Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed (1421 Views)

Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says federal government-owned media organsations such as the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Federal radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) and the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), have lost the huge following they once commanded because the “threw professionalism to the winds”.
Mohammed, speaking on Thursday at the Radio House, Abuja, during his maiden meeting with heads of parastatals under the ministry, observed that private media platforms were doing much better.
He said government-owned media must begin their path to recovery by first solidifying their credibility, which will in turn drive adverts.
“…the Federal Government-owned media organizations, the NTA, FRCN and NAN. Why have you all chosen to play second fiddle in the country’s media landscape? I ask because the NTA and FRCN of yesterday is not the same as what we have today,” Mohammed said.
“Whereas most broadcast journalists of note in our country today passed through the NTA and the FRCN, there is no denying the fact that the private radio and TV stations are doing much better, at least going by the fact that most Nigerians prefer them to the public broadcasters. Indeed, most Nigerians find the private broadcasters more credible.
“The reason for this is not far-fetched. First, the public broadcasters have thrown professionalism to the wind while also showing total disregard for editorial independence. They have mortgaged their credibility on the altar of political correctness. Yet, these Federal Government-owned media establishments are endowed with highly-trained and well-qualified personnel, better infrastructure and a wide reach.
“It is interesting to note that these government-owned media organizations complain of financial woes, forgetting that there is a link between credibility and profitability. Advertisers will surely flock to more credible media organizations, and of course it is also true that content drives advertisement.
“The same law of diminishing returns also apply to NAN, which was once the leading national news agency in the whole of Africa, boasting of the best professionals in the news business. Today, the agency is punching far below its weight, despite its presence in all the states
of the Federation.
“We intend to provide leadership for the Federal Government-owned media organizations in a manner that will make them to become the first source of information, so that they can more effectively function as a vehicle for the change mantra of the Buhari Administration, and also regain their lost glory. The combined reach of the NTA, FRCN and NAN, if effectively utilized, will facilitate the success of the change campaign. But they must first enhance their own credibility, because no credibility-deficient news organization can successfully propagate the message of change.”
Mohammed assured Nigerians that under the current administration, no government-owned media organization would not deny the opposition the opportunity to air their views.
“It is true that while we were in opposition, we were treated as outcasts by these public broadcasters. They denied us the use of their platforms, they rejected our adverts and even made themselves available for the most abhorrent hate campaign ever in the history of
electioneering campaign in our country,” he said.
“But in an era of change, which is our mantra, that cannot and will not continue. Opposition members are Nigerians, just like members of the ruling party. Even the ruling party will benefit when the opposition is allowed to air their views freely, because you learn more from people who disagree with you. Therefore, let the ruling party and the opposition air their ideas and let the people, who wield the ultimate power, decide at the end of the day.
“To the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), I say we are committed to the realization of the Digital Switch Over in Nigeria, because of the inherent opportunities that this will unleash in the news, entertainment and creative industries and the vibrancy that it will usher into the sector. This will in turn create jobs for millions of our teeming youths. The same is true of the National Film Corporation and the National Film and Video Censor Board, which are also key to propagating the change agenda.
“In the end, all of us here, including the Voice of Nigeria, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria and the Nigerian Press Council will have a role to play in the days ahead, when we launch the massive national reorientation campaign aimed at achieving a paradigm shift in the way we do things.”
https://www.thecable.ng/nta-frcn-nan-thrown-professionalism-winds-says-lai-mohammed

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by HungerBAD: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
The NTA should be privatized.

For a National Television, it is an embarrassment that should be corrected.
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
I just want the world to know that, I am the reason why the earth exists!
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Demmocrats(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
cheesy
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by benedictnsi(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
E360dg:
I just want the world to know that, I am the reason why the earth exists!

So how does that help put NTA, FRCN and NAN in their normal state How e take concern us

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
No be lie.
But are the new winds of change going to apply knowledge base of Nigerian experts, create enabling environment, utilize local contents and encourage development of indigeneous technology OR STILL GO BY THE WAYS OF EMPLOYING EXPATRIATES?
Else, all na wash.

In another words, did anybody know what they smoke in Nairaland Control Room?

See this:
Banned by a moderator in NYSC for Violation of rule 2.
Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES..

Ban expires on2:26pm On Dec 22,2034 cheesy grin grin cheesy

[size=18pt]Its weekend again, check my signature[/size]
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Highcuerayte: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time Minister

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by pedrilo: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
IMA NIBORO, the former spokesman of GEJ who is currently the DG of NAN don enta frying pan.

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by bigtt76(f): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked Choi see who is talking ...na real end-time tinz this ooo grin

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by ERAKAMUS: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lie Moha MAD is a TOUT - Fayose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Mogidi: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
He said government-owned media must begin their path to recovery by first solidifying their [size=13pt]credibility[/size]

Liar Mohammed and credibility, don't make me laff grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by CACAWA(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
ok
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by ODUBEZE: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
NTA has never remain the same since Bruce left! come to think of it who will like to watch lies because that is what they do! They edit govt. performance and tell us lies rather than being objective. I doubt they can ever measure up to other private owned stations
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:

bad mouth our minister has spoken gbam
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by merry02(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ranter minister
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by richeso: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
When the Content is not singing praises to your APC Party they are bad, but when they sign your APC praises they are good.

I lost hope in 9ja since you become Min. of Info.
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by lmm4real: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Tell them, Seril Stoba of NTA and the likes hv been reading news since 1960 lol
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:

I think say na only me see am o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Why won't it be so when men like Cyril stoba and others have deliberately refused to make way for younger people courtesy of their 'football age'.

1 Like

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by robosky02(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

not credibility

but

incredible lol
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Blackfire(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Stagnant NTA+ lying minister = ? What
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
robosky02:

not credibility

but

incredible lol
The LIE himself
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by DaBullIT(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
JUNK JOURNALISM EVERYWHERE
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Mogidi: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Dat man na comedian, basketmouth should watch out. grin grin grin
Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:

Dat man na comedian, basketmouth should watch out. grin grin grin
I think he's bored that there is no Jonathan to attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA, FRCN, NAN Have ‘thrown Professionalism To The Winds’, Says Lai Mohammed by Bobbystanley(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
The CEO of the Lying liars -Lai Mohammed.

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Black Friday Doesn't Worth It At All / The People Congregating Elsewhere Did Not Start Nairaland, Stop Telling Lies / Checkout This Cute Photo Of Gov Ajimobi Of Oyo State And His Wife At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.