Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram (20584 Views)

Pipeline Bombings: Retired Soldiers, Ex-agitators Mobilize Against Avengers / Soldiers Celebrate After Successful Attack Against Boko Haram / US Deploys Ground Forces Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by jomoh: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
oshe11:
wud av been a welkum developmnt oo, bt Bubu wont accept dem....... Kos accepting foreign aides is a sin of weakness...... Oh sori...! I 4got he neva sed dat

Yes it is a sign of weakness. Not because you appear weak but because they will use it to enslave you and eventually make you weak as a Nation.

Ever heard the saying "There's no free meal in free town". Guess what it is the gospel truth when dealing with anything involving "western nation".

Try reading this book "Confession of an Economic Hitman" written by a former american economic spy. You can search for it online. You will understand why it is very dangerous to receive such aides.

1 Like

Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ban ki Moon has been patient awhile, he was counting on the numbers of dead souls in the northern Nigeria. he even rated boko haram with the Isis. perhaps, he said the population in d northern part of Nigeria was too much, now that it has decrease. finally he said, am ready to act like fela kuti.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by dyn1800: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
I don't think we need their evil to control ours ..... They will bring no good but traumA.... I don't trust all this western people ......
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by kayalla(f): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
i was just asking this today, where the hell is UN with all these things going on? na now they remember, they ve always thought Nigeria is not a priority when it comes to terrorism, but now that is getting out of hand and BH now the No 1 terrorist group in the world, they re welcome if they want to ..
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by josigaderoyal(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Y
Gelengelen:
buhari should just die now now...useless daura, kunu drinking, brainless animal!

You're just a perfect foooooool. More surprised that another bigot and slowpoke like you will click like.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Brightology2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
Yes he should die now
Gelengelen:
buhari should just die now now...useless daura, kunu drinking, brainless animal!
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Brightology2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Iseeeh
Gelengelen:
I thought d dauura bastard saiid he will lead d war at the forefront.

may sango strike him down.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
braine:
No!!! We don't want their help!! Where have they been all these years?? Now that baba is almost wiping them out, they want to come and take credit. No way! lipsrsealed
credit? Your soldiers are missing little benin has invaded your land is that your supposed credit
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Vado(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
No disrespect but an errand boy of UN, isn't UN per se. All they've got for us are sympathy wishes and condemnation whenever Boko strikes.

Anybody expecting to see boys strapped in camos and blue helmets on Nigerian soil is on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by oshe11: 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
jomoh:

Yes it is a sign of weakness. Not because you appear weak but because they will use it to enslave you and eventually make you weak as a Nation.

Ever heard the saying "There's no free meal in free town". Guess what it is the gospel truth when dealing with anything involving "western nation".

Try reading this book "Confession of an Economic Hitman" written by a former american economic spy. You can search for it online. You will understand why it is very dangerous to receive such aides.
bro! I no, bt den again anytin is beta dan dis kos it seems like d president is hibernating....... kos wit d way he sounded during d election.......
And to tynk d dude av nt bought any military weapons wen he sed d armies onli av canes to fyt?

Wudnt b suprise if any impunity arises....... Guess wat?

Dey supported it against d previous administration
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Vainglory: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
Queennikky:
Ok nau...... Those whites doesn't dig Empty pits,..... undecided

Just guessing
Somebody has murdered grammar here.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by room089: 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Story Aye!
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by chroniclesss(m): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
braine:
No!!! We don't want their help!! Where have they been all these years?? Now that baba is almost wiping them out, they want to come and take credit. No way! lipsrsealed
The fact that your "Braine " or what is it you are called is tied up with a twine doesn't mean you should talk like a swine
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by jomoh: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
oshe11:
bro! I no, bt den again anytin is beta dan dis kos it seems like d president is hibernating....... kos wit d way he sounded during d election.......
And to tynk d dude av nt bought any military weapons wen he sed d armies onli av canes to fyt?

Wudnt b suprise if any impunity arises....... Guess wat?

Dey supported it against d previous administration

Bro trust me it is not better at all. The only thing this people are interested in is the oil Nigeria have. They care less if everyone dies in the process and they've perfected their strategy to the point that the masses will keep pointing accusing fingers at each other.

About the last administration, yes the supported the removal of the past government because they know that total chaos(not from them) will not benefit them either. GEJ left the door open to them. They saw the cracks on the wall and exploited it.

