Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" (21672 Views)

Music: Sexy Steel Ft 9ice – Ishe Kana Ni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Adding third-party libraries for NI Kontakt 5 platform with a file ".Nicnt"

If you use Native Instruments Kontakt or Kontakt Player, you'll notice that third-party libraries that are not registered with Native Instruments do not have player versions, i.e When you try to add one as library, you do get the response "no library found".
So, for you to add a library in Kontakt, you'll need the .nicnt file.
Lemme break it down real quick.
All you need is an app called notepad++ (Google it) it's free.
Now go to the folder where you saved your kontakt libraries. Search for one with .nicnt file.
Copy the file.
Go to any of the libraries without the named file. Paste it there.
Now open the .nicnt file with notepad++ Press Ctrl + H. A dialogue box will appear. Now, type the name of the library that you copied the .nicnt file from, replace it with the name of the library you pasted the new .nicnt file in.
Do it correctly.
Close the dialogue box and locate " SNIPID" in the text. Change the numerical value (use values between 500 and 999). Make sure no two libraries have the same values.
Now Press Ctrl + S.
Rename the .nicnt file to the new library's name.

Eg from "Realivox Blue.nicnt" to "Orange tree samples Acoustic Strings.nicnt"

Add a wallpaper to the library. Name it "wallpaper" and it should be in Png format. Dimensions 300≥440 x 100≥120 for best results.

Open your Daw and load Kontakt 5. Click on Add Library. Locate the library that you just edited. Click ok.
You'll be prompted twice by the NI service control, click yes. And watch the magic happen.

For better results, make sure the Library that you want to edit have the .nki and .nkr files in the main folder.

Keep Making Good Music y'all.
Peace.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks.

I think the nki patch utility does this too?

I had one I use to register patches in K3, dunno
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
overboard:
Thanks.

I think the nki patch utility does this too?

I had one I use to register patches in K3, dunno

Oh really?
This is the manual process though.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
Please what is kontact?
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
DavidGodwin:
Please what is kontact?

When you play ball and your body touches an opponents... just joking!

It's is one of the favourite music samplers and players for samples and sound libraries. It is made by Native Instruments and many reputable sample library and software manufacturers publish their products in the format.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 31, 2015
overboard:

When you play ball and your body touches an opponents... just joking!

It's is one of the favourite music samplers and players for samples and sound libraries. It is made by Native Instruments and many reputable sample library and software manufacturers publish their products in the format.
Funny u. I have some plugins but they seem not to work. Checked online and I saw this same Kontact. Are u a music producer?
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
DavidGodwin:

Funny u. I have some plugins but they seem not to work. Checked online and I saw this same Kontact. Are u a music producer?

Yes indeed. Just like Mr.Producer but I do other things as well.

List the plugins that don't work
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2015
overboard:

Yes indeed. Just like Mr.Producer but I do other things as well.

List the plugins that don't work

Emberton Sax, Emotional Piano, Acous6ix strings. I don't even know how to install them on my pc cos I can't find the set up files in them
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
DavidGodwin:

Emberton Sax, Emotional Piano, Acous6ix strings. I don't even know how to install them on my pc cos I can't find the set up files in them

1 and 2 are powered by Kontakt so you'll need to get something like nI Kontakt 4 or 5. I'll try and find out about Acous6ix, I'm not sure if I had heard of it.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
overboard:

1 and 2 are powered by Kontakt so you'll need to get something like nI Kontakt 4 or 5. I'll try and find out about Acous6ix, I'm not sure if I had heard of it.
Pls sir, how do I go about it? Sorry for disturbing U sir.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
DavidGodwin:

Drop the 'sir'.

You in Lagos?
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
overboard:

Drop the 'sir'.

You in Lagos?
Am in Nasarawa. But I can send someone in Lagos to come and "collect", if it's collectable
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
DavidGodwin:

Visit www.native-instruments.com

Then download the free kontakt player + factory selection.

Follow the installation process. Go back to where you saved your embertone sax and emotional pia o. Move them to a new folder (where your future libraries will be saved).
Run your daw, load kontakt player, click add library, browse through the folder where your libraries are saved, select any library, click ok. If you get "no library found" because embertone sax will do that. Come back to this thread and read from the top.
Good luck
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
MrProducer:

Follow the installation process. Go back to where you saved your embertone sax and emotional pia o. Move them to a new folder (where your future libraries will be saved).
Run your daw, load kontakt player, click add library, browse through the folder where your libraries are saved, select any library, click ok. If you get "no library found" because embertone sax will do that. Come back to this thread and read from the top.
Good luck
Thanks sir. I'll try it out
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
DavidGodwin:

Please angry. Thank you
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
MrProducer:

Please angry. Thank you
LOL. Sorry no vex. That's how I am
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by overboard(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
MrProducer:

Good luck

Mr.Producer, so Kontakt Player is sufficient for those libraries? Some of my libraries usually need the full Kontakt engine. Dunno...

@ DavidGodwin, try what MrProducer said... we'll see where it goes from there.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
overboard:

Mr.Producer, so Kontakt Player is sufficient for those libraries? Some of my libraries usually need the full Kontakt engine. Dunno...

@ DavidGodwin, try what MrProducer said... we'll see where it goes from there.

I recommended that so that he should try it first, if he likes it, then, he should go for the full version
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
MrProducer:

I recommended that so that he should try it first, if he likes it, then, he should go for the full version
Thanks guys. I'll try it out
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by hpiano(m): 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Bosses... Respect.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by ChynoBEATS: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2016
overboard:

Mine keeps saying library not found..... I think I'm gonna re-install the ish .. sad
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by EbenzMedia: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
BADDEST PROMO EVER

Record a song for #6000 and have a music video studio shooting for #20,000 and get benefits like free online promotion on two sites,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. Promo ends soon so hurry now before its too late. Contact 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

You can reach us on +2347032617747 for any of the following services

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by smoby(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2016
can u please upload the file
Re: Adding Third-party Libraries For NI Kontakt 5 Platform With A File ".nicnt" by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
smoby:
can u please upload the file
If you have Kontakt 5 and You have the factory selection library, go to your library folder, you'll see one with a .NICNT file. Right click and open it with notepad++. Save a copy of it in another location for future use

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Music Producer For Famous Artistes? / Professional Dj For Your Event Or Club / Learn How To Play The Keyboard/piano For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.