Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Missing 105 Soldiers: See Military Reaction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing 105 Soldiers: See Military Reaction (493 Views)

2 Civil Servants Sentenced To 105 Years Imprisonment In Abuja Over 1bn Fraud / The Truth About The 105 Soldiers That Went Missing Last Month / 105 Soldiers Missing After An Head To Head Gun Battle With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missing 105 Soldiers: See Military Reaction by julixomo: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2015

The Nigerian army has denied recent online reports that some 105 soldiers are missing after a clash with Boko Haram insurgents in Borno state.

Maj.-Gen.Yushau Abubakar, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, while fielding questions from newsmen in Maiduguri on Thursday, said the report lacked substance.

“I read the report on social media too, some were even saying that the SO was abducted, but I spoke with him a while ago.

More on the 105 missing soldiers here: http://www.09ja.com/2015/11/19/nigerian-military-confirms-105-soldiers-commanding-officer-missing/

“It is true that our troops were attacked after we captured Gulumba town in Borno, however, our men have successfully repelled the attack,” he said.

“I am telling you that our soldiers are standing firm in the area and they are flushing whatever Boko Haram remnants in the area,” he said.

Source: [url]09ja.com[/url]

Share your opinion

(1) (Reply)

Wickedness -fulani Herdsmen Kill Palmwine Tapper In Delta State / Man Caught Trying To Steal A Generator From A Church / Reducing Crime Using Human Psychology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.