Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,988 members, 7,863,514 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated (520 Views)

No Ransom Was Paid For The Release Of Chibok Girls – Lai Mohammed / Video Of Chibok Girls Holding AK-47, Explaining Why They Refused To Return Home / Boko Haram’s Abduction Of Chibok Girls Was Real – PDP Senator, Ben Ndi-Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated by ksp224: 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
Recently a friend of mine lamented about the abducted chibok girls and how negligent our government are in responding to critical issues like this. It got me thinking. The issue of the chibok girls and terrorism has continued to make headlines in all major newspapers and social media. Nobody is talking seriously about the children that are in the inner cities suffering in the same way as the chibok girls with no food, water, shelter, or healthcare. We are concerned with the technicalities of propaganda rather than the real issues themselves. 22,000 children will die today. The same number of children died yesterday and the same number will probably die tomorrow. Nothing is killing them except poverty related issues and according to UNICEF they die quietly in some of the poorest villages, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. In the 1990s, 100 million children died from illness and starvation. Those mortality could be prevented for the price of 10 stealth bombers or what the world spend on its military in two days. When we focus on an aspect of human killings like terrorism and neglect an equally lethal aspect like poverty then we deceive ourselves into believing that we have actual regards for human lives. If a person or groups of person dies as a result of terrorism or due to poverty, it makes no difference. Death is the common denominator in both scenarios. To combat one and neglect the other is to neglect both all the same. So while we clamour for the release of the chibok girls which is a good thing really; we must also help to clamour for those dying children in the inner cities with no one to clamour for them and their essential needs.

http://www.edoborosasere.com/beyond-abducted-chibook-girls/

Re: The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
Logical. I guess?
Re: The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated by speedyGonzales: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
300 missing girls is not over rated man! irrespective other horrible things that has happened!...

to get a sense of it imagine, how you will feel if your sister or mother went missing suddenly then multiply that feeling by 300.
Re: The Issue Of Chibok Girls Is Over Rated by ksp224: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2015
@speedyGonzales I can imagine the feeling. Its the same feeling that the families of those 22,000 children also have. If not worse. But i even think the chibok girls issue is a scam. Did you see the names of the girls? Predominately christian names like Rebecca Joseph and so on. How can such people be in Borno state. They were abducted on the day they wrote physics waec exam. When them never learn Arabic finish......lol... The story doesnt follow logically......,.its just my opinion tho,

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives IRAN For 3rd Summit Of Gas Exporting Countries In Tehra / FG Finally Agrees To Pay N5,000 Stipends. / PHOTOS: Kaduna State Wins Best Organized State In The 2015 Hajj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.