Imagine if the previous administration had been proactive on the security issue, do you think we would be at their mercy at the crucial time? No.

The corruption was left to grow to the point that when we needed the weapon that had being budgeted for a long time, we couldn't find them because the FG didn't bother to follow up on the purchases. It was at that crucial time that the FG now started running around. The then FG obviously played into their hands. At that time they gave us option to join the war but when they found us non responsive, they decided not to sell arms to the FG. That decision lead to the increase in the activities of BH which created a bad image for the then FG.

Now they are proposing to join again in another form. If the FG refuses, they will start portraying him as unserious government. That is why I said they should sell the weapons to us instead of joining.

Mind you, if they should join, they would find a way to make sure the thing goes out of hand till it reaches a full blown war. Then they can now propose helping to rebuild after the war but with condition of their companies controlling some things (significantly oil). Remember Iraq, Lybia

The fact is that they always neither here or there. You find them her a you later see them there. It all depends on which side they perceive would be benefitial to their own cause at that particular time.

For me, we don't want them.

1 Like

Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by oshe11: 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
jomoh:

Bro trust me it is not better at all. The only thing this people are interested in is the oil Nigeria have. They care less if everyone dies in the process and they've perfected their strategy to the point that the masses will keep pointing accusing fingers at each other.

About the last administration, yes the supported the removal of the past government because they know that total chaos(not from them) will not benefit them either. GEJ left the door open to them. They saw the cracks on the wall and exploited it.

Imagine if the previous administration had been proactive on the security issue, do you think we would be at their mercy at the crucial time? No.

The corruption was left to grow to the point that when we needed the weapon that had being budgeted for a long time, we couldn't find them because the FG didn't bother to follow up on the purchases. It was at that crucial time that the FG now started running around. The then FG obviously played into their hands. At that time they gave us option to join the war but when they found us non responsive, they decided not to sell arms to the FG. That decision lead to the increase in the activities of BH which created a bad image for the then FG.

Now they are proposing to join again in another form. If the FG refuses, they will start portraying him as unserious government. That is why I said they should sell the weapons to us instead of joining.

Mind you, if they should join, they would find a way to make sure the thing goes out of hand till it reaches a full blown war. Then they can now propose helping to rebuild after the war but with condition of their companies controlling some things (significantly oil). Remember Iraq, Lybia

The fact is that they always neither here or there. You find them her a you later see them there. It all depends on which side they perceive would be benefitial to their own cause at that particular time.

For me, we don't want them.
u r rite, bt we cnt say we dnt want dem while doing nohun! Dats my point..... Dis present govt campaigned like dey av alredy map out plans to provide solution to all our problems.... Bt it seems more like d govt has bn opiated n comatosed into sumtin we neva tot of.... Its beta to nt av any hope dan for ur hopes to b raised to its peak n den dashed...... I undastnd u bt all am saying is, if d present govt cn act we wudnt av any reason to clamour 4 help frm d west bt den..... The govt is also actin like sum schizophrenic dementia bunch of nitwitted dimwit who onli kare abt theirselves
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Litmus: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
Big mistake.

We cannot bring security to Nigeria on the cheap, first collaborating with slavish neighbors instead or procuring weapons system befitting of the growing power we've become and now welcoming with open hands the slave masters. We need to solve our problems by ourselves, we cannot must not trust external powers.

If UN comes to Nigeria then Buhari will remain in my mind a traitor.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Forwetinnah: 12:56am On Nov 21, 2015
nwonufestus:
I Can't Stop Laughing

TEACHER : who is the president of Nigeria?

STUDENT : president mama mmadu bu garri.

Ayam finished gringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by vRendoh(m): 1:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Enof of pro-mises, cos they ve missed even before they finished making them. Nigerians must unite and look inwards. Oyinbo go always be oyinbo! Put all the wayo politics away and do the right thing.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Originalsly: 3:45am On Nov 21, 2015
We need to just pray that the promises are empty. We need to look before we leap. Ask yourself. ....since 2001... which country is better off than it was after the intervention of the UN? Afghanistan?...Iraq?....Egypt?...Libya? ...Syria?....so why should we believe Nigeria would be any different? More than 12 years spent training the local armies and providing them with arms to combat the terrorists ....nothing has changed...why would it be different here? Our solution to this problem is with the local army....and us...civilians to provide information to them. But if they don't have will, discipline, courage and weaponry then we can't get the job done. Plan B....foreign help and I think most effective would be the mercenaries. The UN is a magnet for terrorists . We need to look before we leap.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by zoom007: 5:40am On Nov 21, 2015
Gelengelen:
back to sender, its better your generation dies than buhari.irrelevant asshole
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by marlockj: 6:26am On Nov 21, 2015
elixirnigeria:

http://leadership.ng/news/476343/terrorism-un-ll-mobilise-against-boko-haram-in-nigeria

We are tired of all this support news rubbbish!!

