Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship (30722 Views)

The Effects Of Salaat In Our Lives / Remembering The Lives Lost In Srebrenica / Pics:muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by yazach: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Muslim employee who saved lives at Kosher supermarket in Paris praised for his courage as he is granted citizenship by France

Mali-born Lassana Bathily, 24, saved lives during Paris attacks
Kosher grocery employee turned off freezer and hid shoppers
He then sneaked out and helped police outside free the hostages
Bathily was granted French citizenship and praised for his 'heroism'

The Muslim kosher supermarket employee who saved several shoppers lives during the Paris attack has been granted French citizenship.
Lassana Bathily, 24, was praised for his 'courage and heroism' by Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve during a ceremony in the presence of Prime Minister Manuel Valls.
Mr Cazeneuve said Mali-born Bathily's 'act of humanity has become a symbol of an Islam of peace and tolerance.'

Tonight I'm very proud and deeply touched,' Mr Bathily, who went to school in Paris, said with tears in his eyes.
He humbly stressed that he does not consider himself a hero, saying: 'I am Lassana. I'll stay true to myself.'

'People are all equal to me and skin color isn't a matter. France is the country of human rights,' he added.
Mr Bathily was in the store's underground stockroom when gunman Amedy Coulibaly burst in to the Hyper Cacher supermarket in Porte de Vincennes, Paris, on January 9 and killed four people.
The 24-year-old guided terrified customers to safety in a supermarket chiller and has since been praised around the world for his quick-thinking and bravery.

Mr Bathily, who reportedly led six people to safety, told BFMTV: 'When they ran down, I opened the door [of the freezer].
'There are several people who came to me. I turned off the light, I turned off the freezer.
'When I turned off the cold, I put them [hostages] in, I closed the door, I told them to stay calm.'
Using a goods lift he escaped and was able to give the police valuable information about what was happening inside and where the hostages were hiding.
Shy and reluctant to tell his story, Mr Bathily, who went to school in Paris, admitted that after the shoot-out many of the customers came to shake his hand and thank him for what he did.
Bathily has lived in France since 2006, attending school in the capital
He had filed an application for French citizenship last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2918786/Man-saved-lives-Paris-grocery-gets-French-citizenship.html

Pic1: The Hero
Pic2: Hostages in the freezer
Pic:3 Police Storm the supermarket
Pic4: The hero meet with Kerry

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Rilwayne001: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Very goood.

13 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by vedaxcool(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Cheers to him and wish him Allah's protection and guidance! amin

73 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by vedaxcool(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2015
^^

Muslims don't worship any human being, rather all our worship is for Allah the most high!

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2015
All them Muslims are not terrorists but all the terrorists are muslims

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by honeymills(f): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2015
I am not a Muslim but y?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by frankwells(f): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2015
K
Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by youngberry001(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2015
honeymills:
I am not a Muslim but y?
u dey craze!!

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Sonoflucifer is a Jewish Christian Atheist Muslim who worships Anyanwu and Sango.

May Olodumare and Amadioha bless all Muslims this weekend.

Ramen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by honeymills(f): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2015
I am not a Muslim but I am commenting.... So?
Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by youngberry001(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2015
Alhamdulillahi

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Pavore9: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2015
We are all first, humans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by rileyy(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2015
Way to go #terorismHasNoReligion #WeStandTogether

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by honeymills(f): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Neither will there be Christianity.
there will surely be sango and obatala
Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 20, 2015
honeymills:
there will surely be sango and obatala
There has to be. grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by elizilliams: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2015
Good for him and his family. I hope the jihadish won't look for him , find him and radicalise him or his famiky members for their evil purposes in 10-20 years time. This is becuase these wicked people seems to have a long-term plans. And they hit when one least expected.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by sigiyaya(m): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Neither will there be Christianity.
Are you a BIAFRAN?
Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by honeymills(f): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2015
rileyy:
Way to go #terorismHasNoReligion #WeStandTogether
it surely has a religion and guess what? It's ought to be a religion of peace....... It's Islam.! There., I don talk am.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by efilefun(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2015
honeymills:
it surely has a religion and guess what? It's ought to be a religion of peace....... It's Islam.! There., I don talk am.
Pretty sure you got issues that can't be detected medically, Incase you find the person behind your problem, call on nairalanders, they will gladly help beg the person EWU

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2015
sigiyaya:
Are you a BIAFRA?
I'm Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by loanplus: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2015
ok
Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by rileyy(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Biafra is an imaginary line in your head

sigiyaya:
There Will be no Islam in BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship by jomoh: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2015
A time will come when the muslim world shall stand up to this blood sucking bastards.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Allah Save Jesus From Death But Allowed Muhammad To Eat Poison? / Eid-al Filtr: Chinwe Chibuike Foundation Donates Goats, Prayer Mats To Muslims / Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.