Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake (730 Views)

Soldier Dies While Returning From Official Duty In Adamawa State. Photos / Young Man Saved From Drowning In Suleja Flood Near Abuja. Photos / FG Bars Chibok Girls From Sharing Experiences With Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by Brownville007: 11:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
A 13 Year old Nigerian Born Ricky Osagie has died a day after trying to rescue two girls who falls into trouble after one of them slips into deep water. Osagie was rescued from the deep water but gave up the ghost a day after the incident due to sustained injuries.

Brave-Ricky-Osagie

Described by his parents as 'an angel,' his mother Lydia Osagie said outside Dublin Coroner’s Court after an in inquest into her son's death that he was "kind and loving and generous."

"He was the laughter of the family with a happy smile," she said.

"He was a talented footballer with many trophies.

"He was promising and loved by all.

Kelly-Osagie

“He was taken away from us without warning. We remember him every day.

"He was our best friend, our angel, our son and we are missing him,” she said.

According to the statement released by the mother to the Inquest set up to look into his death, Ricky, though ‘not a swimmer’ dived out into deeper water at Waterville Park, Dublin, on June 20 2014, to help two girls in difficulty.

One of the girls, Orla Opara said both girls were struggling after her friend Sarah Ishinyama slipped into deeper water.

“We were all having a water fight. I was away from the others near the drop where the pond gets deeper and Sarah came over.

"She slipped and screamed and we both went under," reports the Irish Mirror.

"I tried to grab her but she was moving around underwater. I was struggling to breathe,” she said.

Source: Source: www.gistrepublic.com/13-years-old-nigerian-boy-ricky-osagie-dies-while-trying-to-save-drowning-girls-from-a-lake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by akwana: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Brave brave act. May his soul rest in peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by StOla: 1:17am On Nov 20, 2015
Look before you leap.

But,
greater love has no man than for him to lay down his life for his friends.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by HARDBUOI: 1:34am On Nov 20, 2015
rip young hero angry
i kno are resting in HIS bossom
Re: 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by Eboski(m): 3:29am On Nov 20, 2015
Rip young hero...
Re: 13 Years Old Nigerian Boy Dies While Trying To Save Drowning Girls From A Lake by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 20, 2015
RIP

(1) (Reply)

Pre-election Violence: Photo Showing Injured Female DPO In Kogi State / Why I Opposed Subsidy Proposals In Buhari’s Supplementary Budget - Leo Ogor / You Looted The Country Too Recklessly – Presidency Blast Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.