Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah (14546 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / 2016 Budget: Senate Frets Over Fg's Unpreparedness To Submit MTEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by benedictnsi(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2015
By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief
The failure of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari to present its 2016 Budget proposals to the National Assembly, less than one and a half months to the end of the current Fiscal Year is a demonstration of its unpreparedness for governance, the Executive Director of the Centre for Social Justice, CSJ, Mr. Eze Onyekpere, has said.

He spoke at the roundtable meeting on Budget Transparency and Public Engagement in Budget Process, following the release of the Open Budget Survey 2015, in Abuja , yesterday.

“That the executive has not presented the 2016 budget to the National Assembly until now shows the unpreparedness of the current administration in matters of governance”, Mr. Onyekpere said.

He noted that by the provisions of the Fiscal Responsibility Commission Act, 2007, the reviewed Medium Term Economic Framework, MTEF, should have been approved by the National Assembly, and that the 2016 budget should have almost been passed by the legislature, by now.

His words, “Right now , we don’t have the MTEF to underpin the budget and we don’t have the budget. The implication is that the budget is going to be presented very late and it may not be ready until the end of the first quarter of 2016, which has been the usual tradition. The implications are not funny for the administration of the Nigerian people.

That means that the capital budget will be delayed and by the time they approve it in March, April or May, it will be raining season and all out-door constructions will stop.

“So we are continuing the cycle of poor capital budget implementation and of course that would mean addressing less of the needs of the Nigerian people who are suffering infrastructure deficit and also attending to less of the poor because the majority of Nigerians are poor and the budget is expected to address their needs.”

What to do

Mr. Onyekpere who is a budget enthusiast said that the federal government should hurry up the preparation of the budget and present it to the NASS since it has already lost a lot of time with a view to seeing what could be in an already bad situation.

“They should give it to the NASS before the Christmas and New Year break, so that they can complete work on it before the end of the first quarter of next year,” he said

Recurrent/Capital budgets imbalance

On the lopsidedness of the federal government budget against capital votes, the CSJ boss said that it would remain a major challenge for the Buhari team, considering the fact that the bulk of the recurrent goes to personnel cost, but that it should think on how to improve the funding of capital expenditure through saving a lot of money by plugging every leakage and using other sources of funding outside of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

In a message, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, called for a greater public participation in the budget process as according to him, “a budget should not be a secret instrument” and that the CBN would be glad to see Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, actively participate in both the budget preparations process and implementation monitoring.

Mr. Emefiele who was represented by the Director, Finance Department, Mrs. Tope Omage, said, “for a budget to be effective, it must be approved before the period which it is to be implemented,” and that the CBN would play sufficiently its roles in the implementation of the federal government budget.

Also speaking, Engr. Babatunde Kuye who stood in for the Director-General of the Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, Engr. Emeka Eze said that the organization saved the federal government over N650 billion in inflated contracts between 2012 and 2014.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/2016-budget-delay-shows-unpreparedness-of-buahri-administration/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by ERAKAMUS: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari that's still Celebrating his VICTORY.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by benedictnsi(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
Buhari that's still Celebrating his VICTORY.

Lol grin You mean he never begin im leadership yet

Oga Lalasticlala thanks for the modification and forwarding to FP...... Two of my posts on FP tongue I d feel like viviangist grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by ERAKAMUS: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

Lol grin You mean he never begin im leadership yet
OYA NA SIDDON THERE. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmmm, Wetin I wan tok sef, d tin wey I read xterday don made my eyes clear, state Gorverment can no longer pay 18,000 as minimum wage??
Anyway!! I won't be surprised if they ask us to start making individual donations for them to run the government, coz am still wondering what direction this country is heading towards. Back or forth?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by benedictnsi(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
OYA NA SIDDON THERE. cheesy

[size=16pt]
So the one chance never even start sef and things dey like this...... If dem come start nko na im b say fire go burn Atlantic Ocean oooo grin
[/size]

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by ERAKAMUS: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

So the one chance never even start sef and things dey like this...... If dem come start nko grin
Person wen still dey find fearless Judges/Lawyers to use prosecute looters. kikikiki.

#OneChance.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
Imagine!,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by localblood(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nigerians blood can hot!

1 Like

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by actuspurus: 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
please can some body define confusion for me, Buhari is left in the excluded middle, GEJ digitalised the federal system of government in this country, because I heard GEJ mentioning electronic wallet to fight corruption, u don't expect some one who rarely understands the commands of contemporary words to blend easily..... please let's give Buhari some time to understand English....

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by baralatie(m): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
actuspurus:
please can some body define confusion for me, Buhari is left in the excluded middle, GEJ digitalised the federal system of government in this country, because I heard GEJ mentioning electronic wallet to fight corruption, u don't expect some one who rarely understands the commands of contemporary words to blend easily..... please let's give Buhari some time to understand English....
that time is costing Nigeria 4.45% drop in GDP and growth rates.do you understand the problems now??

27 Likes

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by obailala(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
With the plan to run a zero based budget, it would definitely take a long time for the 2016 budget to be prepared. Besides, with the ministers just appointed few days ago, it would be wishful thinking to even expect a budget by February.

12 Likes

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/2016-budget-delay-shows-unpreparedness-of-buahri-administration/

Will buhari do everything,even to prepare budget.
Well help ur self and make money no charge.check my signature
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

Cc: Lalasticlala

Will buhari do everything,even to prepare budget.
Well help ur self and make money no charge

1 Like

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Djicemob: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
Just when i thought the cluelessness of jonathan cannot be surpassed.

7 Likes

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by osaslord500(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by babalonshee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
k
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by noblealuu: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONFUSIONISTS, (APC) cool

QUOTE ME EVERY WHERE! embarassed

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by chiedu7: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
A
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by harrysterol(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
The president is not prepared for anything except to sip kunu, 8months just to select ministers another 9months to submit budget of 2016...
Let president just know that the sluggishness of this administration has grounded virtually everything

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by osaslord500(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
End time news grin
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Henryblaise800(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
ok
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by osaslord500(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=15pt]End time news[/size] grin

1 Like

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by 20bc(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
I have nothing to say...
Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by chynie: 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin Buhari never see something. How e wan do budget person wey forget himself

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by demarc001: 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nothing new, afterall that's why he is called Baba go slow!

4 Likes

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by philips70(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Eze Onyekpere

Na the same people.

IPOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘2016 Budget Delay Shows Unpreparedness Of Buhari's Administration’ - Emma Ujah by Whizzdom(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Budget or no budget, make una stop for-my-self-only tradition abd thinging about the poor nigerians that secured those seats of powers for you.
Do good my people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Disowns Group That Accused Osinbajo Of Manipulation. / Buhari At 76: Reno Omokri Asks Buhari About The 76 Soldiers Lost / Nnamdi Kanu’s Legal Team To Challenge October 21 Adjournment Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.