Ayo fayose refused to rest. ...this is the beginning of his downfall.

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by coolar: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Gov. Fayose has been very loud against the presidency so that when this case comes up,he can attribute it to witch hunting.

Time to silent Gov. Fayose has come.

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by ademega(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2015
how will this end fayose administration? I guess its no shaking for him
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by GudluckIBB(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2015
[ emega post=40177737]how will this end fayose administration? I guess its no shaking for him [/quote

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by GudluckIBB(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2015
ademega:
how will this end fayose administration? I guess its no shaking for him

.....Why are you talking like this nah? Even PDP had admitted that it is not good for their and you are here saying no shaking for fayose!

Are you more intellingent than Pdp who has openly admitted that the situation wasn't well managed?

Or has foyose told you that he's not moved?

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by porshuch: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2015
In fela's voice *kolo mentality for fayose* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by superstar1(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2015
4stylz:
What a country, so army can even surmorn people before thier court? I thought it was democracy we were practicing or am I forgetting something here

Is it that you can read but you lack comprehension or your read the write up upside down.

Was the testifier summoned or he volunteered to testify willingly?

Some people sha.

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Alphaoscar: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2015
The government may decide to wait till fayose's tenure

elapse before trying him but his other comrades in

rigging especially Chris Uba, Obanikoro and others

without immunity should borrow leg ASAP or else na gbege for them.

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Aufbauh(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2015
The ill fate that will befall Ayodele Fayose after his immunity cover is over is still doing press up

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by veraponpo(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2015
Can Fayose escape this?

2 Likes

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Dannyset(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2015
sojiboy:

A party source told The Nation yesterday in Ado-Ekiti that Aluko’s appearance has been causing ripples and disquiet in the government and party circles.
The source revealed that although the Ayo Fayose-led administration and the Idowu Faleye-led PDP exco know that Aluko is aggrieved but they never expected him to “testify against the party from which he had benefited”.
The source said: “We are shocked to read in the papers that Aluko went to testify against our party and this has been causing anxiety in government and party circles.
“If anyone says he is not moved by TKO’s action, such a person is lying. This is because TKO knows a lot about what transpired before, during and after the election.
“He was privy to many meetings held on strategies and logistics used to win the election.
“Besides this, TKO has many documents detailing liaison with the Jonathan presidency, military and federal agencies, how senior security chiefs were bribed to favour Fayose.
“Things ought not to have degenerated if the situation was well-managed.
“There are better ways that disagreement and grievances could be resolved. But for a senior party chief to testify against his party shows that things have gone from bad to worse.
“Although we are all waiting for the outcome of the probe but we know that Aluko’s evidence won’t bode well for the party.”

thenationonlineng.net/secretarys-appearance-at-military-probe-unsettles-pdp/

I don't believe any mature party person can talk this way. From my angle, this isn't coming from a PDP person.
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by dustmalik: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2015
I smell trouble for someone after his tenure. Criminal charges awaits grin

1 Like

Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Eboski(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2015
who else if not the end time nation news paper ..... End Time Nation....

before you quote me I will not bother to reply you.....
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Gbawe: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2015
4stylz:

Would it harm you to do basic research before you begin disgracing your nation? Worldwide, civilians call be called as witnesses in a Military case or Court martial.
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 19, 2015
So what will happen?

He will defeat Fayemi 16times over. Simple!
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by irumanle(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Eboski:
who else if not the end time nation news paper ..... End Time Nation....

before you quote me I will not bother to reply you.....
Ewu
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Kyase(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2015
4stylz:
Without the army there wont be democracy
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by 4stylz: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2015
Kyase:

Without the army there wont be democracy

Fucck the army (Nigeria army), you smile at illegality; try and travel to the western world and see how they live there, military regime is a crime against freedom/humanity

Shut your trap
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Kyase(m): 9:59am On Nov 19, 2015
4stylz:

Fucck the army (Nigeria army), you smile at illegality; try and travel to the western world and see how they live there, military regime is a crime against freedom/humanity

