Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

I Dumped A Lucrative Banking Job After One Week For Music — CDQ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Dumped A Lucrative Banking Job After One Week For Music — CDQ (619 Views)

Liz Anjorin: Why I Dumped Christianity And Embraced Islam / Mr Eazi: "I Quit My N2Million Per Month Job For Music" / Vera Sidika: I Dumped Yomi Johnson Over Domestic Violence And Fetish Objects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dumped A Lucrative Banking Job After One Week For Music — CDQ by JAYTUNEZ(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
Records revealed how he left a lucrative banking job after just a week on the job just to further his music career.

In the chat with Naij, when he was asked about when he started his musical career, CDQ said;

I started music when I was much younger but I had to quit for a while because of school. I read economics at the University of Lagos. Then I was a backup singer for MI and Dagrin. I was much younger so I quit. After my NYSC, I got signed to General Record in 2013 to Mastercraft.

When questioned on the support he got from his parents, CDQ opened up that, his parents wanted him to be a banker, he said;

At first music was not something my parents wanted me to do. They wanted me to be a banker before my daddy passed on. That was why they sent me to school to read economics. I tried being that banker he wanted me to me despite the fact that he was no more. After my B.Sc I wrote for jobs in FCMB, Diamond bank they gave me the job. After a week, Mastercraft called and said CDQ I know you have passion for music and there is nothing in life like doing what you love to do. So, I quit my bank job for music.

Just wow… It’s all about the passion..

http://tunezmedia.com/?p=35181

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Stunning Outfit To ELOY2015 Awards / Supermodel Chrissy Teigen Wars With Donald Trump On Twitter / Photo: Lanre Makun And Wife Welcome Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.