Wen buhari started na so so support we dey hear.

Support that can't locate the actual boko haram position is rubbish.

Support that can't use air breathing chemicals to kill boko once and for all is rubbish

Support that can't mke sambisa no hiding place is Rubbish

Support that cnt detect suicide bomber many meters away is rubbish.

Support that can locate bomb factory is nonsense

Support that satellite cnt capture the fight in the forest is rubbish.

Although I don't know the technology that is used to video animal activities in forest and fish in the sea,(nageo wild).if that kind of technology is not used.the rubbish suoport
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by baby124: 6:30am On Nov 21, 2015
When the party is almost over. They now remember it's a humanitarian mission and want to claim glory. The same way we dealt with ebola at the marvel of the world, is the same way these idiotic Boko haram who are clueless and bastards will be dealt with. Because a true son of his father will not cause death and destruction in his land

1 Like

Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Gelengelen: 6:54am On Nov 21, 2015
zoom007:

back to sender, its better your generation dies than buhari.irrelevant asshole
back to sender...u and ur entire generation. useless pig
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 21, 2015
Please UN don't come. We will handle it our way. We don't need support anymore. They say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. We are still here and we will defeat Boko Haram. All you have been doing is accusing our military of extrajudicial killings while you support Boko harams killing and not extrajudicial. Sometimes, the leaders need to ignore this people and do the needful. All they are waiting for is bad news out of Nigeria but they will never get it
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by jomoh: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2015
oshe11:
u r rite, bt we cnt say we dnt want dem while doing nohun! Dats my point..... Dis present govt campaigned like dey av alredy map out plans to provide solution to all our problems.... Bt it seems more like d govt has bn opiated n comatosed into sumtin we neva tot of.... Its beta to nt av any hope dan for ur hopes to b raised to its peak n den dashed...... I undastnd u bt all am saying is, if d present govt cn act we wudnt av any reason to clamour 4 help frm d west bt den..... The govt is also actin like sum schizophrenic dementia bunch of nitwitted dimwit who onli kare abt theirselves

Bros dis one wey u don go Obahiagbon style. u don vex finish o.

But if we're to be honest with our selves let's forget sentiment or hatred for a particular person of party, this government has tried concerning Boko haram. People might say most of their achievements are propaganda but in actual fact propaganda is a WAR strategy and it yielding results.

I repeat again and plead with you please let face the fact, the rot in the system is too much for any plan -- no matter how holy or perfect -- to work properly.
You said they seem to lack proper planning. We all know that no plan goes smoothly according to what is planned. Even the most developed nations with all their sophistication in security still fall to terrorism.

Have you ever seen a furniture maker when his working in his workshop? The place will look like a madman's abode but until it finishes is when you start seeing the result. Yes he's being there for 6months and he's bound to make few mistakes but I can bet with my life that by the time this government is through with our economy, we won't even appreciate it until another person claims the glory. When Tinubu was building Lagos between 1999 and 2007, a lot of people saw him as a mad man even when Fasola came in to continue his works they also saw him as an enemy of the people. Especially when he started the demolitions. Now everyone is hailing him.

I beg of you, don't let us look at the outcome presently because we would be very disappointed. Instead, let us look at the way they are going about thing and what the future will hold. Remember if it took Tinubu 8years to restructure Lagos despite the state having fairly good governors(compared to other states) in the past how long do you think it will take an FG that has a lot of interests to take into account.

If for nothing, the few steps the FG has taken should show us that they mean well for our future. Eg

Ogoni clean up (Sensitivity to environmental health)
The TSA implementation (Corruption),
The biometric data consolidations (Security) remember mtn fine.
The cutting down of cost of governance - ministry reduction - (Finance)

Take a look at the future effect of this thing on our Security, finance, corruption, environmental health.

