Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako (651 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: When Will DSS Arrest Junaid Muhammad, Nyako, BBC Hausa, Etc / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako by palmwine(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2009
I can't believe this! shocked. Hear Niger state Governor.

As the Federal Government grapples with the problem of electricity in the country, the Republic of Cameroun is currently supplying electricity to some parts of Nigeria.

The Adamawa State governor, Alhaji Murtala Nyako, said this in Abuja at the mid-term anniversary of the establishment of the technical cooperation fund being managed by the Directorate of Technical Cooperation in Africa (DTCA).

Nyako, who stressed the importance of maintaining security with the Camerounian government, added that through the cooperation, Cameroun had been able to supply electricity to his state.

READ MORE http://www.tribune.com.ng/22052009/news/news8.html

Nigeria fall my hand
Re: Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako by OneNaija(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2009
My friend this one nur be news. free dat side.What ur plan to make it better stop bring light matter. cameroon too small for Nigeria. Nigeria is big and over populated. You think if Cameroon and Ghana is big than Nigeria they will be facing the same crisis like us.
Re: Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako by palmwine(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2009
@oneNaija,
What exactly is your point? Are you saying that cameroun has stable electricity because they are small?
show me a local govt. in nigeria with stable power supply since you now judge with size
Re: Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako by OneNaija(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2009
Kwara state. No light off and stable electricity not to talk about local govt.
Re: Cameroun Supplies Nigeria Electricity -nyako by OneNaija(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2009
If you need source

Kwara State and Power Generation
Sunday, 22 March 2009 11:34 Chief Okon Emerson,
E-mail | Print | PDF
Sir: I just returned from a trip to Ilorin. I would like my home government to look at the way electricity has suddenly kick-started gradually return of industrial and commercial activities in Kwara State by mere ensuring that that State now enjoys steady electricity supply.

Governor Saraki had about a year ago taken over the Federal Government’s Power Project in Kwara State and completed it at a record time and this has resulted in the present power situation in that State.

In my own State (Akwa Ibom), we all heard from both the past government and the present one arguing on the extent of work done on the Ikot Abasi IPP as at hand-over date in 2007. While Attah’s Government was saying the Independent Power Project which Obasanjo had commissioned at the twilight of the regime was 97% completed, the Akpabio Government argued that it was 90%. This is where the argument has kept Akwa Ibom till date.

We are saying that even if it was below 90% completed by the time of the hand-over, what should be holding the balance 10% for over two years now?

It is a fact that Kwara State gets less allocation from the federation account when compared with the huge one being received by (our) Akwa State Government, therefore with right prioritization in application of the fund, we suppose to be better off getting the power project completed. Moreover, it is the bedrock of industrialization and commercialization. What our government faced were things like the controversial Tropicana Centre, the unnecessary fly-over within Uyo metropolis, the Government Lodge project, Federal roads, etc.

Prioritization is necessary in every human endeavour. Other State governors should go and learn on how Governor Saraki achieved what I witnessed.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2068:kwara-state-and-power-generation&catid=116:sr-readers-letters&Itemid=393

Better find other alternative to discuss here my friend.

(1) (Reply)

The Way Forward / Nominate A Presidential Candidate For 2011 Election. / Nigeria's Democracy Graded By People All Cross The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.