Shut your trap
Sorry
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by T051N(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2015
4stylz:
he was summoned not arrested, democracy or not you comply, if they feel his testimony can help in their investigation then they can summon him
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Cameleon72(f): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2015
If i can vividly remember, one of the so called prophet once prophesy that Fayose will be impeached/removed after December this year, will this come to pass Still observing
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by seunmsg(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2015
If anything damaging comes out of TKO's revelation before the Army panel, Fayose will definitely have himself to blame. His greed and decision not to entertain any contrary views led him to push out strong party leaders like Tope Aluko who stood by him when nobody gave him the chance to pick PDP's ticket.
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2015
saintkash:

laid to rest when Ayo fayose refused to rest. ...this is the beginning of his downfall.

Lolz the only way Fayose can be removed will be through impeachment(which we both know is impossible) you may try assasinations instead!! The ekiti electoral dispute is over!! The supreme court has issued the final verdict on it.Besides the 180 days limitations for all electoral disputes to be resolved are over.
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2015
seunmsg:
If anything damaging comes out of TKO's revelation before the Army panel, Fayose will definitely have himself to blame. His greed and decision not to entertain any contrary views led him to push out strong party leaders like Tope Aluko who stood by him when nobody gave him the chance to pick PDP's ticket.

Lolz don't make me laugh too hard please!! So what will the kangaroo army report do to Fayose? Yopu people will never cease to amze me!! The worst thing that kangaroo panel can achieve will be the dismissal of Brig Gen Momoh and nothing else!!
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by skyfall: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Haha...beuriful news. Let the action film start.
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by ERAKAMUS: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
tonyfrenzy:
So what will happen?
He will defeat Fayemi 16times over. Simple!
Re: Unrest In Ekiti PDP As Ex-secretary Appear Before Army Panel by sojiboy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Kaduna Military Panel: Ekiti PDP disowns ex-scribe
The Ekiti State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has frowned at the impersonation of the position of the State Secretary of the party by one Dr Tope Aluko at the ongoing military panel on the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State.
The party has equally warned that whatever is recorded by the military panel in the name of the said impersonator on the involvement of military in the Ekiti election will render the whole exercise illegal and a charade.
In a statement by the State Publicity Secretary, Jackson Adebayo, in Ado-Ekiti yesterday, the PDP said that it was ridiculous that a non-member of the party could be admitted to testify in the name of PDP despite a widely publicised expulsion of the fellow by the party on 31st July, 2015.
Adebayo explained that the expelled secretary had only demonstrated the traits of anti-party activities that led to his expulsion, adding that there was nothing objective or reliable that could be taken from him in this case.
He noted that Aluko, who testified on oath as principal witness for the PDP at the election petition tribunal, would only be confining himself to the wrath of the law by chosen to negate same after he had said that the election was free and fair to the Supreme Court level.
According to him, Aluko and four members of the State Working Committee were expelled on the 31st of July, 2015, while the National Working Committee of the party upheld the expulsion on the 4th of November, 2015 via a letter signed by the National Organising Secretary, Abubarka Mustapha.
In the letter from the national secretariat of the party, the
replacement of the expelled officers were also approved with Pastor Tope Anjorin as the new State Secretary of the party, while Mrs Yemisi Afolabi was named as the State Woman Leader.
Other officers appointed by the party included Gbuyiro Sunday as the Vice-Chairman Ekiti North and Mojeed Azzez Apempe as the new State Auditor.
PDP stressed that it was appalling and shameful that somebody that was expelled from the party based on his disloyalty to the party and gross indiscipline could now be admitted as a witness before a respected military panel.
"We want to say categorically that Dr TKO Aluko is no longer the Secretary of PDP in Ekiti State neither is he a member of the party again, our Secretary is Pastor Tope Anjorin, so anybody dealing with the expelled member is only doing so at his or her own risk, as well as dealing with an impersonator."

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Thinks Ben Murray Bruce Will Make A Good Nigerian President ? / Is There Anything Like "Constituency Allowance "? / The News Circulating Of Man That Stripped Unclad In Gtb Has Been Resolved!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.