Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) (2819 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by ademega(m): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
most times I dont like asking questions during the Sunday school service because most times its always an issue. some do see me as unrepentant unbeliever while some sees me as a realist.

most times I don't like going for Sunday school because I will always have one controversial question to ask.

today, the Sunday school was included in the normal service, so I was opportune to be their.
for redeem members, today's topic is destiny destroyers.
the things that do destroy destinies were mentioned, which were, sin, prayeless life, laziness and secular issues.

after said and done, I asked my questions backing it up with examples.

1) how can one know he is fulfilling his or destiny? can we say dangote or davido are not fulfilling their destiny knowing fully well that they engage in one or two of this destiny destroyer?
a Christian that is prayerful, hard working and does not cherish worldly things but very poor, can we say such is fulfilling destiny?
what is the measurement of destiny fulfilment?

2) can some change his or her destiny?
let say do u have control over your destiny? knowing fully well that we didnt choose our parents from the start.

all the answers provided were not convincing enough.
pls any good answer?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by tunnyl(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Where are the pastors
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
"Fulfilling your destiny" these are meaningless phrase pastors use to hold their members to ransom. Its easily tricky because you can actually think you know what it is when you hear it... But if you really think it through (something most Christians dont do), you find out that its is completely meaningless.

One of the reason pastors insist you dont ask question and use ur brain is because of phrases like this. Worst still, he will never tell you what the so called destiny he is helping you to fulfil is.

1 Like

Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:
most times I dont like asking questions during the Sunday school service because most times its always an issue. some do see me as unrepentant unbeliever while some sees me as a realist.

most times I don't like going for Sunday school because I will always have one controversial question to ask.

today, the Sunday school was included in the normal service, so I was opportune to be their.
for redeem members, today topic is destiny destroyers.
the things that do destroy destiny were mentioned, which were, sin, prayeless life, laziness and secular issues.

1) how can one know he is fulfilling his or destiny? can we say dangote or davido are not fulfilling their destiny knowing fully well that they engage in one or two of this destiny destroyer?
a Christian that is prayerful, hard working and does not cherish worldly things but very poor, can we say such is fulfilling destiny?

let say do u have control over your destiny? knowing fully well that we didnt choose our parents from the start.

pls any good answer?

Why dont you pray for God to help you fulfil your destiny instead of comparing people's destinies. What answer were you expecting from this your question? If you want to go into worldly stuff and make money thinking its your destiny do it, if you want to stay in God, do it. Choose a hustle and stop asking people questions to make them doubt God. Go and read about Rockeffeeller. Na only you waka come for this world oo, so believe what you will and pursue it. Soon you ll ask if suicide is the destiny of suicide bombers.

1 Like

Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by plaetton: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
Larryfly:

Why dont you pray for God to help you fulfil your destiny instead of comparing people's destinies. What answer were you expecting from this your question? If you want to go into worldly stuff and make money thinking its your destiny do it, if you want to stay in God, do it. Choose a hustle and stop asking people questions to make them doubt God. Go and read about Rockeffeeller. Na only you waka come for this world oo, so believe what you will and pursue it. Soon you ll ask if suicide is the destiny of suicide bombers.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by ademega(m): 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
Larryfly:

I wasn't the one that brought the topic up. I dont think asking question in an area am not clear is a sin. if u kn it tell us. I mentioned rockeffeleler during my instances I gave when I asked my question. also, do you know sucide bombers think they are actually fulfilling a destiny. for this reason I dont anybody should run from these questions
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by plaetton: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:
"Fulfilling your destiny" these are meaningless phrase pastors use to hold their members to ransom. Its easily tricky because you can actually think you know what it is when you hear it... But if you really think it through (something most Christians dont do), you find out that its is completely meaningless.

One of the reason pastors insist you dont ask question and use ur brain is because of phrases like this. Worst still, he will never tell you what the so called destiny he is helping you to fulfil is.

