Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid (859 Views)

When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) / Did Wizkid Get His Hair Inspiration From My Son? Lola Omotayo Asks / Karen Igho: "My Husband Loves My Color The Way It Is" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid by Airforce1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Wizkid opened up to FADER magazine in a recent interview on his career, music, lifestyle and more.

When asked about his ‘Ojuelegba’ hit track, Star Boy said, ” I knew it was a good song but I didn’t expect it to blow up the way that it did. My parents still live there. We have a house there.”

On Awards, Wizkid replied saying, “My real fans know I am not really about that kind of thing. That was not the reason why I fell in love with music.”

“I like the way house music is produced. In Africa, house music artists are the ones most likely to cross over internationally. There are very few African artists who can do that” he said when asked about ‘house music’.

When asked about his upcoming EP ‘Sounds from the Other side’, the singer said, “I’m a perfectionist. I can listen to the music now and tomorrow I’ll be like, ‘Yo, I feel we need to change this’, and then we have to go back to the drawing board.”

http://nexthop.com.ng/i-didnt-expect-it-did-wizkid/

Re: I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid by FREEEMANAN(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
undecided
Re: I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid by politricks: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good for you
Re: I Didnt Expect "Ojuelegba" To Blow Up The Way It Did - Wizkid by osamaBUSH(m): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
I never expected i was gonna like the song too. When i heard it first i was like "wadda fuq". But fast forward to now, it's among the favorite songs on my playlist.

(1) (Reply)

See What This Website Said About Nigeria In Their Countries Wit Highest Internet / Photos: D'banj Gets His 2015 Porsche Car From Slot Endorsement. / Toni Payne Gushes Over Her Union With 9ice, Says They Made A Great Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.