Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Help!!! Siasia's Mother Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! Siasia's Mother Kidnapped (467 Views)

I Just Received A Call From UN On Military Invasion Of Abia - Moses Siasia / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba / Kidnapped Lawmaker’s Daughter Jessica Edionwele Found With Lover - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Siasia's Mother Kidnapped by FisifunKododada: 4:22am On Nov 21, 2015
The Nigeria U23 coach says not enough is being done to rescue his aged parent from the hands of her abductors

Samson Siasia has said that not enough is being done by authorities to rescue his 72-year-old mother from the hands of kidnappers.

Madam Beauty Ogere Siasia was abducted earlier in the week from her home in Odoni, Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa state.

The coach is on national duty preparing the Nigeria U23 team for the African U23 Nations Cup in the Gambia at the moment.

He has accused the authorities of his home state of not showing enough concern to free his mother from her kidnappers, who have demanded 120 million Naira as ransom.

“I am very sad over here in the Gambia that despite being on national duty, it seems my country, and most especially my state Bayelsa, has neglected me since nobody besides the Directorate of State Services and my employers the Nigeria Football Federation are the only institutions that have waded in to secure the release of my kidnapped mother,” Siasia told Goal.

“As I speak with you now, nobody from my state including the Governor or the Sports Minister (Solomon Dalong) or the Director General of the National Sports Commission (Mallam Al-Hassan Yakmut) has said anything about the matter at least to the best of my knowledge.

“Nobody has contacted me in the Gambia where I am on a national duty with my team on the kidnapping of my mum.

“I am in the dark and I don’t know when my mother will come back home. I am even very scared and pray that nothing should happen to her as her health condition is very important to me.”

The Inspector General of Police Solomon Arase was, however, quoted as saying that the Police Force is working on how to rescue Mrs Siasia when he visited Ibadan, Oyo State last week.

A few Nigerian sports people have suffered kidnaps in recent years. Chelsea’s John Obi Mikel had his father kidnapped in 2011. Former Super Eagles midfielder Chris Obodo was also kidnapped in 2012.

This week, a member of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria, Dr Ken Anugwueje was kidnapped

(1) (Reply)

3 Controversies Surrounding Audu Abubakar's Death / Some Of The Nigeriand Deported From UK Are Not Nigerians. / History Of The Crack In The Russia-turkey Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.