Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! (31576 Views)

FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo / NLC Proposes N56,000 As Minimum Wage To Fg / We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by bettermike: 4:35am On Nov 20, 2015
Mogidi:
We replaced Goodluck with Badluck, we must must live with the decision.

Guy stop embarrassing yourself and your family. Is winning the under 17 world cup bad luck too?

Last I checked, fuel price was as low as 50 dollars before Jonathan left office too. So why are you crying like a day old child.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by bettermike: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2015
omolami:
GEJ increasing minimum wages and ensuring the payment, Buhari reducing wages. What an irony of government. Na mumu government we day.

But gej increased fuel price and buhari is trying to reduce that same fuel price Na.

Give and take bro.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by bettermike: 4:47am On Nov 20, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

can u see y dis people no want make biafra go?
chai dis peoples has finis awa oyel.

See another olodo. Na Biafra get oil abi Na nigerdelta?

If your claim is that one or 2 ibo states are producing oil, then it might interest you to know that two or three southwestern states are producing oil too.

So stop crying and find something better to do.

All these nairaland children sef.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by onatisi(m): 4:52am On Nov 20, 2015
bettermike:

But gej increased fuel price and buhari is trying to reduce that same fuel price Na.

Give and take bro.
abeg stop talking nonsense ,when did buhari ever say that they are trying to reduce pump price of fuel?. Nigerians and their shallow brain vendor corner stories.smh

1 Like

Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by bettermike: 5:07am On Nov 20, 2015
onatisi:
abeg stop talking nonsense ,when did buhari ever say that they are trying to reduce pump price of fuel?. Nigerians and their shallow brain vendor corner stories.smh

That's cos you hardly listen to news. You think all the news for the day is only what you see on nairaland front page. Pele o.

Anyways, all news doesn't have to emanate from the mouth of the president alone. The parastatals involved can break the news too.

An example is the recent ban of ibetterpassmyneighbour generators whichs news came not from the presidency.

So wake up dude.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by HastaCuando(m): 6:36am On Nov 20, 2015
undecided undecided undecided ... Seriously? It not an issue once you also agree to cut down your salaries and unnecessary benefits. And stop traveling for no good reason.

............ in another news Federal Government Bilateral Education Scholarship students in China are going hungry as a result of unpaid scholarship allowances. Since January 2015, and still counting....
Nigerian Government, what is happening?. Do we wait till these scholars start protesting, so they would be tagged unpatriotic or better still an embarrassment to the nation? Nobody cares of what they are currently undergoing in trying to make ends meet. cry cry cry. This is very unfair!!!
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by Nicepoker(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
akinyeleaa:
childish
pained.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2015
bettermike:

See another olodo. Na Biafra get oil abi Na nigerdelta?

If your claim is that one or 2 ibo states are producing oil, then it might interest you to know that two or three southwestern states are producing oil too.

So stop crying and find something better to do.

All these nairaland children sef.

butu why?
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by dalongjnr: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We warned them but they threatened us with brooms.
We countered their lies, they branded us wailing wailers.
The South westerners connived with their slave masters to remove a peaceful man and impose an illiterate dictator who is also a terrorist on us.

I am Happy because I wasn't part of the people that brought this abomination upon this nation.

This is just the beginning of four years of drought and poverty in this Country. Enjoy your change while it lasts.
but you guys failed to remember your oga's cluelessness, when he failed to diversified the economy when crude oil price was @ $126, and you expected Buhari to turn water into wine with crude oil price @ $48. you no get shame @all. hide your shameful face into a sack pls. Jonathan killed the economy for lack of knowledge.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by onatisi(m): 7:08am On Nov 20, 2015
bettermike:

That's cos you hardly listen to news. You think all the news for the day is only what you see on nairaland front page. Pele o.

Anyways, all news doesn't have to emanate from the mouth of the president alone. The parastatals involved can break the news too.

An example is the recent ban of ibetterpassmyneighbour generators whichs news came not from the presidency.

So wake up dude.
all your stories are just tales by moonlight,the generator ban was announced by the custom boss. So if buhari or any government official doesn't issue any official statement on a matter where do you get ur own news, in your dreams abi?"" or is your brother the one advising buharo?
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by PapaOyoyo: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We warned them but they threatened us with brooms.
We countered their lies, they branded us wailing wailers.
The South westerners connived with their slave masters to remove a peaceful man and impose an illiterate dictator who is also a terrorist on us.

