Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,312 members, 7,954,250 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. (905 Views)

Attack Me, Not Igbo, Sultan To Northern Youths / Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Egheomhanre Eyieyien Dies After Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by Dhugal: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dear Northern youths,
Do you know why some of us don't blink
anymore at the Boko haram activities and
never talk about it?
I cannot be crying more than the bereaved. I
cringe everytime the "bomb goes boom" then I
weep for the dead and move. The northern
youths are the most blank people I know. My
apologies to the few sensible ones first of all.
Your number is being reduced drastically,
under your watch boko haram and Fulani
herdsmen snatched the first and the fourth
most deadliest terror groups. Everybody
blames you. Everybody calls you name. Your
young's girls were carted away in the middle
of the night in a ridiculous drama, your
daughters and children are either being used
as bomb detonators or being decimated by
bombs.
Your region is blessed with so much.you have
the real gold in agriculture but your people
are suffering most from malnutrition, when
there is an outbreak of an epidemic it starts
with you. Your leaders have been in power for
over 36 years. The Nigerian state is 55 years
mind you yet you are the poorest region. You
have children who wake up in the morning and
hit the road to beg ,yet you are not ashamed.
You wanted power so much. It has been given
back to you. You have had it for six months
now guess who is suffering most You.
The rich among you are very rich and powerful
and hand you peanuts and you prostrate for
them. They dash you crumbs and you rejoice.
Ask those of your brothers who have left to
other regions to make a living why they never
come home unless it is to find a wife or do
something. They go there and discover equity
and fairness. The Igbos will never give you fish
but the will teach you how to fish, the Yourbas
will put you to shame with their hard work.The
entire south region abhor poverty and
injustices. Why won't you ask yourself " what
are we doing wrong??
You have never for one day risen in anger
against the bastardization of your land. Your
land is flowing with blood. Blood that will one
day speak against you. You have not asked
yourself, why am I not as fearless as my
brothers from other region? You see us attack
our own and they shake in fear, you never
speak against yours because you think it is
their sole right to be powerful, while you
remain impoverished. Have you ever asked
yourself if this folks can give me 1k there must
be 100k, why don't you want that 100k??
Your fellow youths were blown to smithereens
days ago because somebody was sharing
ordinary five hundred naira and youths with
potentials were killed. Are you not angry
When will you protest against injustices,
poverty, neglect and senseless deaths??
When I ask you But a gathering of small
brained folks under the umbrella of a
ridiculous name has protested against the
Biafra youths who are simply asking for
freedom of one of their own , perceived
injustice to their region and the freedom to
leave Nigeria . Not a bomb has been dropped,
not a single bullet has been fired. That
mammoth crowd has been protesting
peacefully for two weeks now. Yet you with the
Iroko tree in your eyes want to remove the lid
from their eyes and you wonder why they do
not want to be associated with you? Ask
yourself again what the oil has against water??
Wake up!!!! Do the right thing!!! Take the
shackles of your feet's!!!! Fight for your
future!! Stand up for yourselves!!! Then may be
we can talk about the one Nigeria project. For
now DONT RAIN ON THEIR PARADE!!!
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153268020337914&id=521527913&p=10&refid=52&_ft_=qid.6219201693591554074%3Amf_story_key.5768543995141739011

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by kosovo(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
Classic undecided

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
Fantastic

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by Dhugal: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
Question is,will they even read the letter,not to talk of acting positively on its content.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by ernesty20(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Northerners are senseless. Thats why they act like goats

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by omolami: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
This one na preaching to the Northern youths. They have all been brainwashed not to think for themselves. All they know is how to hail, barka Dede etc for crunch .They sit on bare floor while their brain watchers seat on chair They have been left as Almajiris tugs , always ready to die.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by OKKO(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
That's it
Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by orunto27: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
Well done.The piece is well researched.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by lawrenceunaa: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nice piece but illiteracy and brainwashing won't let them believe the above post

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by Lawyer7(f): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
Needs an experienced lawyer?Call 08188861531or 08150731062
Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by vladimiros: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=13pt]The Think that because their Politicains are in Power that their poverty and illiteracy does not matter..

I blame quota system
[/size]
Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by dsquare33: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
How I wish the Op goes to BBC Hausa radio station to read this classic piece to the hearing of the listeners. The average Northerner is an illiterate, I am sure most of them are not on facebook because they have been brainwashed to believe that anything from the west is antiIslamic( served in Kaduna State).Northners are only bound by religion and tribe, every other thing is called oppression of the rich on the poor. If anybody wants to see the effect of poverty in Nigeria, he should visit the North, until the oppressed in that region cry out against the injustice will they have true freedom in every sense of the world.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by mike404(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
THEIR SOUTH-WASTE SLAVES ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND
Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by anigbogukelvin(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
IN MY WHOLE LIFE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS KIND OF BEAUTIFUL ADVISE FROM A NIGERIAN TO A NIGERIAN. ****CLAPPING TILL TMRW FOR THIS

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Our Northern Youths - Culled From A Facebook Post. by richeso: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
WHAT AN EXCELLENT WRITE UP. PLS I WISH TO MEET THIS WRITER IN PERSON.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Ffk's Rubbish On Buhari Shaking The Queen's Hand / Again Buhari Leaves For Overseas As Nations Security Challenges Continue / SENATORIAL RE-RUN: Idoma Students Endorses Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.