Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,467 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) (69999 Views)

Emir Sanusi: "If You Don't Have Money, Don't Give Birth To Many Children" / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Eddy2cute(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2015
krall69:
Is your friend not an able bodied man? Did he think he can just hijack somebody's daughter for free?

If you dont want to give them 50 gallons of palmwine pay in cash instead.
gu let person hear word! U wan talk say u never fvck any babe 4 free b4? Abi those free once no be person daughters?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Mekky05(m): 10:57am On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

Me I go marry fulani person. Them go just flog me afterwhich dem go carry my wife give me free-of-charge grin cheesy
Talk is cheap my brother.. When the canning starts,your brain will do an automatic reset and u will quickly fly down to Nsukka and give them 500k cash and marry that girl.

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by viktor01(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:
disaster is when you pay half a million or a jaw dropping sum of Money for a nagging wife or someone that can only prepare indomie .
someone that can't cook Our very dear jellof rice.
someone that will chase all your friends away.

God bless you.
na end time desperate ladies full everywhere now.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by safarigirl(f): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
killsmith:
or cheat on you...
the ones they marry for thirty naira are the ones that cheat. Those ones with five children from 3 different men. Igbo marriages are the most stable in the entire South.

A woman who cheats on her husband in parts of Igbo land will either die or run mad. Dem no dey train ashi

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Fourwinds: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
nobody is selling anybody. Do you know how many cows you buy if you want to marry an Hausa girl? When you go to marry an Edo girl, you drop money to enter her father's compound, drop to enter the house, drop to see the chic.... spend at least 30k to see one girl wey you Don see finish. In Cross River, women go into a fattening room before marriage where they are fed till they gain weight, is it every man that wants a fat woman? Abi did he not know of her size before asking her hand in marriage? These are people's cultures, you may not understand it, but you shouldn't ridicule it either.

While a white man will try to understand a culture, the black man just ridicules it. This a bad attitude.
this Safarigirl need kiss dis morning......Muuuuuuuaaaahhhh.!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by lakeside30: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
sissylucy:
na wa o...itx expensive xha

but op u no suppose yab d girl na...na person Wife-to-be...wetin u mean sef poly no b higher institution

Polytechnic Na higher institution b4?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by chukel(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
Lol@ 1 big wagon of pigs.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Fourwinds: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
nobody is selling anybody. Do you know how many cows you buy if you want to marry an Hausa girl? When you go to marry an Edo girl, you drop money to enter her father's compound, drop to enter the house, drop to see the chic.... spend at least 30k to see one girl wey you Don see finish. In Cross River, women go into a fattening room before marriage where they are fed till they gain weight, is it every man that wants a fat woman? Abi did he not know of her size before asking her hand in marriage? These are people's cultures, you may not understand it, but you shouldn't ridicule it either.

While a white man will try to understand a culture, the black man just ridicules it. This a bad attitude.
this Safarigirl need kiss dis morning......Muuuuuuuaaaahhhh.!!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by lakeside30: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2015
sissylucy:
na wa o...itx expensive xha

but op u no suppose yab d girl na...na person Wife-to-be...wetin u mean sef poly no b higher institution

Polytechnic Na higher institution b4? No be glorified secondary school?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by kingsley1992: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2015
What will u say of imo
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:

haha so dem still dey put woman for fattening room in this mordern age? Na waoooooh.by the way on the issue of culture.selling your dauther to the highest bidder and making it that its all about money no be positive tradition.even oyibo ppl fit frown at am the same way dem no agree with human sacrifices and d killing of twins way back.A man must pay dowry and other things cos its our culture but when parents they hike prices cos dem dey reason how much dem wan hammer dat one na greed oo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by pweetychyka(f): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

Bros, how many able bodied men can afford such fee? abeg how much be minimum wage? grin

[size=4pt]abeg shift one side with ur able-bodiness[/size]

Abeg help me ask am!

Even d 18k wen dem dey pay for minimum wage, some governors dey even cry say dey can no longer afford to pay 18k for d minimum wage again!

I really feel for we Igbo babes wen neva marry!
And wit dis situation na em dem still dey clamour for Biafra.... smh for all dis Igbo kinsmen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
If the expenses pass 50k

I no dey do again

take ur daughter and marry her urself

hahahahahahah
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by princejayboss: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2015
sonofananimal:
good forbid rather use that money in something productive than to spend it uselessly on one simple organic substance.

It's just like you are paying for her which you can't compare to prostitution.

That's why many women will become slave to their husband because we bought them with some amount of money

Oga.... If you look at the list you see that there other things like the money for the cook, decorations and so on ....