I am Happy because I wasn't part of the people that brought this abomination upon this nation.

This is just the beginning of four years of drought and poverty in this Country. Enjoy your change while it lasts.

For your mind now u made sense,hehehehehe
Sharrap joor and watch change come gradually

1 Like

Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by putin3: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2015
That's what happen when an illiterate is ur president.they re busy probing everything nd forget what they should do.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by krixik(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2015
They should all resign or sell off their private jets or forfeit their security allowances and other allowances attached to them. Nonsense. Bunch of Parasitic vampires.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by citizenisb: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Factional President of NLC, Mr. Ayuba Wabba, while insisting that Nigerian workers totally reject the governors’ position, warned that if the governors wanted organised labour to close down the country, labour was ready to do so. He confirmed that the NLC would be meeting today on the platform of the Central Working Committee, CWC, and the issue would feature prominently after which a statement would be released.

Wabba said: “We reject it totally. Nigerian workers will never accept it. We all know that it is a reality that N18,000 can no longer take the workers home and cannot sustain any family. Many countries are reviewing their minimum wage upwards to meet the current realities. In Nigeria, there is even greater need to increase the minimum wage because our currency had been devalued; inflation keeps rising among others.

“What is the relation of the Nigerian currency to the Dollar or what is value of the N18,000 to the Dollar? We are going to reject the move with all our might. We are not the cause of the problem. They should think out of the box to find solution to the problem. When there was excess crude money, the workers did not benefit and so, we cannot bear the brunt. If the governors want us to close down the country, we will do that.

“What about their outrageous salaries, bloated overhead cost, inflated contracts and others? NLC is meeting tomorrow (today) on the organ of the Central Working Committee, CWC. This issue is going to feature prominently and we are going to come with a strong statement on it. Obviously we cannot bear the brunt. They governors should think how to generate revenue instead of depending on oil money and allocation from Abuja.

“The governors should know that the N18,000 minimum wage was not just negotiated, it was a product of a tripartite process involving the governors, employers and organised labour. It passed through the National Assembly before former President Jonathan signed it into law. If any party wants to breach or renege on such agreement, they should be prepared for the consequences.

“We know there are challenges, but the governors should face reality. The problem is the cost of governance and too many frivolities. Today, with crazy bills from electricity providers, increase in fuel price, school fees, hospital bills, and other utilities, N18,000 cannot take any worker to the bus stop. We want to know their salaries as approved by the Revenue and Fiscal Mobilisation Commission, that of their commissioners, advisers and others, their security votes and others.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by Donjowebs(m): 7:40am On Nov 20, 2015
I have read several comments on this issue by fellow Nigerians and none seem to be preferring any kind or form of solution, rather we engage in petty and partisan bickering. From the NGF analysis, oil was $126 p/b when the minimum wage was "forced" on them, what did the 3 levels and arms of government do with the windfall? There were no forms of investment either in human capital development or infrastructures, but local, state and federal government MDAs were overstaffed because everyone wanted a share of the "oyel money". For instance I can recall in Bayelsa state, a lot of people were collecting "salary" under the "Bayelsa Volunteer" scheme for absolutely doing nothing. What about in Rivers and Delta, where I know of people who are the in the employ of local governments who just collect their salary without even setting a foot on the LG secretariat. Until we begin to practise true fiscal federalism Nigeria will continue to be bedevilled by problems like this which have become a reoccurring decimal in our national life, let states find alternative sources of revenue and to not always look to the centre for money. However, more importantly citizens must stand up and demand accountability from those we have collectively entrusted with our commonwealth.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by Abeymills(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2015
Enjoy d change while it last....yeye dey smell apc change change apc evil pary
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by cele360: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
D governors should stop lamenting, they start reducing d cost of governance from d house of rep, slash thier salaries, and stop complaining of #18000 minimum wage, rubbish. is a shame
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by akigbemaru: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2015
Governors cannot pay minimum wages.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by onatisi(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
akigbemaru:
Governors cannot pay minimum wages.
therefore they will sack ppl. Change na change

