Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Religion Or Evolution As A Template Of Life For Africa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion Or Evolution As A Template Of Life For Africa (635 Views)

Religion Or Radicalism / Innovation Prize For Africa 2018 ($150,000) | Call For Entries / Locals Reveal Kaduna Stabbing Unrelated To Religion Or Fasting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Or Evolution As A Template Of Life For Africa by Logicalsoul(m): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2015
Evolution is a broad topic, and an agendum for religion to trample on. But are humans really evolving? I would say yes and no. Is evolution hereditary NO. Is evolution confined to certain tribe and  races? Ummm that's a hard sale but yes. 
Most people understand evolution only in a biological context, but is the word "Evolution" confined to the journals of biology? Another bigger NO. 
Evolution could be defined as "a progression of change often branching and diversifying in the process" Now that we are clear on what evolution is really about, let's discuss on a broader note. We were often told Africa is the cradle of civilization, what we failed yet to understand is that civilization is no longer a baby clunching on feeders, civilization is a matured man with family and responsibilities.there has been enormous and tremendous change so diverse it affects our life positively, it was a burden centuries ago travelling from Nigeria to Burundi, but is an ease now.i asked if evolution is confined to certain tribes or races or hereditary I conform with affirmation.the Arabs, Europeans, Americans, all agree evolution is not a hard sale, but a way of life.unlike Africa with a different mentality entirely. Religion as a way of life.i am not trying to convince anyone into disbelieving in what you believe in. But ask yourself this simple question, were you able to power your phone, cook your meals, set schedules because religion as a way of life taught you so? It's a rhetorical question everyone knows the answer.
Technology is a branching process of evolution and is shaping our world today, human resources development is a diversifying branching process of evolution, these branches of evolution are responsible for our day to day coordination and activities. Responsible for accommodating life threatening issues.centuries ago disease, flood and pestilence was regarded as an act of punishment from a superior being.but the diversying effect of evolution made those gods false gods.i will be limited to specifications, but in Africa those gods are still responsible for our day to day activities.Africans have been religious, various religions thriving in their own unique way, bringing balance and chaos at the same time. We care less about the future because God has taken care of it for us. We worry less about research and development when we have got "God" on speed dial.he answers whenever he wants or likes not when he is needed. But in Africa it is understood as God's time, which is perfect. I fault that ideology, I asked a friend a very logical question. 
I was walking him home and we stopped some metres to his Avenue, and I asked him "if you received a distress call right away that there is an ongoing onslaught and your family is in harms way, and it would take you lesser time calling them on the phone than running to the house informing them, you have a phone, good signal, enough call card, and you tried to connect your family warning them of the imminent danger and the call never connects, for no reason explainable. You avoided the danger but your family never did because they were unaware of such, would you call that an act of God, or rather God's timing. He blasted hell no its a fucking technical problem from my service provider and they faulty .Now ask an African if his /her God can be faulty hell no . not so long ago Africa was ravaged with another act of punishment from God, developed climes understood it as epidemic. They spent countless hours in the lab trying to bring ease, comfort and stability to Africa because of the diversying branches of evolution. But in Africa we took to altars and spiritual centres, chanting, beseeching, calling on almost every known deity on earth for a miraculous cure. But what do we know, God can't be wrong, it's his timing.we relaxed it will all pass away like a storm, we locked the doors of our labs and swung open the doors of spiritual centres, but inadvertently servants dedicated to the dictates of God were not spared, as sinners were dying, so were saints, Godly men.days turned into weeks and the epidemic ravaging an entire continent.countries shut borders, surprisingly the two most sought pilgrim destination, famous for miraculous healing fountains or remains of Saints started rejecting visa, imposing strict laws against anyone from Africa regardless whether you believe your God resides in their country or not . we were impatient for God's timing, we cried out to the world seeking relevant help. They responded swiftly but unsuccessful at first, they tried again and again and again until they got it right,the branches of evolution guided their actions and subsequent victory in subduing a vicious epidemic . after victory came celebrations we instantly forgot we were saved by branches of evolution as a way life not religion, we forgot the role evolution played in curbing the tenacious Valor of God. Animals were slaughtered, offerings were made to the same God we couldn't wait on. We dedicated the victory to his sole majesty. Surgeon spends countless hours trying to remove a tumour or separate conjoined twins, after successful attempt religion wins again.religion is the celebrated hero of Africa, but we have waited too long, hoped and believed all our problems in Africa will have a miraculous ending. Famine, diseases, flood, civil unrest, malnourishment and poverty cannot be solved in the pages of religious books but by evolution. Africans walk with God on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and dine the Devil all weekdays. Balance and chaos. The  easiest means to wealth is through religious association or ownership in Africa, not long working hours required by evolved countries . In Nigeria accidents around the 9th,10th, 11th and 12th month are attributed to satanic manipulations. Their insatiable thirst for human blood unquenchable. Months ago a top Government official blamed the epileptic power supply to satanic machinations . Singapore, Malaysia, Japan. China, Isreal, USA, Britain, Germany, Russia, but to mention a few adopted a common template as a way of life, Evolution.only a fool does the same thing countless times and expect different results. We have tried and tested religion. Let's try evolution in a smaller scale and weigh between evolution and religion as a way of life . Religion does not entertain questions they quash it but questions are the bane for success of evolution. Formal education in Nigeria is about learning to speak good English and write great articles.but it shouldn't be anymore, it should be churning not just technocrats but respectable voice in the world of evolution. Our great president wished to adopt the Singaporean template of life, I hope he adopts it in its entirety.
If we evolve from being over religious to being over serious technocrats the world world fear and respect us. They already fear our strength, with an additionally added evolutionary power we would  catch up with the rest of the world.
Read more interesting articles on
Olastouch..com

(1) (Reply)

Oeas Issues Demands To Nigerian Government On Biafra / End Time Church For End Time Nairalanders (pix) / (pic) A Hotel Close To Burj Khalifa Hotel Caught Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.