Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Possible Is It To Work From Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Possible Is It To Work From Home? (1040 Views)

Man Flees From Home Over Wife’s High Libido / Boy Who Ran Away From Home In Abakiliki To Aba For Survival Suffering (Photos) / Woman Chased Away Husband From Home After Impregnated By Lover (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Marilo(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello All,

I am sure we have come across all sorts of advertisement here and there about being self-employed,working from home given the state of the economy the world over.

The question then is how practicable is this "WORK FROM HOME" strategy. Can people with experience share their experience about how they worked from home,what kind of work they do,how many hours put into work and how much this has supported the family as well as their dreams.

Look forward to a fruitful and interesting discussion.

wink
Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2015
I am presently working from home and it's easier because commuting to the office on the Island will take a lot.
i also enjoy the freedom.
Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by rosety: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2015
This will really depend on what you mean by working from home.
Is it a desk-like job where you interface with clients and colleagues through the cloud/internet? Or is it about running your business with your home as your office. In Nigeria, I believe there are a lot of people that do the latter.

As an example. I run a floral services company. We serve end users directly as well as a host of retail florists and free-lancers. Now the bulk of these free lance florists work out of their homes. No offices. They meet their clients either in church or through friends, clubs and referrals. Discussions are done over the phone, at public locations or the client's home/office. Then they come to my garden and purchase the flowers and accessories needed for the job, go ho e and make their designs and flower arrangements there before delivering to the client. Others simply ask me to do the job and deliver to them for onward delivery to the client without even leaving their homes.

Seeing that they make their purchases from me quite regularly with some of them coming 2 to 3 times a week every week, I can only assume the system works for them.

Now is this an example of working from home as you intended? Because I believe this is what most work-from-home Nigerians do.

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Marilo(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2015
Brandnew2:
I am presently working from home and it's easier because commuting to the office on the Island will take a lot.
i also enjoy the freedom.
What's the nature of your job?

How many hours do you work a day?

A rough estimate about how much you make per month?
Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 19, 2015
Marilo:

A rough estimate about how much you make per month?

I put in long hours freelancing as well as posting on my blog.

Can't post details on my earnings here right now.

Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Marilo(m): 9:47am On Nov 19, 2015
rosety:
This will really depend on what you mean by working from home.
Is it a desk-like job where you interface with clients and colleagues through the cloud/internet? Or is it about running your business with your home as your office. In Nigeria, I believe there are a lot of people that do the latter.

As an example. I run a floral services company. We serve end users directly as well as a host of retail florists and free-lancers. Now the bulk of these free lance florists work out of their homes. No offices. They meet their clients either in church or through friends, clubs and referrals. Discussions are done over the phone, at public locations or the client's home/office. Then they come to my garden and purchase the flowers and accessories needed for the job, go ho e and make their designs and flower arrangements there before delivering to the client. Others simply ask me to do the job and deliver to them for onward delivery to the client without even leaving their homes.

Seeing that they make their purchases from me quite regularly with some of them coming 2 to 3 times a week every week, I can only assume the system works for them.

Now is this an example of working from home as you intended? Because I believe this is what most work-from-home Nigerians do.

Sounds exciting!

This is a typical example of working from home...I think this should be encouraged as to my mind it will help reduce human and vehicular movement thereby reducing the man-hour of people who would have to work in offices.

How sustainable do you reckon your business will be? How long have you been in business and how long do you reckon you're going to continue. Do you reckon you might be thinking of expansion if the business continue to grow?Don't you think "working from home" will be jettison when your business grow at an alarmingly speedy rate?
Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Marilo(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2015
I believe one of the way out of working from home is explained in this link...It will make an interesting read

https://trafficmonsoon.com/?ref=Marilo

https://trafficmonsoon.com/land.php?id=2&ref=Marilo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njmoBQYFvq8
Re: How Possible Is It To Work From Home? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2015
Marilo:
I believe one of the way out of working from home is explained in this link...It will make an interesting read

https://trafficmonsoon.com/?ref=Marilo

https://trafficmonsoon.com/land.php?id=2&ref=Marilo
Ain't clicking that link. Post the content here.

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Scariest And Cautious Moment In Homes / Eight Expectations And Realities Of Family Life / Nigerian Mum Storms Son's Facebook Page, Demands He Cuts His Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.