Exactly.
This is why I keep hammering on the quality of education of a country matters so much.

For example, an well educated person would automatically figure out that his/her economic well-being, health, security, social harmony etc depends on the economic, political and social climate of his/her society.
Simple.

There are no magic in economics.

Also, life is dynamic. Human interactions are dynamic.
Therefore, a person's destiny lies in the net sum of individual choices and actions he/she makes in the course of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by vooks: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:

the things that do destroy destinies were mentioned, which were, sin, prayeless life, laziness and secular issues.

pls any good answer?

Indulge me, give me some of the answer you consider 'not convincing enough'. Start with question one
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by bxcode(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
The first question you need to ask is what is destiny?
What type of destiny are you referring to?
Is it the destiny that comes from God or the destiny that one sets for himself or as a result of his parents influence and so on. There are many perspectives and views whenever the word destiny is mentioned and if you go and explain it explicitly, you will end up causing more confusion than calm, take for instance the examples you gave about Davido, is he fulfilling his God given destiny because he is rich and famous, but sensitive to wordly lifestyle? i don't think so. Some people will think otherwise because of the way they perceive what destiny is.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by ademega(m): 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
bxcode:
Is it the destiny that comes from God or the destiny that one sets for himself or as a result of his parents influence and so on. There are many perspectives and views whenever the word destiny is mentioned and if you go and explain it explicitly, you will end up causing more confusion than calm, take for instance the examples you gave about Davido, is he fulfilling his God given destiny because he is rich and famous, but sensitive to wordly lifestyle? i don't think so. Some people will think otherwise because of the way they perceive what destiny is.

davido is using his God giving talent... can we say he is fulfilling his destiny? how do one create a destiny for his self, knowing fully well nobody knows tomorrow and u cant have control over everything
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by Hiswordxray(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:

I wasn't the one that brought the topic up. I dont think asking question in an area am not clear is a sin. if u kn it tell us. I mentioned rockeffeleler during my instances I gave when I asked my question. also, do you know sucide bombers think they are actually fulfilling a destiny. for this reason I dont anybody should run from these questions
My dear topics like that shouldn't be taught in Christianity, it is because Christians don't understand what Christianity is. The truth is that Christians are called to fulfill God's eternal purpose. God's eternal purpose is the mystery of God hidden before the foundation of the world. God has been passionately pursuing this purpose before the world began and He has called every Christian to join Him in order to fulfill this purpose. This is why the Bible says:

"and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;" (Eph 3:9)

We are called to the fellowship of this mystery, to partake of this mystery and this mystery is our purpose and destiny.

Brother if you are tired of religious Christianity and you want to go into the deeper things of God, you can email me.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by bxcode(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:

davido is using his God giving talent... can we say he is fulfilling his destiny? how do one create a destiny for his self, knowing fully well nobody knows tomorrow and u cant have control over everything
Yes he is using his God giving talent, but for who? He may be fulfilling his own destiny he designed for himself, but is it his GOD given destiny?
Talent is different from destiny because talent is already inborn of every human being that God created, its now left for you to discover it and the choose how to use it, all this culminates into your destiny in life. But because you have discovered your talent doesn't automatically imply that that you are fulfilling your destiny IN GOD.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by sonofthunder: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:

pls any good answer?

I think I have seen the manual for this topic, you should locate that of the previous week which talks about destiny discovery to better understand "the context" of what you were taught.

1) how can one know he is fulfilling his or destiny? ...check above.

can we say dangote or davido are not fulfilling their destiny knowing fully well that they engage in one or two of this destiny destroyer?
... yes they are not if they're engaged in such.

...this answer is quite long and its not so convenient for me to type epistles but such person maybe paying price of previous error...

...another long answer. you first have to discover/know your destiny before you can measure level of attainment.