As far as my personal opinion is concern...marry her if you have the money

Besides in Igbo land its not a must that you provide all that once .... You can do the important ones and complete them over the years as you live with the girl though this depends on the relationship between you and your in-laws.

My brother god forbid you are saying is that you have not yet want to marry or you don't have money to marry ..... Do you think is easy to find the right woman when the time comes ......

As for me .... I can pay that money 1000x to have wife over and over again cos she worth it

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by MrAboki: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2015
Fourwinds:
keep selling ur daughters... after d payment whatever dat happens to her don't talk sha....because u have sold her

Wait o..

How much are my Cars worth?

How much is my House?

Total material asset value nko? angry

Then because you brought 1 million Naira to spend on marriage festivities, you think you have earned the right to get an invoice or bill of sale?

If I were to sell them as slaves, I wouldn't accept 20 million Naira for them. So stop feeling like you are entitled because you sent some lousy sum on a Traditional wedding ceremony.

This poor in spirit mentality is not something to be proud of.

If the girl is worth it, I will drop a stack on it. Jacob for bible do house boy for 14 years to pay for ehn wife bride price. 500k and you dey make noise. angry

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by achi4u(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2015
The problem is not even that 500k na the unforeseen expenses that will follow during the whole Bazaar is the real problem .
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:

This is not to bash any tribe because apart from Africans there are many cultures outside Africa that engages in brideprice, all I said is I am not on any side, now there's a difference between bride price and bills to handle during the wedding. and yes someone is being sold, Bride Price is cash given to the family for the bride, that's a transaction but i can agree with you that it doesn't determine the value of the wife, as it's just a price agreed upon by the family. But anything that has an exchange in return for money my idea has been sold.

That's just the literal way to see it , and I do not have anything against the igbo culture or any culture in Africa which is why my stance started with I am not on any side about the bride price. I only replied to correct a wrong analogy.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
the ones they marry for thirty naira are the ones that cheat. Those ones with five children from 3 different men. Igbo marriages are the most stable in the entire South.

A woman who cheats on her husband in parts of Igbo land will either die or run mad. Dem no dey train ashi
lol many igbo ladies cheat on their husbands.na normal thing for there and dem no dey run mad.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Benbelor(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2015
iamrealdeji:
so,Nsuka is a town? I used to think it's just a name of a University
No Nsukka na kingdom! Mmke una dey travel una sey no
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Gidi3020(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2015
Something is seriously missing outaa that list oo.... OKPA nko??
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Aitee1: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Handsomebeing:

Yes o. That's why I don't allow her extended relative near my house. They showed me pepper.

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by thundafire: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2015
i will simply pay but after that it signals the end 2 my relationship with the family neva will i pick their calls or visit them

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by noblegrex: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

Me I go marry fulani person. Them go just flog me afterwhich dem go carry my wife give me free-of-charge grin cheesy
MAD man. Hahahahahahahahahahahaa.I laugh my eyes commot tears. Stingy or smart! No u b stingy man.BABA IJEBU.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
so marriage is not about love again ?

I hope you go use love pay house rent
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by oluamid(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2015
[size=15pt]Wait ooo! which one is Phase I, Phase II, Phase III?

Na Estate Wife?[/size]

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

I hope you go use love pay house rent
they are living somewhere before marriage init?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Aitee1: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2015
Benbelor:
No Nsukka na kingdom! Mmke una dey travel una sey no

cheesy cheesy

Is not even a matter of travelling, honestly yolobas are the most dumb what stops them from reading wide, these days information is so cheap but they prefer to depend on the stereotypes hateful stories told by their forefathers about other tribes

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Khez: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2015
They are greedy in laws, maybe the girl nor dey rich like that sha....

Ur complaining self, wait until you see mbaise own in imo state, you'd get the girl pregnant and marry her like that, abi na Abia own??, tufiakwa

Finally I think Anambra might be the better place to pick a wife sha, their in laws are mostly rich and will cut down expenses for you....... Specially Nnewi!!!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Ajibel(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2015
Err pls my gf is from Imo so what would be d cost of bride price considering i am "onye obia"
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by safarigirl(f): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2015
lefulefu:
lol many igbo ladies cheat on their husbands.na normal thing for there and dem no dey run mad.
cheating is normal in Yoruba land, not in Igbo land. Anybody disputing this fact is in denial

If you try it in Igbo land, not only will you get chased out, you won't marry any Igbo man and if you have daughters, they might find it difficult to marry.

There is a reason why divorce rates are the least in the Eastern part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2015
**stands up and applause this**

Well said Safari..... Well said.....*smiles*

safarigirl:

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by flokii: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

grin badt guyy

after dat flogging... d wife sef go hear am for night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.