Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama (1286 Views)

What If Wole Soyinka Is The New Minister For Education? / Obafemi Awolowo University Students Boo, Stone President Jonathan In Ife During / OAU Students Boo, Stone President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by ayoola22: 4:57pm On May 22, 2009
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has condemned the decaying state of affairs in the country and the dwindling status of Nigeria in the international community.
Speaking at an art exhibition at the Italian Embassy, Abuja yesterday, Soyinka said United States President Barack Obama’s decision to visit Ghana ahead of Nigeria in his first trip to Africa is a wise decision.
He said he does not subscribe to the suggestion that President Obama should rather visit Nigeria instead of Ghana, adding that the Nigerian government does not merit such honour.
“If Obama decides to grace Nigeria with his presence, I will stone him. The message he is sending by going to Ghana is so obvious; is so brilliant that he must not render it flawed by coming to Nigeria any time soon,” he said.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=144010

In case Uncle Wole stone President Obama, will he able to get away with it, i cant wait to see whether my prediction is correct

Naijareports: Nigeria News and Rumour
http://naijareports..com/2009/05/nobel-laureate-soyinka-promise-to-stone.html
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 22, 2009
@ poster

are u a slowpoke ?

soyinka doesn't mean stoning like dat man did george bush with a pair of shoes. dondee united
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by OneNaija(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2009
Good comment from Wale.
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by ayoola22: 5:25pm On May 22, 2009
Camelot is so good he knows slowpoke and also can read Wole Soyinka's mind,

My people, in case Uncle Wole stone am like the iraq's own, will they arrest him and jail him too?

Enjoy and dont be like camelot and be abusing people all over the place,
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 22, 2009
A.Y i apologize, dont mean 2 offend u aight
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by jimmysho(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2009
soyinka was talking literally and not stone in the real sense wit physical pallet.

@ topic,
if he does that nigeria govt will harass him to his grave and if they ve the capacity they will advise the world to take  away his (soyinka) Nobel Laurent award from him immediately all in the name of good boy to the western world
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by oderemo(m): 6:06pm On May 22, 2009
wole soyinka stone obama while delivering a well rehearsed speech on corruption in nigeria, con fussion engulf the whole area while the FBI mistakenly shot yar adua and goodluck dead in the process , remember friendly fire. chikenna . Nigeria problems solve just by wole stoning obama. ohhhhhh my gosh. what a bad dream. give me that scotch again.
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by vigasimple(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2009
What you don't have you cannot give.

Nigeria govt is not an elected govt so they care less anyway. All they do is anything that will help them launder their image to make money. money has gone into our 'leaders' brain that  they have  NO DREAMS OR VISION.

Whatever you want to achieve you must first dream and vision of what it will look like. YAR A'DOUBTFUL is completely clueless, even though he appear to be able to read the script perfectly. At least he learnt that at the University.

He has no will to translate all his 777 POINTLESS AGENDA into action. We are only 11 years away from VISONLESS 2020 and the basic infrastrutures of starting to build a world class country is not there. there is no free election to choose our own leader, the govt and the people are corrupt ridden.

OBAMA is a much smarter guy, and in any event he will be advised by his advisers not to venture into country like Nigeria to boost the govt  image like hot air do baloons and I agree with Wole Soyinka said that he is not coming to Nigeria because he will allow those CLUELESS IDIOTS who can translate the snub to know that they are leading a joke govt, a do nothing govt headed by a do nothing leader.

SOYINKA is only talking figuratively. He is an intelligent man, he would only pen something down to say his mind to President OBAMA.
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by OneNaija(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2009
Hey yeah!

Everybody run run run
Everybody scatter scatter
Some people lost some bread
Someone nearly die
Someone just die
Police dey come, army dey come
Confusion everywhere
Hey yeah!

Seven minutes later
All don cool down, brother
Police don go away
Army don disappear
Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood

[Chorus]
Them regular trademark!

Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood
Them regular trademark
That is why

[Chorus]
Hey yeah!

Everybody run run run,

La la la la
My people self dey fear too much
We fear for the thing we no see
We fear for the air around us
We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear

We no want die
We no want wound
We no want quench
We no want go
I get one child
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I want build house
I don build house
I no want quench
I want enjoy
I no want go
Ah!

So policeman go slap your face
You no go talk
Army man go whip your yansh
You go dey look like donkey
Rhodesia dey do them own
Our leaders dey yab for nothing
South Africa dey do them own

Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood,

Ah, na so
Time will dey go
Time no wait for nobody
Like that: choo, choo, choo, choo, ah
But police go dey come, army go dey come
With confusion
In style like this:
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by MaiSuya(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2009
ayoola22:

“If Obama decides to grace Nigeria with his presence, I will stone him.The message he is sending by going to Ghana is so obvious; is so brilliant that he must not render it flawed by coming to Nigeria any time soon,” he said.

I love this
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by OneNaija(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2009
Zombie-o, zombie (Zombie-o, zombie)Zombie-o, zombie (Zombie-o, zombie)
Zombie no go go, unless you tell am to go (Zombie)
Zombie no go stop, unless you tell am to stop (Zombie)
Zombie no go turn, unless you tell am to turn (Zombie)
Zombie no go think, unless you tell am to think (Zombie)
Tell am to go straight
A joro, jara, joro
No break, no job, no sense
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go kill
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go quench
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Go and kill! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and die! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and quench! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Put am for reverse! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Joro, jara, joro, zombie wey na one way
Joro, jara, joro
Attention! (Zombie)
Quick march!
Slow march! (Zombie)
Left turn!
Right turn! (Zombie)
About turn!
Double up! (Zombie)
Salute!
Open your hat! (Zombie)
Stand at ease!
Fall in! (Zombie)
Fall out!
Fall down! (Zombie)
Get ready!
Halt!
Order!
Dismiss!
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by AjaraEwuro: 12:58pm On May 23, 2009
who is he to talk like that - cultist man.
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by jimmysho(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2009
even if he is a cultist as claimed by u, he still has passion for this country
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by AjaraEwuro: 11:51am On May 26, 2009
jimmysho:

even if he is a cultist as claimed by u, he still has passion for this country

and who doesnt have?
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On May 26, 2009
@Poster, if you bothered to go through at least 3 pages of the politics forum, you would find it littered with topics such as this very one you have chosen to post on here. Why do we need another one of these questions asked? Why? If we say YES, are you going to STop him? If WE say NO, what happens then? Of What significance is this discussion?
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by chrisical(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

From your mouth? grin grin No talk am for public
Re: If Wole Soyinka Stone President Obama by slap1(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

[/quote

there is a dif b/w cultist and a fraternity member. soyinka is a member of a fraternity(though he is an atheist) just like the freemasons.even if he is a cultist, 99.9999999 etc% of the world will choose him and trust him more than a "Bishop" like you.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Less Corrupt Than Kenya I Suppose / Nigerian Anger Over China Deaths / Why Condemn Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.