...change? simply put YES

...you have the largest control over your destiny except for few cases e.g demon possession.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
bxcode:

Lol... I am sure if you were the one living Davido's life you would have quickly concluded that that is God's given destiny for u. Or wouldn't you like to be like davido?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God's eternal purpose is the mystery of God hidden before the foundation of the world. God has been passionately pursuing this purpose before the world began and He has called every Christian to join Him in order to fulfill this purpose. This is why the Bible says:

It is often said that God cannot be greater than the mind that created it. Look at how u just humanized your God in the bid to plain a meaningless jargon.

God, the creator of the whole universe, all powerful, all mighty, omini everything is is also pursuing a purpose... How human of him.

Of course you can only use human term to explain the God you created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by Hiswordxray(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

It is often said that God cannot be greater than the mind that created it. Look at how u just humanized your God in the bid to plain a meaningless jargon.

God, the creator of the whole universe, all powerful, all mighty, omini everything is is also pursuing a purpose... How human of him.

Of course you can only use human term to explain the God you created.
You don't know how foolish you sound right now, your are trying to use your tiny brain to comprehend things that are far bigger than you.

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." (1Cor 2:7-cool

Even your rulers cannot grasp this
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by malvisguy212: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
ademega:

pls any good answer?

I don't understand your questions, do you view this people as sinners ? Or are you trying to say "how is a sinner fullfiling his destiny? Christian that is prayerful, hard working and does not cherish worldly things but very poor things, this is not destiny,they are only solving the PROBLEMS OF THEIR WEAKNESS concerning SIN.

The Bible teaches that Man was created
with the ability to make moral choices
and that he is responsible for those
choices.
This theme of being held accountable for our choices continues throughout
Scripture. “He who sows wickedness
reaps trouble” ( Proverbs 22:8a). “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty” ( Proverbs 14:23). “Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you” ( Romans 13:3).

No.I think God decides the direction and the distance. Its totally upon us to decide how far we need to go

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord, plans for welfare and
not for evil, to give you a future and a
hope.
Habakkuk 2:3 ESV
For still the vision awaits its appointed
time; it hastens to the end, it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You don't know how foolish you sound right now, your are trying to use your tiny brain to comprehend things that are far bigger than you.

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." (1Cor 2:7-cool

Even your rulers cannot grasp this

Errm u are actually the clueless one here...

You call ur God almighty, so much bigger than me that my little brain cannot comprehend, then u talk about him like an ordinary human who, like us, has a purpose he has been working on and is pursuing.
I guess ur brain is too big that's why you can easily phantom that your God is also a project coordinator.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by vooks: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

Errm u are actually the clueless one here...

You call ur God almighty, so much bigger than me that my little brain cannot comprehend, then u talk about him like an ordinary human who, like us, has a purpose he has been working on and is pursuing.
I guess ur brain is too big that's why you can easily phantom that your God is also a project coordinator.
How is PURPOSE incompatible with OMNIPOTENCE?

Purpose is original intent. A knife was made to cut. You don't drink water with a knife because that is not its purpose. Comprende?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

How is PURPOSE incompatible with OMNIPOTENCE?

Purpose is original intent. A knife was made to cut. You don't drink water with a knife because that is not its purpose. Comprende?

Actually, they are not compatible.

Purpose is a human attribute.
Omnipotence is not.

Being omnipotent should make him way way way above purpose. Being omnipotent should make him beyond what our brain can comprehend. This is why I always attack u religious folk. You claim your God is beyond human comprehension but then try to use human brain to comprehend him, how is that not foolishness?
You think if what ever created this world is conscious and wants to us to know him, I and you will be here making up stories about him? How ordinary u guys think your God is.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Even if u 'think' he has a purpose, how dare you talk about it... What do u know?
Worst still he is using the nonsensical phrase, 'destiny' to explain his creator's purpose... How shallow
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by ipreach: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
This question is very very technical, we Still need your pastor to come and clarify this here on Nairaland, i, iPreach, this one hard me.

