Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm Sec Over N500bn Scam --PUNCH - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm Sec Over N500bn Scam --PUNCH (576 Views)

FG To Restructure, Recapitalise Boa With N500bn / N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets / EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm. Sec Over N500bn Scam-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm Sec Over N500bn Scam --PUNCH by slimgold123(f): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has commenced a full scale investigation into how funds appropriated to the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation, for the Sure-P programme between 2013 and 2014 were spent. Investigation revealed that operatives of the commission were quizzing the immediate- past Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Mrs. Nkechi Ejele, for her role in the alleged mismanagement of the N500bn Sure-P fund.

The former permanent secretary arrived the Idiagbon House, headquarters of the commission, by 10am on Thursday and was still being interrogated as of the time of filing this report by 4.20pm. Our correspondent could not get the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, to comment on the story as calls to his mobile telephone line did not connect.

But a top operative who confided in our correspondent said that the outcome of the interrogation of the former permanent secretary would determine the direction and scope of the investigation. The source said, “The operatives of the commission are investigating the Sure-P issue now.

“Today, the immediate-past Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation, Mrs. Nkechi Ejele, came in response to an invitation and she is still being grilled. “She arrived the commission’s headquarters by 10am and was immediately taken into the interrogation room for the probe.

“The lady is still with the operatives in charge of the investigation.”

Copyright PUNCH.

http://punchng.com/efcc-quizzes-ex-perm-sec-over-n500bn-scam/

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm Sec Over N500bn Scam --PUNCH by HungerBAD: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2015
500 Billion?

I give up, i am going to bed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-perm Sec Over N500bn Scam --PUNCH by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
HungerBAD:
500 Billion?
I give up, i am going to bed.
Lol!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Up My Stanbic Ibtc Bank Credit Card That Only Works On Internationa / 10 Reasons Why Bad People Succeed / Top 10 Small Businesses To Start In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.