Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Need Help Negotiating My Salary - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Need Help Negotiating My Salary (722 Views)

5 Tips To Negotiating A Better Salary And Landing A Great Job / Please Let's Share My Salary! / I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Negotiating My Salary by slenderdude: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Dear all,

First I start by appreciating God, the maker of all that be and be not, and also every well meaning nairalander that has posted helpful interview tips from which we all benefit.

I have been through the various interview phases of DBH solutions in the last couple of weeks and God so good an offer came in yesterday, which I am very excited about, however good the salary seem to be, it still is well below the range of what is paid for that same position in the organization according to my research. Please note that I was careful enough to avoid the topic of expected salary throughout the 4 phases of my interview. Now that an offer has been made and I am to resume in about a week, I need help from professionals in the house on how best to negotiate the package and ensure I am getting the best out of it.

Thank you all as I anticipate your meaningful contributions yet again.

And to all jobseekers out there especially the 3rd class holders" the market is interested in what you can offer NOT the piece of paper you have, called degree", coming from a 3rd class graduate that finished national service batch C '14 and has gotten 3rd job offer despite having never been jobless for a month at a stretch and ZERO connection.

Regards,

Slenderdude
Re: Need Help Negotiating My Salary by iyisco2001(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
@Slenderdude
First of all, Congrats
Now that you've been given a offer, and you have an idea of what is been paid for the same position, kindly ask the HR if there are other benefits attached to the salary/Position, if there is non, tell them you have taken the offer and you appreciate it, but you will like to discuss the salary. Negotiate, but dont pass your boundary or ask for too much. This helped me also.
Cheers grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Quit The Thank God It’s Friday Mindset / Advert Executives Needed In A Media Outfit / Who Else Got This Invite For The Cashier Job Trending Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.