Op you Still need to pray to God to direct you in fulfilllingo your destiny instead on looking at Dangote and Davido
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by bxcode(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

Lol... I am sure if you were the one living Davido's life you would have quickly concluded that that is God's given destiny for u. Or wouldn't you like to be like davido?
The thought of being like someone like him has never crossed my mind, I know you are looking at it from the point of riches, but it may suprise you to know that Davido richess is nothing compared to what I will become in future in Christ Jesus. I will be a vessel to make others rich. If you are a vessel through which others become rich, then you can imagine what your own riches would be like.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by vooks: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

Actually, they are not compatible.

Purpose is a human attribute.
Omnipotence is not.

Being omnipotent should make him way way way above purpose. Being omnipotent should make him beyond what our brain can comprehend. This is why I always attack u religious folk. You claim your God is beyond human comprehension but then try to use human brain to comprehend him, how is that not foolishness?
You think if what ever created this world is conscious and wants to us to know him, I and you will be here making up stories about him? How ordinary u guys think your God is.
1. Why is PURPOSE and OMNIPOTENCE incompatible?
2. What makes PURPOSE a human attribute?
3. What is PURPOSE?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

1. Why is PURPOSE and OMNIPOTENCE incompatible?
2. What makes PURPOSE a human attribute?
3. What is PURPOSE?

1. Purpose and ominipotence are incompatible because purpose is a human attribute and omnipotence is not a human attribute. (Dont repeat this question again. If u think its wrong tell)

2. Its a human attribute because its in our vocabulary. It is what guides us as humans to achieve something. We use the word to explain what we know about our environment in terms of achievement.

3.Purpose is a reason for which something done or created. It is also a person's sense of resolved determination.

Do u see how questions are answered. Because I will soon be asking u mine, I expect to answer this way.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by StevenJay01(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

1. Purpose and ominipotence are incompatible because purpose is a human attribute and omnipotence is not a human attribute. (Dont repeat this question again. If u think its wrong tell)

2. Its a human attribute because its in our vocabulary. It is what guides us as humans to achieve something. We use the word to explain what we know about our environment in terms of achievement.

3.Purpose is a reason for which something done or created. It is also a person's sense of resolved determination.

Do u see how questions are answered. Because I will soon be asking u mine, I expect to answer this way.

bros ur own sef too much! But I b dey enjoy the analysis
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by vooks: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
frank317:

Think through your definition. If purpose is the reason for doing something, dont you think God who created man did it for a PURPOSE?

If I make a knife, the purpose of he knife is cutting. I the knife maker most certainly had a purpose behind making a knife. Do you see purpose is not incompatible with creation/God? The knife as my creation has a specific purpose and I as its creator have a specific purpose for making it.

Once again, how is purpose a human attribute? Purpose is a REASON and any intelligent being can have purpose. God is intelligent, He is full of wisdom. So how is reason incompatible with Him
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by GoodMuyis(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
I Myself cant answer your question, but one thing I know is that God has a purpose for our life and the only way we can know clearly our Purpose/ Destiny is through the Holy ghost, although some pastor can not tell us much about Holy Ghost Baptism, while some just emphsis on speaking in tongues. Pls Find time to Read the article series from Pst. Mashood Fayemiwo in the link below

1 - http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/fayemiwo/071215.html

2- http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/fayemiwo/102415.html

3- http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/fayemiwo/110115.html

4- http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/fayemiwo/110715.html

5- You can check some of his articles very interesting

Also try to download a message "Activating Breakthrough" by Joshua Selma
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Think through your definition. If purpose is the reason for doing something, dont you think God who created man did it for a PURPOSE?
Dont I think? Am I omnipotent? Are u omnipotent? Can u phantom the mindset of an u knowable God? Its not even possible to think this except u are omnipotent.

If I make a knife, the purpose of he knife is cutting. I the knife maker most certainly had a purpose behind making a knife. Do you see purpose is not incompatible with creation/God? The knife as my creation has a specific purpose and I as its creator have a specific purpose for making it.
What if God tells u today that his realm in the omnipotent world is purposeless what will u say. The knife example u gave is still according to ur understanding of human. And you can't do more than that because that's the limit your brain can go. Now attributing this to God, who your minute brain cannot understand is a pure insult to God, dont u think?