Remember the previous government pegged the price of crude oil at around $65(I think) while the actual price was $45 despite the out. Now does that portray a serious government. Now the effect of that which was last year is what we are seeing today with FG requesting for supplementary budget.
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by oshe11: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

Bros dis one wey u don go Obahiagbon style. u don vex finish o.

But if we're to be honest with our selves let's forget sentiment or hatred for a particular person of party, this government has tried concerning Boko haram. People might say most of their achievements are propaganda but in actual fact propaganda is a WAR strategy and it yielding results.

I repeat again and plead with you please let face the fact, the rot in the system is too much for any plan -- no matter how holy or perfect -- to work properly.
You said they seem to lack proper planning. We all know that no plan goes smoothly according to what is planned. Even the most developed nations with all their sophistication in security still fall to terrorism.

Have you ever seen a furniture maker when his working in his workshop? The place will look like a madman's abode but until it finishes is when you start seeing the result. Yes he's being there for 6months and he's bound to make few mistakes but I can bet with my life that by the time this government is through with our economy, we won't even appreciate it until another person claims the glory. When Tinubu was building Lagos between 1999 and 2007, a lot of people saw him as a mad man even when Fasola came in to continue his works they also saw him as an enemy of the people. Especially when he started the demolitions. Now everyone is hailing him.

I beg of you, don't let us look at the outcome presently because we would be very disappointed. Instead, let us look at the way they are going about thing and what the future will hold. Remember if it took Tinubu 8years to restructure Lagos despite the state having fairly good governors(compared to other states) in the past how long do you think it will take an FG that has a lot of interests to take into account.

If for nothing, the few steps the FG has taken should show us that they mean well for our future. Eg

Take a look at the future effect of this thing on our Security, finance, corruption, environmental health.

Remember the previous government pegged the price of crude oil at around $65(I think) while the actual price was $45 despite the out. Now does that portray a serious government. Now the effect of that which was last year is what we are seeing today with FG requesting for supplementary budget.
wud av agreed wit U bt den U mentioned corruption n security..... Dnt forgt dat d biometric registration strtd durin Jonathan's regime n was onli given an ultimatum in dis regime kos of d non stoppin bombings by boko haram....and if I may ask, hw is d propagandas helping? Wen d circle is 3 propagandas frm d military=2 bombings by bokoharam, n den circle continues..... And talking abt corruption I nid nt say much.... Jst mention any APC past governors or members dat d EFCC n DSS or ICPC r afta dat has nt flout dia laws n wat nt.... Wen TInubu, Atiku, Ameachi, etc kos d list is too long ar walkin free........ And finance?
D presindential fleet kum to mynd.... So U c my broda, ntin beautiful abt dis regime.... We kip dreaming n hopin d future wud b brighter, I hope so too, bt as at nw I c nuhun diff...... ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS LIES AND PROPAGANDAS
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Hiploko(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2015

Can you see yourself? @jomoh...of all you enumerated above, it is just d last dat can be attributed to GMB. Wake up joor
Re: UN To Mobilize Against Boko Haram by Hiploko(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2015
oshe11:
wud av agreed wit U bt den U mentioned corruption n security..... Dnt forgt dat d biometric registration strtd durin Jonathan's regime n was onli given an ultimatum in dis regime kos of d non stoppin bombings by boko haram....and if I may ask, hw is d propagandas helping? Wen d circle is 3 propagandas frm d military=2 bombings by bokoharam, n den circle continues..... And talking abt corruption I nid nt say much.... Jst mention any APC past governors or members dat d EFCC n DSS or ICPC r afta dat has nt flout dia laws n wat nt.... Wen TInubu, Atiku, Ameachi, etc kos d list is too long ar walkin free........ And finance?
D presindential fleet kum to mynd.... So U c my broda, ntin beautiful abt dis regime.... We kip dreaming n hopin d future wud b brighter, I hope so too, bt as at nw I c nuhun diff...... ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS LIES AND PROPAGANDAS
no mind d guy joor. And they wud be typing long long tins as if they know wat they are typing... Abeg who get techno charger make I charge small? I dey filling station queue since last night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Burial Of 9 Nimbo Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Killings / Wike Sponsors Dandy Boy's Brain Tumor Surgery / Benue Must Modify Grazing Law For Peace To Reign – Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.