1 Like

Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
Kirigidi:
Guy, b fair in ur criticsm! Wat was d price of crude oil per barrel at d time Jonathan increasd workers salaries nd wat is d price of d same barrel of oil now? Durin much of Jonathan's regime, crude oil was selling btw $110 nd $126 per barrel. But presently unda dis new regime of Buhari, dis same barrel of crude oil is sellin for a paltry $41, which is just about one-third of d price durin d time of GEJ. So, is it fair to start blamin PMB for dis wen he is not d one who fixes internatnal oil prices? Or u ar just tryin to accuse PMB for bin responsible for fallen price of crude oil? Or u think he is a magician dat shuld just invoke money frm nowhere within less dan six months of his regime? It is very obvious dat more money was available frm sales of crude oil unda GEJ dan it is now unda PMB. Pls lets keep sentiments aside.
I thought he said he would stabilize Oil prices during his campaigns
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by 400billionman: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2015
kernel501:
APC...Body odour will not save any of you.
#Sai Buhari
#Sai Salary Cut

When they were shouting CHANGE in January 2015, i asked them which change, positive abi negative ?

For better abi for worse ?

Now we know better.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by 9jaboi8701(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Three set of people are the problem of this nation. The Judiciary, The governors and the local government chairmen. Quote me anywhere
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by oforma1(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2015
No comment for now till 2 years but I still don't believe in buhari from wat I had from the people that witness his last leadership he brought orderliness but there was hardship in the nation I just hope we are not heading for another one
Any way This is bound to happen is End time. things would go worse but does that know their God shall do exploit cause they don't depend on this nation to bring d blessing but Depend on the God to for the blessing
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by chukkiephil(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2015
dned:

To me, the governors are not the lazy ones but the civil servants who are the acclaimed professionals and technocrats that failed to advice the governors appropriately and putting effort to make sure government programmes works.

Have anyone been close to a top civil servant... you will agree with me that that they don't take their job serious with attitudes like - I no go die for Nigeria, incessant absence from work, eye service and lots more.

The governors just political leaders though I'm not shielding them from blames either.

The civil servants have to brace up to the fact that hard times awaits them. They have been enjoying all through and AIDING CORRUPTION.

We heard Fashola with his lame defence that he does not sign checks.
trust me they do but the decisions lie with the Governors, they don't listen at all!!! Governors are th main problem we have in this country!!!
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by guyXander(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2015
CAVEAT EMPTOR
I cannot assure you that thing will get better but change has come.
Enjoy the change. grin
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by Roks(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Lemme start by saying THUNDA FIRE UNA!!!
U guys can't pay 18k only your handkerchief cost 20k, if Buhari really wants to move Nigeria forward, let the politicians be on minimum wage and let's see if Nigeria will not improve
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by fabolouz1(m): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2015
When I first read this news item in one of the national dailies, I immediately realized our Governor's had gone nuts. There are practically no sector in the nation at the moment that has not been faced with inflation which in this context the present minimum wage cannot sustain. The money most of these Governor's embezzle in a week can sustain their various state workforce in a year. How about the so called security vote? It was reported a certain Governor in one of the South-South state receives a whooping two billion naira a month as security vote(how callous). The truth remains that this anomaly would continue until a revolt take place.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2015
fabolouz1:
When I first read this news item in one of the national dailies, I immediately realized our Governor's had gone nuts. There are practically no sector in the nation at the moment that has not been faced with inflation which in this context the present minimum wage cannot sustain. The money most of these Governor's embezzle in a week can sustain their various state workforce in a year. How about the so called security vote? It was reported a certain Governor in one of the South-South state receives a whooping two billion naira a month as security vote(how callous). The truth remains that this anomaly would continue until a revolt take place.

The simplest but unsustainable solution is to print money and maintain same level of budget at least in Naira.

If you are a Governor and the amount needed to pay workers is 3billion but you can only raise 2billion what will you do?
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by flokii: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
watered:
I'm happy that my vote never brought Buhari to power. Woe betide everyone who was part of bringing this curse upon Nigeria.

My Bible says "Where there is no vision the people perish"

"When the righteous is in authority the people rejoice"

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere grin grin grin

tho. I didn't vote buh I have to say this

Woe be unto you and you generation for making such foolish statement..

you bloody hypocrite... Righteous indeed!
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by alaskido(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Stupid and brainless Governors. They sit on fat and juicy salaries but can not pay just a mere N18,000.00 minimum wage. They are depending on oil only. When Nigeria had not discovered oil we were living on Cocoa, timber, coal, hides and skin, groundnut.

One day be one day the oil go finish, I will see what they will depend on. Useless set of governors. We go shut down this nation one day.
Re: We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! by omolami: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Shameless governors. How many of them are even paying the minimum wage? Nimesis will catch up with all of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Nullifies Candidature Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Kano / Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite / Buhari's Top 10 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.