Once again, how is purpose a human attribute? Purpose is a REASON and any intelligent being can have purpose. God is intelligent, He is full of wisdom. So how is reason incompatible with Him

Oga...purpose is a human attribute... I have already answered this question. U didn't even pick it to show the floor it has, u just keep on repeating the question.
You can't tell me Gid is an intelligent being... Again intelligence is a human attribute. Stop belittling your God with human attribute. Its only ominiptence among everything u said that is not a human attribute and I accept that.
What you call God's intelligence might have a whole different meaning you may never understand in his realm. You really err when u say God is intelligent. Intelligence is a function of the brain... Do you think your creator has a brain?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by vooks: 2:00am On Nov 23, 2015
frank317:

Dont I think? Am I omnipotent? Are u omnipotent? Can u phantom the mindset of an u knowable God? Its not even possible to think this except u are omnipotent.

What if God tells u today that his realm in the omnipotent world is purposeless what will u say. The knife example u gave is still according to ur understanding of human. And you can't do more than that because that's the limit your brain can go. Now attributing this to God, who your minute brain cannot understand is a pure insult to God, dont u think?

Oga...purpose is a human attribute... I have already answered this question. U didn't even pick it to show the floor it has, u just keep on repeating the question.
You can't tell me Gid is an intelligent being... Again intelligence is a human attribute. Stop belittling your God with human attribute. Its only ominiptence among everything u said that is not a human attribute and I accept that.
What you call God's intelligence might have a whole different meaning you may never understand in his realm. You really err when u say God is intelligent. Intelligence is a function of the brain... Do you think your creator has a brain?

You are confused.
It seems like every attribute I share of God is contested. Since you are so sure God does not possess them, what is your idea of God?

God is the creator. Creation has a purpose which means the creator has a purpose. Creation oozes with design and sophistry. It means the creator is intelligent. So all I need to understand the nature of the Creator is the creation. Is this too much for your head to process?
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by frank317: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2015
vooks:

You are confused.
It seems like every attribute I share of God is contested. Since you are so sure God does not possess them, what is your idea of God?
This is what I hate about u guys. When ur belief is challenged you start throwing accusations instead of thinking it through. Now you accuse me of being SO SURE of what God does not possess. Something I am trying to warn u all day not to do. Well for clearance sake I am saying God is no human, stop giving him human attributes. Our brain cannot understand who, what or how he is.

God is the creator. Creation has a purpose which means the creator has a purpose. Creation oozes with design and sophistry. It means the creator is intelligent. So all I need to understand the nature of the Creator is the creation. Is this too much for your head to process?
U accuse me of being so sure of... Because I am warning you to be careful how u talk about an unknowable being. So you look at creation and it suddenly tells things about God. What if earth is his footprint? What if everything we see is his dream, what if we are his dung? What if we are his dirt or the grass in his lawn. All I am saying is what ever u see does not tall nothing about this God. You are just making a guess and it is wrong to just jump into conclusion since God is not human.
Re: The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny) by Empredboy(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2015
ademega:

pls any good answer?

to answer the first question, in Catholic teaching, God created us to know him, love him and to serve him in this world and be the next. To back it up with Bible, there is no where Christ promised us riches if we serve him instead he condemned the rich. Even Christ didn't promise us long life. So how destiny to b rich, get old, give birth can never change that is why the early Christian songs was just praises not asking for miracle. If one receives miracle, he is destined to be healed so that God can show his glory not any pastor. Examples of this destiny miracles are the death of lazzarus in th the Bible n other Christ miracle

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Bought This Drink Today With 666 On It / I Have Been Giving Half Of My Salary To A Pastor, Here's What Happened / Can We Form A Prayer Group Or Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.