Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (59626 Views)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by cezarman(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Hmm
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by LesbianBoy(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2015
Lol
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by chris4gold(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2015
been an international transaction, contact your account officer with d prove of digital products you sold .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Missonas(f): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2015
Go to the bank with your complaints.Hope you have done your BVN reg.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ibrutex(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2015
be right back....
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by GENTLETEE(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2015
In all fairness the fault is not from UBA but from your client who I perceive to be fraudulent. Why is your client incommunicado if he doesn't know what he is up to? Get your client physically and your problem is solved!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by odeyemilizzy(f): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2015
Pls make a fast move before somethin else apen may u contact his bank 2 get info abt him 2 locate. God will help u inresoving the issue

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by omoharry(f): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2015
Go to EFCC..With all the history of your business transaction as well as the customers details..if it is confirmed that you are involved in a legit business and all you have said is correct, the police can take a court order to get the Identity of this client of yours as well as his location from the bank and do the needful...act fast now. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Tamakay(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2015
I think imas has solved ur problem. Or is it a dog bite dog business u are into?
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by solidman59(m): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Dude is $832 equal to N200k? Just my thoughts tho

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by kunzo: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Why are you now blaming UBA?

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by haruna1970(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Get yourself a soldier @ 82 div. Go to fcmb and report the case. Let them know your soldier friend is interested in the case. Then do underground investigation about his company online. You might have a headway. When you get him, get him shot. He deserve it. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by martinsaba: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
gozaks:
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.

i think the best way is to locate the said company, you can try to google the company, find thier address and go there, then you can take it from there, when you are sure of the location report d matter to a police station that is within their jurisdiction if your business is legit though.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by beejay247: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
It's likely you've been scammed by the person that sent you the money

The person who sent the money might not be the owner of the account...(he hacked into the real owner account and transfer the funds)

Maybe the owner of the account was the person who called the bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by haggdon: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I don't have a solution to your problem but i pray God will help you to overcome this awkward situation you have gone through. If you don't have advice to give to the OP, you should not dissuade him

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by fxjohn2: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2015
See serious police case, you better get serious and do the needful or just forget the cash
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Dinocarex(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
The guy u did transaction with is a fraudulent person. He is a crook. A big crook!!! Immediately, u acknowledge that u saw the money, he called his bank to tell them the transaction was mistake that they should reverse the transaction....

Crooks everywhere and they will be blaming the Govt. for every bad thing in this Nation.

A successful nation starts from down to the top. Not from top to down.... Hiliary Clinton (2007).

God will catch him... Go to the FCMB bank and lay the complain to them. They might provide the name of the person and go and report to ICPC or EFCC. U may think that's a long process but I'm sure if the 200k was so small to overlook... U wouldn't be here on nairaland complaining.

God bless ur handiwork. The people from ur village won't send u back to ur village empty handed. Amen!!

14 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by rexoluj(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
whao
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by idris4eva(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
The guy has play a fast one on u op.........better involve police

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by jaydee87(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
pls visit your clients bank and lodge the complain to them or you send a mail to the bank with regards the issue the man is a fraud and needs to be in chains A only god knows how many ppl he has done this to.. its not UBA 's fault my brother....

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by onatisi(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Op,the bank has given you the normal common sense problem to this issue. Go and meet the client that asked his bank to block that payment and resolve the issue with him or her. It is obvious one of you is a dangerous criminal and fraudster either you or your customer.if you are clean ,meet your client,he wil then send a request to the bank that all is well.
What I don't understand is ,why the bank hasn't reversed the payment,most likely the client felt he could play a fast one by asking the bank to reverse it. But since the bank hasn't reversed it. Do the necessary,get a lawyer to notify the client and resolve the issue
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2015
End time bank
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Sanchase: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2015
The police is not your friend, if you can forfeit it and move on better. Its a new fraudulent tactics, this issue will cause you pain but you can endure it and move on. Its one of the downside of IT systems in Nigeria.

Better luck next time.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2015
Who are the people saying UBA has no fault in this.
Your bank needs to make you have confidence in them.

Your client scammed you and reported to his bank.
His bank FCMB did the right thing immediately.
UBA as well did the right thing immediately.
You have trusted your bank (UBA) too much that you haven't gone to the police.

UBA should have investigated this for almost a month.
They should have contacted FCMB, get the customers details. Phone and email and confirm what is happening.
UBA should have told you as their customer that they will keep the money till the issue is resolved. That way you are assured the money is not reversed.

It could be that the client doubted you at first and went to report you.

12 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by AZeD1(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2015
Did you by chance get the money from a guy called Arif?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ifeomaekol(f): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Is there any way u cn reach d company u had d transaction wt one on one? Instead of thru d phone if yes, then try n go to dia company n lay ur complain, involve d police n court if possible. And also get to d regional manager of d bank, its something dt cn be sorted out easily bt banks being wat they r these days ll wnt to totally stress u out. Dts is y online transcations is nt good @least for nw in nigeria. Try n get hold of d attention of dt company fast, thru them u ll lay hold of d man u had d transcation wt.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Balkan(m): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2015
If FCMB could protect their customers interest, why can't UBA protect their customer too.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Damfostopper(m): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2015
end tym banks

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by d33jy85: 9:30am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.
My friend shut up!! UBA is a useless bank When i reported fraud on my acct. they allowed the person to take out the money and asked for all types of bullshit even tho the person uses UBA as well and till this day they cannot find out who the person is. so OP just 4get about that money bc the time it will take to retrieve d money u have spent more than 200k anyways thats my 2 kobo wink

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by joenaija: 9:30am On Nov 20, 2015
Complain to bitcoin...ask them to reverse the $832 or at least blacklist him before he defrauds another person. As for UBA/FCMB, go to court and ask them to prove their case. For someone to block your account, the onus (borrowed legal term) is on them to prove the case. In fact, accuse their staff of trying to seize funds in your account fraudulently. Its either the produce the guy that gave them the instruction or they release your account. After all they are mandated by CBN to do proper KYC (Know your customer).

16 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by xlam01: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2015
The Police will do little or no help here. If you have a friend who is a lawyer who will help you out free or without charging you much, that will suffice. again, go to FCMB bank of any branch and report Bluehill Investment as a fraudster and also provide FCMB the details of transaction. So that FCMB will flag Bluehill Investment's account also to avoid funds reversal.

Advice : When you are dealing with "Registered" Company with email such as Bluehill Investment i.e bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com, it's 50-50 because a genuine registered Company will have the Company's domain name E.g bluehillinvestment@bluehill.com or bluehillinvestment@bluehill.com.ng

I wish you luck in getting your Money back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by kunzo: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Trut:
Another UBA wahala thread. I don't even know why people are still using UBA for banking.

Did you read and understand the post at all or you are just jumping for FTC?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.