Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers (751 Views)

Cli: Aggrieved Psp Group Wants More From Lasg -rejects N2.5 Bn Loan / Aggrieved "TASCE" Students Protest Over Unpaid Salaries Of Lecturers’ / Kokobet Thread For Online Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by perfectgen(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Having read a little on the law of torts; even though I am not a lawyer and from my reading experience from John Grisham's "King of Tort", I have come to understand that the Nigerian consumers are being maltreated by most of the companies giving consumer services here in Nigerian, but my focus today is MTN.
I just observed that after many of us have registered our SIM cards; this was an activity that took people like me over four hours to accomplish, we got confirmation that our SIM registration is completed, only for us to start getting text messages that we should go back and register again with no concern for the distress or discomfort such issues will have on us.
Now, most of these lines have been disconnected because we are now tagged "defaulters".
Should that be the case when we were already registered; my questions are what happened to the database on which our biometric registration was captured and saved, and should we be the ones to bear the brunt of MTN's inefficiencies?
I was at one of their offices and observed many people are in the same shoes with me so it prompted me to talk to a lawyer, who agreed that we can institute an action against MTN on negligence of responsibilities and mishandling of sensitive personal information.
However, to make the case more pronounced, we, the affected; by the disconnection after initial registration, need gather ourselves in large numbers to gain the attention of the court and the Federal Government, lest our case lacks temerity like that of the two men who sued DSTV on the increased subscription rate.
If you know that you are one of those affected by disconnected MTN lines after complete registration of your SIM card and you are willing to pursue this case, please drop your email here and I will surely contact you.
Note: You will not be charged any amount, I and the lawyer will find a way around that; We as consumers need to put our foot on the ground and demand for better services.
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by FREEEMANAN(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
undecided
I hope this will really yeild any fruit.... Seriously...

Nwanem biko..... You said you read Grisham.. . That's what I am more interested in grin

Do you know if he still writes or he has hung up pen?

I have exhausted all his works....
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by perfectgen(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
undecided
I hope this will really yeild any fruit.... Seriously...

Nwanem biko..... You said you read Grisham.. . That's what I am more interested in grin

Do you know if he still writes or he has hung up pen?

I have exhausted all his works....

Boss,
He seldom write novels nowadays but he has not retired; I believe a new book should be released by 2016 but his last book "Sycamore Row" came out in 2013, so you can try and get it if you have not read it.
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by FREEEMANAN(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
perfectgen:

Boss,
He seldom write novels nowadays but he has not retired; I believe a new book should be released by 2016 but his last book "Sycamore Row" came out in 2013, so you can try and get it if you have not read it.

He actually wrote Gray Mountain last year.... Since then I have heard nothing from him.... I just love his words....
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by freemanbubble: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
i don't use empty hen though. but this is a good move. i will look for friends and relatives whose sim were deactivated and send their mails to you
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by perfectgen(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
freemanbubble:
i don't use empty hen though. but this is a good move. i will look for friends and relatives whose sim were deactivated and send their mails to you
Thanks, I look forward to having them. We need to stop the impassioned abuse of our consumer rights before it goes too unbearable.
Re: A Call For Aggrieved MTN Customers by perfectgen(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
I have not been around in a while however, I observed that the trend whereby MTN subscribers get disconnected is on the increase. Just yesterday, I learnt of the registration issue in Owerri, and just today. I saw a pitiable state of subscribers posted on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2778057/crowd-mtn-office-ikotun
I am still requesting that we gather ourselves and ensure MTN gives account of our registration data.

cc: lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove

(1) (Reply)

End Time Things? / Just Got This Strange Friend Request On Tango(photos) / 24 Motivational Quotes To Kick Start Your Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.